Ascot fight on Ladies Day stuns horse racing fans

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
jumblies's picture
jumblies
Ascot fight on Ladies Day stuns horse racing fans

This story appeared on the front page today with the picture below and with the headline "I say chaps, that's not exactly horseplay". If it was anyone else the headline would be less jovial, calling for these yobs to be locked up. But when the rich have a public brawl it's all a bit of a romp. And, of course, nobody gets arrested.

Royal Ascot brawl saw bottles thrown, punches traded and tables smashed (Picture: INS)

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/866631-ascot-fight-on-ladies-day-stuns-horse-racing-fans

‘It looked like they were having a lovely time but they had been drinking. They were joined by a group of girls, who looked like they were leading them on. Then suddenly punches were being thrown and the girls were laughing. I heard one of them say, “Oh, are they fighting over me?”

‘Some of the men involved in the fight looked quite young but I think the man who got hurt was in his 40s.

‘People behind the bar pulled the men apart.’

Several people were spoken to by police but no arrests were made.

Think the bankers will go to jail? Here's your answer.

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
?

In suits and hats !!    People don't even wear  suits and hats to church anymore !!       Now we know ... put on a tie and you can fool anyone .

FM

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Not very cricket

Those ruffians ruined the creme' brulee!

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
Well, of course they ruined

Well, of course they ruined the creme' brulee!  If only the fashion police had stopped those not wearing traditional black and white only to the Ascot races.

The heathens will wear ANY color nowadays.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Pish Posh

james_knight_chaucer's picture
james_knight_chaucer
I went to Royal Ascot about

I went to Royal Ascot about three years ago. What a dump. The only place to sit was on concrete steps, and the other spectators were basically football hooligans in suits. Never again!

Doug's picture
Doug
Saratoga

Go to Saratoga in August.  That's where the serious money is.

Doug

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Pshaw

These fops and dandies were putting on a very poor recreation of the Canuck fans in Vancouver after Lord Stanley's cup moved to Boston.

Saratoga?  You bet.  (Pun intended)  Was stationed there for 2 years - August at the racetrack was outstanding.  The rest of the year was pretty good too.

Especially June when the Grateful Dead played Saratoga Performing Arts Center. 

Except in '88 when the 'Touch heads' ruined it by trashing the golf course and the Dead were never allowed back.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Re: Pshaw

What is a "touch Head"?

Doug's picture
Doug
Saratoga

Saw many good shows at SPAC, including Newport Jazz Festival back in the 70's, NYC Ballet, Santana and John McLaughlin together (very loud).

James Kunstler deserves some credit, just for choosing to live there.  One of my favorite places in the world.

Doug

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Johnny Oxygen wrote: What is
Johnny Oxygen wrote:

What is a "touch Head"?

A "touch head" is someone whos first introduction to the band was when they heard "Touch of Grey" on the radio or saw the video on MTV.  The hardcore heads blame the touchies for causing trouble in the late 80s and 90s and making the tour scene a mess.

The low point came in when they gate crashed at Deer Creek Music Center in Noblesville, IN in '95 resulting in cancelled shows.  That really sucked because Jerry died just a few weeks later and lots of true Dead Heads missed seeing him for the last time because of a bunch of drunken frat kids.

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
new dead heads

And what will they call the next generation ?    My son-in-law toured Europe with the Grateful Dead  in the early eighties . Now my young grandbabies are rockin out to the music  .    You know how fast young ones pick things up ! 

FM

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Unfortunate??
Full Moon wrote:

And what will they call the next generation ?    

Most likely they will be called 'Unfortunate' since they weren't on the bus prior to 9 August 1995.....

'One man gathers what another man spills'

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
whew

Good  because I was thinking  that you were going to say " Walking Deadheads "

FM

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Hmmmm
Full Moon wrote:

Good  because I was thinking  that you were going to say " Walking Deadheads "

FM

That would be our Congress and Senate.  Surprised

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments