"areas best suited to survive" resources?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kavi's picture
Kavi
"areas best suited to survive" resources?

Hello all, I have recently joined and am enjoying all the good information.  That said, I was hoping for some help with a search I have embarked on recently.

I am looking for a new place to live.  Somewhere that fosters the movement back to the earth and is doing all they can, individually and as a community, to prepare for whatever is in store for us, based on sound understanding and appreciation of the facts of our times.  So far I haven't had much luck.  I was hoping to inquire within the community here if anyone had any resources they would like to share, or any experiences with a similar quest.

Thank you and I look forward to enjoying more dialog here!

admin's picture
admin
Re: "areas best suited to survive" resources?

You may be interested in reviewing this thread:

http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/best-and-worst-cities-collapse/41532

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

Hi Kavi!

Welcome to CM.

If you ever want to look up a topic that might have already been discussed just type it in the small white 'search' box at the very top right of your screen. It will give you access to all discussion that have taken place on this site.

Kavi's picture
Kavi
admin wrote:

You may be interested in reviewing this thread:

http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/best-and-worst-cities-collapse/41532

Thank you for the link, this is exactly along the lines I am looking for.

janb's picture
janb

Hey Kavi,

My husband and I are also looking to relocate .  We are searching for someplace warm.  With adequate water resources.  I like urban living but may scale back that expectation as I investigate more.  I am focusing on the Southeast US.  Some places that seem like possibilities are Chapel Hill, NC area, Asheville, NC, Greenville, SC, Athens, GA.  I'm also interested in Florida.  Where are you thinking about?  Regards,  Jan

V's picture
V

joelskousen.com 

He has a book titled Strategic Relocation. I highly recommend it.

The southeast is the best in my opinion. Great climate, good rainfall and good soil. A plus is a strong anti government sentiment. At least in my militia

V

Kavi's picture
Kavi
janjee wrote:

Hey Kavi,

My husband and I are also looking to relocate .  We are searching for someplace warm.  With adequate water resources.  I like urban living but may scale back that expectation as I investigate more.  I am focusing on the Southeast US.  Some places that seem like possibilities are Chapel Hill, NC area, Asheville, NC, Greenville, SC, Athens, GA.  I'm also interested in Florida.  Where are you thinking about?  Regards,  Jan

I have family in the chapel hill area, there is alot to offer there.  Have heard good things about asheville as well.  I currently live in the southwest, so havent been able to investigate more on an interpersonal basis, but it is certainly on my list.  I would avoid florida personally, just as I would the midwest, simply for the reason that natural weather patterns allow for potentially massive disruptions.  In an environment with weakening infrastructures this could be catastrophic.  I am not too keen on high humidity, but that is personal preference.

Colorado and Oregon could be good options for out west, perhaps even northern CA.  What I am really looking for is some resource or organization that either has individuals or opens up access to personal testimonies and networking connections centered around  individual experiences with making the shift to sustainability.  And not the market canned version of "sustainability" that is currently being peddled by the industrial complex to market the same system and pattern of living that is already in place, with just "better" packaging. 

I know, its alot to ask for! But that is all one can do I suppose.  I would be willing to bet that such communities and areas already exist, but are coming from sustainability as a lifestyle already, IE rural and semi-rural farming and ranching areas.  Its just finding such "traditional" lifestyles that are incorporating modern resources to add the element of self-sufficiency in regards to  certain amenities more characteristic of more urban settings, if that makes any sense.  Mainly in regards to energy and easy access to goods and services.  Not that I am expecting to find somewhere I can get whole, organic foods, clean air and water, and a cafe mocha from starbucks, but perhaps something inbetween.  (dont get me wrong, I dont even like starbucks, but hopefully for illustration purposes you get my meaning)

If you find out anything more in your investigations, I would be interested in learning what your opinions are.

Kavi's picture
Kavi
V wrote:

joelskousen.com 

He has a book titled Strategic Relocation. I highly recommend it.

The southeast is the best in my opinion. Great climate, good rainfall and good soil. A plus is a strong anti government sentiment. At least in my militia

V

Thanks, I will check it out!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments