Are the Republican Primaries Rigged? More and more speculation & evidence builds...

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Are the Republican Primaries Rigged? More and more speculation & evidence builds...

From the WORLD AFFAIRS BRIEF (2/10/12) edition:

CORRUPTION IN NEVADA CAUCUS SYSTEM

Jeffrey Phelps, catalogs the growing evidence of vote fraud in the GOP caucuses of Nevada: “The people of Nevada are the immediate victims of mounting state GOP scandals, as the historical ‘First in the West’ Nevada Caucus has been officially rendered a fraud, and the unwitting citizens and voters are once again left holding the bag.

“So far, the overall magnitude of the circumstances has gone largely unnoticed by the people of the US in general, but that didn’t deter NV GOP Chairwoman, Amy Tarkanian from filing her resignation the very next morning on Sunday, as obvious and rampant, widespread election fraud is sweeping through the country in an establishment elite attempt to hide the real results, in favor of a pre-chosen candidate, despite the wishes of the American people.

“Breaking the story of Chairwoman, Tarkanian’s resignation, while trying to be as quiet about it as possible, The Nevada Sun did their very best to spin the circumstances and cleverly word the story, attempting to leave the reader with the impression that everything was going to be ok, when the actual reality of the circumstances is obviously quite dire.

“As it turns out, just as in Iowa, the likelihood that Ron Paul should have actually been the winner is very high. Not only did CNN show live coverage of a special late evening vote count in a populated Las Vegas precinct that had Ron Paul winning by almost 60%, statistics are showing that Ron Paul may have actually won the entire caucus by approx. the same margin, had in not been for another round of State GOP election fraud that is seemingly never going to be addressed by the powers that be, for obvious reasons.

“There was even a CNN videotaped situation outside of that same precinct that had event staff attempting to prevent a Ron Paul supporter from entering the premises, seemingly so he couldn’t assure a fair results count.

“Perhaps the most obvious aspect of the situation, however, may be the fact that Nevada is a known Libertarian state, Ron Paul has basically campaigned there since his last attempt at the white house, his numbers have almost doubled in every state since then, yet Nevada state GOP ‘officials’ expect everyone to believe he actually received fewer votes there in 2012 than he did in 2008?”

While I’m not disputing Romney’s overwhelming 50% win in the Nevada GOP caucus, there was still significant evidence that the Nevada GOP was trying to minimize the support for Ron Paul by overboosting the Gingrich percentage. There was a concerted effort to make sure Paul failed to gain the number two spot, which would have given the Texas congressman a much needed boost.

Remember, this the same Republican Party of Nevada that illegally shut down the delegate nominating convention in 2008 and turned out the lights on participants when it became apparent that Paul delegates were going to win a majority of the delegates sent to the Republican national convention. They were prepared this time with a full bag of tricks to limit Ron Paul supporter’s access to the caucus votes and to corrupt the process during the vote count.

Clark County was the focal point of controversy, taking two days to count the caucus votes, and having to deal with boxes of problem ballots. As the Las Vegas Sun admitted, “...the caucus-count fiasco that engulfed the Clark County GOP for the 36 hours after the caucuses ended, put Nevada’s largest county on an embarrassing national stage. It wasn’t about first place; it was a hard-fought, close contest for who could score a distant second [organizers were clearly focused on who they would allow to take second].

“As Gingrich and Paul seek to keep their presidential campaigns afloat, each is in a mad dash for delegates -- and momentum. Paul’s army of loyal followers carried him to a second-place finish in the 2008 caucuses -- and actually did better this time around.

“A statewide unofficial count showed that 6,179 voters turned up to caucus for Paul, giving him 18.8 percent of the 2012 caucus vote, as opposed to about 14 percent in 2008. Paul had the better ground game -- and the better turnout in Clark County [so how does he lose to Gingrich in Clark?].

“Republican Party officials are trying to figure out how to deal with a ‘trouble box’ of ballots from the presidential caucus Sunday as the count in Nevada’s largest county stretches into its second day. Party officials have confirmed that ballots in multiple precincts exceeded the number of voters who signed in. The ‘trouble box’ also includes ballots on which two candidates were marked and other irregularities.

“‘Right now, no one is suing us,’ Gallagher said, adding officials have found no evidence of fraud. The count discrepancies could be the result of late arrivals who received a ballot but didn't sign in.”

Contrast this (people allowed to ballot who didn’t sign in) with the experience of Michael Huggins, a UNLV student writer and activist: I registered Republican to participate in the GOP caucus. I did it on Jan. 20, the day before the deadline, at UNLV. I thought I was all set because it was before the deadline and I checked it with the party. I was wrong.

“At my caucus, I went to the table for everyone with the last name starting with H. They had every other Huggins in my family, the three others in my household. My name was not on the list. The person at the table told me to go to her supervisor. I told the supervisor my story and she asked, ‘Did you register at least 30 days before the caucus?’ I told her no, and that the news and the party had told me that I needed to do it before Jan. 21, and I met that deadline. She explained that that was incorrect and I was unable to vote.

“I asked if I could talk to anyone else, and she forwarded me to the site manager. I explained my story. She said I was correct, the other lady was wrong and she will look up my voter change in the ‘system.’ She called someone and after looking up my name she said, ‘You re-registered non-partisan and you cannot vote in the caucus.’ I said that I did not, and she replied that there was nothing she or I could do [you cannot register non-partisan. It’s possible to register no party affiliation, but he switched from that to Republican].

“Upset and frustrated because I did everything right, I started to leave. As I was leaving I heard someone call my name. He was a man in a very nice suit, and asked if I could wait for a second.

What I did not know until the end of this ordeal was that he overheard my name and that I had registered at UNLV. He googled my name and UNLV, and the first thing that came up was my article about going to the caucus and voting for Ron Paul. He was part of the Ron Paul campaign.

“He got hold of the legal team with his candidate, and with the help of the lawyer, and a signed affidavit, I was able to caucus. Once I got the help, they were very quick and let me in right away. I want to know how many other people had my same problem, because if it was not for my article, I would not have been able to participate.”

According to trends charts (http://www.flickr.com/photos/qcchem/6833706845/) Romney stayed about the same (51% versus 50% in 2008) and Ron Paul went from 14% to 19%. So Paul wasn’t taking from Romney supporters this year but from independent minded voters.

What does all this manipulation mean for the future? Simply that it is very possible we’ll get a Republican convention where there will be a floor fight for the nomination. “For the first time in a while,’ said Jeffrey M. Frederick, former Virginia Republican Party chairman, ‘there is actually at this point a reasonable chance that the nomination could come down to a floor fight.” Normally, once the convention is reach, the nomination is a foregone conclusion.

-----

On the heels of this then came more shenanigans with the Main Caucuses which were extremely close between Ron Paul & Mitt Romney.

FRAUD IN MAINE CAUCUS

http://destructionist.wordpress.com/tag/maine-caucus-fraud-against-ron-paul/

Can it get anymore more onbvious?

JG

tom.'s picture
tom.
Ron Paul may have won Maine

This could mean 4 back to back losses for Obomney and be devastating ... these are some good reports by Maddow.

RogerA's picture
RogerA
Hacking democracy.

Vote fraud is not unusual I think.

Hacking democracy. A full length documentary.

A group of citizens wants to find the answer to one simple question. How does America count its votes.

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Thanks for the videos & links Tom & Roger!!!

I heard about some of those  Rachel Maddow reports but I had not seen some of these clips yet.

I'm going to save and eventually watch the documentary on election fraud. I've read plenty about how this has taken place several times in US history and most recently under the Bush administration and now against Ron Paul.

Below are some great clips of Ron Paul Ads or short videos supporters have put together. These are good to circulate via e-mail, social media and You Tube.

The passion of the Liberty Movement and the American people's desire for truly meaningful change or righteous course redirection is going to mount a serious challenge to the deep pockets of, Wall Street corruption bolstering and media bias propping up Romney, other Neocon candidates and the Obama machine. Through education and passion we can help overcome ignorance and apathy. Keep up the good fight! 

Illegitimi non carborundum.”                                                                                                                                                                                                             [Don't let the bastards grind you down]        -  Gen. Joe “Vinegar” Stillwell

RON PAUL 2012

JG

RON PAUL ADS:

ANTI-FED & ANTI-WAR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hltnc4CFucY

PRO LIBERTY & PROTECTOR OF THE US CONSTITUTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JBmyMMkc5RE

A TRUE PATRIOT

dshields's picture
dshields
Not Big

I don't think it is rigged in a big way although I am sure some people try.  No, I think it is much more likely that Repubs want Obama out and they are hunting about for a way to get him out.  The Repub party is not one single consistant entity.  There are a number of different factions.  Right now the factions are not getting along very well.  There is a push by one faction to cut spending and move back toward a more constitutional way of doing things.  The old power people are not happy with this and they are pushing back.  It will be interesting to see how it works out.  It takes me back to the 2010 midterm election.  I had such great hopes for the tea party people.  Many got elected.  Then it all got very quiet.  Where is the tea party now ?  Very quiet.  Why ?  The politicians can not fix what is wrong with America.

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Dshields, agree and disagree...

I'm 100% positive the Republican primaries are fixed AGAINST Ron Paul. Most of the state GOP parties have been outspoken in their opposition, marginalization and media bias against Ron Paul. Several interviews of high level GOP staffers by investigative journalists have born out several instances in where key GOP insiders have said they will do just about anything (legal or illegal) to keep Paul from winnning any significant state elections or gaining too much momentum. This was talked about allot during the Iowa Caucuses, there was widespread fraud speculation in Nevada and now a yet another odd case in Maine.

I'll agree that the Republican party is fractured. Neither Romney, Santorum or Gingrich inspires much enthusiasm because they are all fake or corrupt flip floppers and same old BS neocon candidate. I don't even know how Gingrich can even be legitimate candidate with his background in corruption and Romney is about as liberal of a Republican candidate as you will see. Santorum seems like a desperate attempt for an anti-Romney vote since Gingrich just can't gather any real steam.

I also do agree that in the end the politicians can not fix what's wrong with America. However, Ron Paul would work to keep others from causing more damage and bring more attention to real issues than the others (like the Fed, deficit spending, false foreign wars, sound money, inflation, corporatism, gov't intervention in the private sector and the dangers of the military-industrial complex).

IMO, the next presidential term is going to be a disaster irregardless of who's president. I don't even think the Republicans want to be in office when that happens. Whatever party is in charge will take the blame and that will have a lasting impact. The 2013-2017 presidential will be very ugly for America and if they are able to postpone the inevitable through more stealth tactics and public deception the 2018-2021 presidential period will be even worse.

The conclusion is already baked in the cake and the results are mathematical. Massive inflation and little to no real growth over the next decade is a best case scenario given present trends with default, historically severe depression and/or hyper-inflation likely if not inevatible. The trick is how long can these SOBs drag out the show before the SHTF.

It's really up to enough of the public getting a clue and deciding to do something about it.

JG

RON PAUL 2012

RON PAUL ADS

ANTI-FED & ANTI-WAR

A TRUE PATRIOT

dshields's picture
dshields
sorry dude...
JuanGalt wrote:

I'm 100% positive the Republican primaries are fixed AGAINST Ron Paul. Most of the state GOP parties have been outspoken in their opposition, marginalization and media bias against Ron Paul. Several interviews of high level GOP staffers by investigative journalists have born out several instances in where key GOP insiders have said they will do just about anything (legal or illegal) to keep Paul from winnning any significant state elections or gaining too much momentum. This was talked about allot during the Iowa Caucuses, there was widespread fraud speculation in Nevada and now a yet another odd case in Maine.

I'll agree that the Republican party is fractured. Neither Romney, Santorum or Gingrich inspires much enthusiasm because they are all fake or corrupt flip floppers and same old BS neocon candidate. I don't even know how Gingrich can even be legitimate candidate with his background in corruption and Romney is about as liberal of a Republican candidate as you will see. Santorum seems like a desperate attempt for an anti-Romney vote since Gingrich just can't gather any real steam.

I also do agree that in the end the politicians can not fix what's wrong with America. However, Ron Paul would work to keep others from causing more damage and bring more attention to real issues than the others (like the Fed, deficit spending, false foreign wars, sound money, inflation, corporatism, gov't intervention in the private sector and the dangers of the military-industrial complex).

IMO, the next presidential term is going to be a disaster irregardless of who's president. I don't even think the Republicans want to be in office when that happens. Whatever party is in charge will take the blame and that will have a lasting impact. The 2013-2017 presidential will be very ugly for America and if they are able to postpone the inevitable through more stealth tactics and public deception the 2018-2021 presidential period will be even worse.

The conclusion is already baked in the cake and the results are mathematical. Massive inflation and little to no real growth over the next decade is a best case scenario given present trends with default, historically severe depression and/or hyper-inflation likely if not inevatible. The trick is how long can these SOBs drag out the show before the SHTF.

It's really up to enough of the public getting a clue and deciding to do something about it.

JG

RON PAUL 2012

RON PAUL ADS

ANTI-FED & ANTI-WAR

A TRUE PATRIOT

Sorry dude...

If you are looking for the public to do something about the present situation in America then you are going to be disappointed.  The majority of people have no idea what-so-ever what is going on - nor do they care.  If you try to tell them they simply do not believe you.  I have tried on multiple occations and all I ever get is strange looks.  The main stream media has been very effective at masking the facts.  Also, the education system has failed.  People do not have the critical thinking skills necessary to figure out what is going on.  Half the country is dependent on the government and pays no fed taxes.  They do not care what happens as long as they keep getting their benefits.  The majority is entitled to what they get.  Ask them and they will tell you.  The vast majority believes that if there is a problem the gov will save them and make it all right.  Statism has lead America down a crazy path to disaster.  Nothing is going to change until some major event occurs that drives home to the people that the politicians have massively screwed up.  By the time that happens it will be too late.  At some point the world is not going to want any more dollars.  That wil be the tipping point.

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Dshields, agree with your 2nd take...

I'm not counting on enough people getting before it is too late but hopefully just enough to matter to me and those I care most about. For all the reasons you mentioned that won't happen for the general public though. That's why we all must prep and build communities with like-minded folks.

I do believe in a dual personal mandate of at least trying to alert, educate and awaken others through reasonable efforts but yes, most of it will be in vain.

It will take ALLOT of pain and be too late before most people "get it". You're right, they don't want to hear it, don't believe it and often think we're nuts for even suggesting such things as "the truth".

However, Dr. Paul still has a substantial amount of support both off-line and on-line for good reason. It's just that the mainstream media tries to ignore it, distort it or corrupt it but it's there nonetheless.

I'm often amazed how everywhere I turn on the net (that is not mainstream media controlled) Dr. Paul has strong and overwhelming support. The GOP won't nominate him because they are and will continue to cheat, are corrupt crooks and sold their souls to the PTB devils that run the phony system that is our gov't now. Whatever candidate the GOP comes up (still likely Romney despite no one being excited about him) will be a joke and will get trampled on by the "Obama Machine" with his millions (make that billions) in campaign funding and controlled mainstream liberal media pushing his agenda and propoganda. The deception and brainwashing will continue to be horrific and soon reach epic proportions during the heart of the reelection campaign. It's going to be sick!

I do however think a strong 3rd Party run by Dr. Paul can make a difference, spread the message of liberty and shed light on the destructive policies and tactics of our morally bankrupt Congress, House of Representatives, Senate and White House.

Perhaps by the next election a stronger 3rd party will emerge. God bless Dr. Paul for his efforts but the machine will stop short of nothing to win. I honestly believe in a fair election Dr. Paul would easily win but there is nothing nor will there be anything close to resembling fair and honest elections. Our election process is a complete farce! Not much better than that of 3rd world dictatorships, just dressed up nicer with more sophisticated deception tactics and propoganda.

We should still support Dr. Paul and his message because supporting Obama or the Neocon candidates is pointless and a betrayal of the constitution and the spirit of everything that America was founded on IMO.

Thanks for your 2 cents and keep on prepping brother!

JG

RON PAUL 2012 

dshields's picture
dshields
3rd party
JuanGalt wrote:

I'm not counting on enough people getting before it is too late but hopefully just enough to matter to me and those I care most about. For all the reasons you mentioned that won't happen for the general public though. That's why we all must prep and build communities with like-minded folks.

I do believe in a dual personal mandate of at least trying to alert, educate and awaken others through reasonable efforts but yes, most of it will be in vain.

It will take ALLOT of pain and be too late before most people "get it". You're right, they don't want to hear it, don't believe it and often think we're nuts for even suggesting such things as "the truth".

However, Dr. Paul still has a substantial amount of support both off-line and on-line for good reason. It's just that the mainstream media tries to ignore it, distort it or corrupt it but it's there nonetheless.

I'm often amazed how everywhere I turn on the net (that is not mainstream media controlled) Dr. Paul has strong and overwhelming support. The GOP won't nominate him because they are and will continue to cheat, are corrupt crooks and sold their souls to the PTB devils that run the phony system that is our gov't now. Whatever candidate the GOP comes up (still likely Romney despite no one being excited about him) will be a joke and will get trampled on by the "Obama Machine" with his millions (make that billions) in campaign funding and controlled mainstream liberal media pushing his agenda and propoganda. The deception and brainwashing will continue to be horrific and soon reach epic proportions during the heart of the reelection campaign. It's going to be sick!

I do however think a strong 3rd Party run by Dr. Paul can make a difference, spread the message of liberty and shed light on the destructive policies and tactics of our morally bankrupt Congress, House of Representatives, Senate and White House.

Perhaps by the next election a stronger 3rd party will emerge. God bless Dr. Paul for his efforts but the machine will stop short of nothing to win. I honestly believe in a fair election Dr. Paul would easily win but there is nothing nor will there be anything close to resembling fair and honest elections. Our election process is a complete farce! Not much better than that of 3rd world dictatorships, just dressed up nicer with more sophisticated deception tactics and propoganda.

We should still support Dr. Paul and his message because supporting Obama or the Neocon candidates is pointless and a betrayal of the constitution and the spirit of everything that America was founded on IMO.

Thanks for your 2 cents and keep on prepping brother!

JG

RON PAUL 2012 

The 3rd party thing scares me.  If a third party split even 5% off the repub vote it would re-elect Obama.  Obama might just win anyway but spliting the repub vote would basically put him in for another 4 years.  Without the restraint provided by needing to get re-elected, his second term would be the end of America as we know it.  Not good.  I would take any of the repubs over Obama.  I would vote for an orange can over Obama.  It is amazing what he has done so far.  I find it intersting that he can not be impeached and removed for breach of oath of office.

Poet's picture
Poet
Delegates And 2nd-Place Finishes May Well Make Paul The Winner

I don't think it's too rigged. Some shennanigans, for sure. And maybe some suppression at the state level. But that's happened even in general elections, with accusations flying around of voting dead people, polling place intimidation, or minority or ex-felon or student voter caging and suppression, and electronic machines easily hacked and with no audit trail.

But think of how Romney and Santorum have each won a few states, and even Gingrich has won one. I don't care if Romney and Santorum and Gingrich keep splitting the wins between themselves and wear themselvces out attacking and out-spending each other. So long as Ron Paul pulls through to the nomination with his delegates strategy and string of 2nd-place finishes...

Poet

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
please please !

Please ,Please tell me this is not true . 

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/us/politics/mitt-romney-and-ron-paul-friendly-amid-the-rivalry.html?_r=4&hp  

http://markamerica.com/2012/02/22/ron-paul-wont-touch-romney-in-debate-n...

Poet's picture
Poet
Speculation At This Point

I believe at this time, it is still pure speculation. The article at Mark America has no proof, only conjecture.

Ron Paul has always been a decent and civil man who is willing to engage in dialogue or join forces on issues he believes in, without compromising his ethics or positions on issues he doesn't believe in.

For example, everyone knows that he and Dennis Kucinich are on good terms and share an anti-war stance, just as he and Bernie Sanders agree on ending the Federal Reserve, and he and Ralph Nader have at times been in agreement as well.

Also for example, look at the New York Times article you pointed out. They are warm towards each other, but when Romney has offered to loan Paul his private jet or have him stay the night at one of his homes... each time Paul has declined. That speaks to integrity and knowing not to have any appearance of impropriety nor feeling like you owe someone something, or letting someone feel like you owe them something.

I do not believe Ron Paul would be doing any political power-brokering with Romney to get Rand Paul as V.P. Ron Paul would definitely alienate his base if he tried such a deal with Romney. Especially now that one or more pundits may be predicting a power move like that, he would only be proving them right if he did so. However, it's possible that Paul may use the power of his delegates to push for changes in the party's platform, or for a major voice in selecting people to run the Republican Party.

However, I do believe Romney, as a moderate, is not an "enemy-maker" and is trying not to alienate Paul's base (which he may come to need in the general election). Santorum has said some rather mean things about Paul and likely isn't counting on Paul's base of independents and libertarians (and moderates who might be willing to give Paul and peace and civil rights and Wall Street fraud prosecution) a chance. Everyone knows that Santorum, by virtue of his polarizing position wouldn't stand a chance against the moderates and independents in the general election who would not vote for him. And of course, everyone knows Gingrich is going nowhere in this primary season - not enough money, not enough organization (his entire campaign staff quit on him early on and he had to hire from scratch), and his name is missing on some states' ballots.

That's my opinion.

Poet

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Full Moon, I see the logic in the 2nd article but...

could not access the first. I may be able to find it be doing a google search under the article name.

It has been quite evident both Romney and Gingrich have refused to directly attack Ron Paul in debates for quite some time now and both have publicly professed admiration and like toward Dr. Paul. They are just courting his voters and potentially his support/endorsement if he drops out. Paul and Santorum have always attacked each other. Santorum is really unlikable if you're a Paul supporter. That idiot won't get any help there.

It's highly possible Romney and/or Gingrich see themselves trying to work something out with Paul or at least not alienating Paul's significant base and potential delegates.

Funny, Gingrich tried to cozy up again to Paul on last night's debate (2/22/12) but Paul pretty much rejected his effort. It was subtle but certainly uncomfortable for Gingrich although he tried to laugh it off. 

You can easily see how several of these candidates, as the debates have gone along, have basically started to copy, mimic or somewhat adopt some of Paul's stances because many of them are indeed popular no matter what the corrupt bought and paid for mainstream media says.

If anything, Paul has been CONSISTENT while the others are simply fake, hypocritical flip-floppers who will say anything that they feel is popular with the audience they are speaking infront of at any given moment. They have no real convictions, passion and moral standards and it shows. That's why they all feel so phony. Rick Perry tried and failed mierably to borrow from Dr. Paul but since was such a goof he slit his own throat.

I can see where Dr. Paul wants to lay a foundation down for Rand and that may factor into deciding into running 3rd party or not but I have a hard time believing he would be interested or accept a VP or high level cabinet nomination from Romney. Paul would be powerless.

On top of that, I also don't see any Republican standing a chance against Obama besides Paul. Paul will get independents and some disatisfied democrats on his side and surely most Republicans would vote for Paul over Obama. Romney is a weak, uninspiring moderate to liberal republican candidate who will only get the vote of the Mormons and war-mongering Republicans. Santorum and Gingrich would fair even worse as they are far more fallible.

The Obama Machine, as wrong-headed, corrupt, failed and unprincipled as it may be, is going to be a very difficult force to deal with even inspite of the flailing economy. The have masterful deception tactics and all the money, influence and power to execute their phony and misleading agenda. They in fact may be able to tell lies better than another less funded party will be able to get out the truth. That's even worse when you know that Romney, Santorum and Gingrich don't even represent sincere conservative truths (just neocon BS).

Just some quick thoughts. More on this later.

JG

RON PAUL 2012

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Or maybe.....

I couldn't get either link to work.....

I highly doubt Ron Paul is trying to broker an back room deals.  He has been consistent with his message for 35 years and has repeatedly demonstrated he is a principled man.  Poet is correct - if he were playing games at this point for personal and political maneuvering and favor his base would crucify him.

If anything he is being civil to Romney because Romney is being civil.  Romney isn't stupid (at least not as stupid as Rick Perry) and as has been commented on, Romney is probably looking to Paul's base hoping he (Romney) will get the nomination and will be remembered as "the guy who was nice to Ron" to garner support from Paul's supporters?

Santorum - in addition to being a Constitutional retard, is evidently wilting under the light of astute observation and scrutiny.  His track record isn't nearly as conservative as he wants people to believe and Ron Paul stuck him to the wall with his "Everyone is a fiscal conservative when they are running for office" top rope smackdown comment.  Santorum had no option but to go ugly early and it's the actions of a desperate man.

Gingrich probably won't directly attack Paul because he's been around long enough to understand that Ron Paul is the picture of consistency, and an attack on Paul would extinguish the last chance he has.

Once Santorum and Gingrich have completely marginalized themselves and are gone then Paul can set his sights on Obomney, er, Romney.  Romney waffles more than a line chef at an International House of Pancakes.  Paul can afford to be civil to Romney because he can target him later.  No point in doing it now while Santorum and Newt are still flopping around on the beach.

Eventually (hopefully?) the media is going to have to start accurately covering Ron Paul and his policies and head to head with Romney, under an objective light I don't see how that can benefit anyone except Ron Paul.

"Detox Capitol Hill.  It's just what the Doctor ordered."

tictac1's picture
tictac1
"Also, the education system

"Also, the education system has failed."

"Eventually (hopefully?) the media is going to have to start accurately covering Ron Paul and his policies and head to head with Romney, under an objective light I don't see how that can benefit anyone except Ron Paul."

Actually, public education is a wild success, considering the intentions of the men who helped import it from Prussia-

"Gatto says the American educationists imported three major ideas from Prussia. The first was that the purpose of state schooling was not intellectual training but the conditioning of children "to obedience, subordination and collective life." Second, whole ideas were broken into fragmented "subjects," and school days were divided into fixed periods "so that self-motivation to learn would be muted by ceaseless interruptions." Third, the state was posited as the true parent of the children."

This fact, coupled with the deliberate use of propaganda techniques by the corporate-owned American media, pretty much assure that even if the truth is discernable through the media coverage, most people will be too stupid to comprehend it.   Unfortunately, the bright minds on this site probably only represent 0.01% of the American population, in terms of thought processes and the ability to think.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments