Apoplectic, impotent rage.....

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
On Our Own's picture
On Our Own
Apoplectic, impotent rage.....

I try to read across the blogosphere and the newspapers so that I can read from multiple perspectives.  I recognize that we do not all live in the same America.  And America does not live in the same world that much of the rest of the world does.  But, truly,  what planets do these jokers live on?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/34792328

Record breaking bonuses to the architects of the nation's economic destruction.   These people are terrorists who destroyed us from within.  Once upon a time I swore an oath to protect the constitution from enemies foreign and domestic.  But, now the military is part of the complex of the oligarchy.  A cancer within, these banksters are really only  symptom of the illness.

jpitre's picture
jpitre
Re: Apoplectic, impotent rage.....

On Our Own -- if it is any consolation you are not alone with your feelings -- I, for one, stand with you as I am sure many others do. For the moment we appear to be out-gunned, however even deer in the headlights have been known to charge. One day we'll get our act together and figure out what to do and the guard will change.

Jim

On Our Own's picture
On Our Own

Thanks jpitre.

The move your money campaign - while absolutely worth the effort - is simply not enough.  We don't elect our bankers,  but we do perpetuate the system that they are feeding from.  Move your money.  It's a start.

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

O3, Jim,

While I agree with you both, strongly encourage you to step back and remember that "the military", "the Government" and "the Oligarchy" are sweeping terms.
I swore the same oath, and as a person who's served in the very recent past, I can say with certainty many others also see what we see.
When the time comes, it will be hard for the rot within each element you mentioned to hide or proclaim their innocence.
The wheels of justice grind slow, but they grind fine, and we're building momentum as the enemy of our nations principles, economic stability and civil cohesion lose theirs.

Cheers, and keep your chin up.

Aaron

jpitre's picture
jpitre

Aaron

You are right that the broad sweeping comments can easily lasso fine, upstanding men and women into the dustbin without intending to do so. Some of the best men I've ever met are/have been military serving their country in an honest upstanding manner - and that. IMHO, stands for the majority of the military. I'm not at all so sure about some of the other agencies such as the CIA etc, however the individuals I've encountered there have been good men.

The rot as I see it has to do primarily with (some of) the leaders of the whole conglomeration that make most of their decisions based on their personal well being and bias with little regard for what is morally/ethically defensible. When accountability is negligible and hidden, organizations such as the FED have become so "ivory tower" in character, that reality and what we might call authentic honesty/integrity becomes clouded in the mist of egocentric unreality.

I'm waiting for the fine grind and hope I live long enoughEmbarassed

Jim

jneo's picture
jneo

We need a national RUN ON THE BANK DAY!!!!  

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Aaron Moyer wrote:

The wheels of justice grind slow, but they grind fine, and we're building momentum as the enemy of our nations principles, economic stability and civil cohesion lose theirs.

Brother Aaron speaks truth.  Keep doing what you're doing.  Keep your chin up.  Keep your BELIEF up.  When the worm turns (and it will), to the extent the good folk are ready, then the turn will be for the good.  That's pretty much my daily mantra.  Helps me get out of bed at 4:30/5:00 a.m. in the morning on another colddark upstate NY January morning...

Viva -- Sager

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
jpitre wrote:

You are right that the broad sweeping comments can easily lasso fine, upstanding men and women into the dustbin without intending to do so. Some of the best men I've ever met are/have been military serving their country in an honest upstanding manner - and that. IMHO, stands for the majority of the military. 

As a fella who's never served in the US armed services, I'm actually looking forward to the opportunity (at some point) to work with them in the post-Fan world.  

jpitre wrote:

I'm waiting for the fine grind and hope I live long enoughEmbarassed

Couldn't have put it better myself...

Viva -- Sager

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

On Our Own wrote:

Record breaking bonuses to the architects of the nation's economic destruction. These people are terrorists who destroyed us from within. Once upon a time I swore an oath to protect the constitution from enemies foreign and domestic. But, now the military is part of the complex of the oligarchy. A cancer within, these banksters are really only symptom of the illness.

I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments with one exception, for the most part, the military is used by the oligarchy as opposed to being a bonafide member.  Indeed we are a client state of bankers run by bankers, for bankers.  When I say bankers, I am referring to the international banking cartel that has usurped our government and institutions.

Noted Georgetown Professor of History, Carroll Quigley (Bill Clinton's mentor) explained that:

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole.

This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations.

Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

In the U.S. we have the private Federal Reserve, in Great Britain, there is the Bank of England, in Europe there is the ECB, and on and on.  The central banks are all tentacles of the same private system.  The chief architect of the Federal Reserve system, Paul Warburg spoke before the U.S. Senate in 1950 and confidently declared that “We shall have World Government, whether or not we like it. The only question is whether World Government will be achieved by conquest or consent.”

The goal has been to eliminate the nation state to be replaced with international communism run by the private banking cartel.  We are seeing this plan come to fruition today as the tyrannical powers are beginning to come out in the open.  They are purposely destroying the financial viability and the very will of their client states so that we will acquiesce to their international rule.  Everything we are seeing today is intended to lead to this inevitable apocalypse.

They are very powerful in that they literally hold the power to create money.  They create as much of it as they need but that is only a means and not not the objective.  By creating money they control all industry and finance and they decide who wins and loses.  It is a farce to say that the U.S. has any financial policies - how can we when every dollar is created by them as debt to us.  

Larry

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
On Our Own wrote:

Once upon a time I swore an oath to protect the constitution from enemies foreign and domestic.  But, now the military is part of the complex of the oligarchy.  A cancer within, these banksters are really only  symptom of the illness.

OOO -

Just my opinion, but if you swore the oath once, you are still bound by it - even if you aren't in uniform any longer.  I took off the uniform 6 1/2 years ago after 24 years and still consider myself bound by the words I stated.

I'll let Aaron wait for the fine grinding, I want to be around for the first pass through the coarse tumbler because that's gonna hurt.

BTW - thanks for your service.

nickbert's picture
nickbert

The kind of fine grinding I'd like to see:

"Bankster Island" -  The hot new reality show where convicted banksters, Ponzi schemers, government officials, and Federal Reserve officials are sentenced to permanent exile on a remote desert island.  Each is given just a pocket knife, two matches, and a copy of Golding's "Lord of the Flies".  You'll get to watch as Ben Bernanke roots for grubs and termites in a rotten log, and see Larry Summers and Lloyd Blankfein argue on the best way to cook a rat.  You'll laugh as Ken Lewis and Bernie Madoff ineffectively attempt to hunt wild boar with sharp sticks and rocks, eventually giving up and settle for stealing Bernanke's grubs.  And you'll see the excitement taken up a notch when Tim Geithner attempts to rule the island by force using Alan Greenspan's eyeglasses and empty skull as his symbols of power, and his eventual fall from power as the older banksters band together and overpower him so they can feast on his young, tasty liver.  And as part of the audience participation portion of the program, dozens of lucky citizens are chosen each week to cruise around 1/2 mile offshore and party it up with the finest food, drink, and entertainment in full sight of the island's new inhabitants.  And on those special occasions where escape is attempted, the party kicks into overdrive as the lucky citizens are given shotguns filled with rocksalt loads and hooked poles to capsize the escapees' makeshift rafts and canoes. 

I think Fox will buy this show in a nanosecond.

- Nickbert

V's picture
V

Nickbert 

Are you doing an impersonation of Machinehead?

If this post gets flagged for violence it won't be by me.LOL

V

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat
JK121 wrote:

You know, I really like this idea, in a serious sense. I've had coworkers suggest to me that a national "off the grid" day that is randomly selected once per year might be a good idea to remind people to be prepared for emergencies and such. Or a day where we can't buy gas and have to learn to make due. Not to say I think these are fully practical or sensible, but the spirit of encouraging public awareness is valid.

Likewise, we should have a "National Citizen Administered Bank Stress Test" day. Let the banks fear it and spend their resources preparing. And let us, the citizens, go home knowing that our bank can at least weather a storm of magnitude of our own choosing. Perhaps this would send a message to Benjamin and Timothy as well that we are the ultimate deciders in the integrity of the banking system and the economic stability of this country.

JAG's picture
JAG
nickbert wrote:

The kind of fine grinding I'd like to see:

"Bankster Island" -  The hot new reality show where convicted banksters, Ponzi schemers, government officials, and Federal Reserve officials are sentenced to permanent exile on a remote desert island.  Each is given just a pocket knife, two matches, and a copy of Golding's "Lord of the Flies".  You'll get to watch as Ben Bernanke roots for grubs and termites in a rotten log, and see Larry Summers and Lloyd Blankfein argue on the best way to cook a rat.  You'll laugh as Ken Lewis and Bernie Madoff ineffectively attempt to hunt wild boar with sharp sticks and rocks, eventually giving up and settle for stealing Bernanke's grubs.  And you'll see the excitement taken up a notch when Tim Geithner attempts to rule the island by force using Alan Greenspan's eyeglasses and empty skull as his symbols of power, and his eventual fall from power as the older banksters band together and overpower him so they can feast on his young, tasty liver.  And as part of the audience participation portion of the program, dozens of lucky citizens are chosen each week to cruise around 1/2 mile offshore and party it up with the finest food, drink, and entertainment in full sight of the island's new inhabitants.  And on those special occasions where escape is attempted, the party kicks into overdrive as the lucky citizens are given shotguns filled with rocksalt loads and hooked poles to capsize the escapees' makeshift rafts and canoes. 

I think Fox will buy this show in a nanosecond.

- Nickbert

LOL Awesome Nickbert !!!!!

I think you should write the series in installments right here in the forums.

V's picture
V

Larry 

You never cease to amaze me ( you old conspiracy theorist you). You are on the mark every post. Michael Hudson an economist is one of the few of that profession that  has stated much the same. He terms it neo-feudalism.

It is truly a shame that young men and women are duped into serving corporate masters and put their lives on the line in doing so. We as a nation are hated around the world because we have become an Empire run amock. (I understand that that is probably an oxymoron)

Keep up your posts I never fail to read them and never fail to learn something

V

JAG's picture
JAG
JK121 wrote:

What would really get "their" attention is a run on the money markets:

This Is The Government: Your Legal Right To Redeem Your Money Market Account Has Been Denied

We would venture to guess that the Reserve money market fund breaking the buck will be at the very top of the list, as the ensuing "run on the electronic bank" was precisely the 21st century equivalent of what happened to banks in physical form, during the early days of the Geat Depression. Had the lack of confidence in the system persisted for a few more hours, the entire financial world would have likely collapsed, as was so vividly recalled by Rep. Paul Kanjorski, once a barrage of electronic cash withdrawal requests depleted this primary spoke of the entire shadow economy.

Yet new regulations proposed by the administration, and specifically by the ever-incompetent Securities and Exchange Commission, seek to pull one of these three core pillars from the foundation of the entire money market industry, by changing the primary assumptions of the key Money Market Rule 2a-7. A key proposal in the overhaul of money market regulation suggests that money market fund managers will have the option to "suspend redemptions to allow for the orderly liquidation of fund assets." You read that right: this does not refer to the charter of procyclical, leveraged, risk-ridden, transsexual (allegedly) portfolio manager-infested hedge funds like SAC, Citadel, Glenview or even Bridgewater (which in light of ADIA's latest batch of problems, may well be wishing this was in fact the case), but the heart of heretofore assumed safest and most liquid of investment options: Money Market funds, which account for nearly 40% of all investment company assets. The next time there is a market crash, and you try to withdraw what you thought was "absolutely" safe money, a back office person will get back to you saying, "Sorry - your money is now frozen. Bank runs have become illegal."

(emphasis mine)

On Our Own's picture
On Our Own

Anyone who swears that oath knows that it is for life.  But, like others I also know that those who serve the military do not control the military.  But, I have one concern - yes,  others see what we see,  but I also see one of the worlds largest standing mercenary force on our soil that is NOT under the control of the government.  Doesn't that concern anyone else?

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

Lately, Gerald Celente has been making a big fuss about a related issue. From what he says, the day after 9-11, he went to the bank to withdraw his money from CDs and he was told that he could not do that because Wall Street was closed. Take home point: "national emergencies" and "national disasters" are (apparently) a legitimate excuse to keep your money locked up. And as Wall Street goes, so does your cash, even if it was in a "no risk" cd or money market. Anything remotely like Lehman again will cause an all out bank holiday, I'm convinced.

On Our Own's picture
On Our Own

A friend of mine learned this also the hard way around the time of the crash.  Her mother had had damage to her house from a hurricane  (which one was that?)  anyway,  she wanted to wire her ten grand and the bank said no.  They said she needed to tell them what she wanted it for and come back the next day.  She thought it was drug laws,  but the bank said,  no it was to prevent a bank run and that they did not have enough cash on hand to cover that type of withdrawal.

nickbert's picture
nickbert

V -

I think most people would recognize it as satire, so no worries.  And my inspiration is George Carlin (warning for excessive profanity.... well it is Carlin, after all):

Quote:

JAG -

Probably not, because if I wrote anymore I might start to seriously entertain the whole idea.  It has already got me googling 'desert islands for sale'.  Not to mention I've been daydreaming what a Bernanke vs Geithner fight-to-the-death might look like.  I think it might look something like this...

Star Trek - Amok Time Fight Scene

BTW I'm thinking Bernanke for the win.  He lacks the youth advantage, but he just has that shrewd look that says "I know how to fight dirty..."

- Nickbert

Ken C's picture
Ken C
nickbert wrote:

V -

I think most people would recognize it as satire, so no worries.  And my inspiration is George Carlin (warning for excessive profanity.... well it is Carlin, after all):

Quote:

JAG -

Probably not, because if I wrote anymore I might start to seriously entertain the whole idea.  It has already got me googling 'desert islands for sale'.  Not to mention I've been daydreaming what a Bernanke vs Geithner fight-to-the-death might look like.  I think it might look something like this...

Star Trek - Amok Time Fight Scene

BTW I'm thinking Bernanke for the win.  He lacks the youth advantage, but he just has that shrewd look that says "I know how to fight dirty..."

- Nickbert

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

The Evolutionary Ape's picture
The Evolutionary Ape
JK121 wrote:

That would pretty much trigger another depression (we know the banks don't have the money) and with the current general population feeling as entitled as they do (not to mention all the people who wouldn't be able to afford their anti-depressants and Starbuck's fix), it would probably trigger a good deal of anarchy, shooting, and rioting.  Lives would be lost and we would find out just why they have a standing infrantry division ready for deployment in America (http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/09/army_homeland_090708w/).    For those who have kids, is that really what we want?  I for one hope this whole mess ends peacefully.

What happens if we chop off the banks feet and start targeting the people who work at the banks (tellers, branch managers, etc.) with how they work for traitors of democracy and liberty.  If you know someone who works at a bank, educate them on how their company is destroying America and the principles it was founded upon.  Show them the Crash Course.   The CEO's can only stay rich and keep on running the country into the ground if the grunts at the bottom keep taking orders.  If there is a day where no one wants to work the teller counter at BOA, Chase, Citi, etc., those CEO's are screwed and will be forced to change their ways. 

Of course with unemployment at 10%, the challenge is changing the mindset of those working at the bottom and changing the public's mindset to that of working for a big bank is about as low as being a prostitute. I'd go as far as to say ostracise and harass anyone who works at a bank, but that 's a little extreme.  Although I think they used to tar and feather public outcasts back in the day?  Just joking of course...sorta.

On Our Own's picture
On Our Own

Aiming anger at the people who work the bottom jobs at banks is like blaming the troops for the war.  Perhaps if they all mutineed we would not have a war in Iraq - but we would have war here.

We need to vote with our money and move it out of big banks.   We need to vote with our money and sell stock that is for big banks,  or use whatever little voice you get with your stock and have a stockholders revolt.  Buy a small chunk of BofA and use it to say your piece.  

The people with all of the money are not going to give it or their practices up unless they are forced to.

agitating prop's picture
agitating prop

The cratering of  American style capitalism, followed by a rise of fascist oligarchic powers, parallels the Russian experience, post Glasnost. Free marketeers high fiving the triumph of "capitalism" provided the ideological fuel that disposed of much of the common sense "socialist" government regulation, that ennabled the banksters. Greenspan in an almost direct quote said he was really surprised that the market place wasn't able deal fraud a deadly blow. He didn't think laws were even necessary. What a complete zealot nut.  Worse than J.Edgar Hoover dismissing "organized crime" as a conspiracy theory, a few decades ago. A confederacy of dunces and greedy spirtually impoverished losers. It's so lovely having the free world dominated by these types.

clover38's picture
clover38

Love it or leave it.  A lot of switched on folks are leaving it and moving to tax friendly jurisdictions like Singapore, Canada (with huge tax incentives for wealthy families), Hong Kong (flat 17%), and of course sunny places in the Caribbean.  The US passport is one of the most dangerous travel documents on the planet.  Moreover, the US citizen is hunted down by the IRS (no matter where he or she lives and no matter whether he/she has any ties at all to the US) so that all the banksters can get their bonuses.  Soon there will be nothing left to love but the hollowed out shell, its desperate and angry citizens armed to the teeth, of what was once a great nation.  Maybe for families with resources it's time to think about other alternatives, both for wealth protection and mobility.

The Evolutionary Ape's picture
The Evolutionary Ape
On Our Own wrote:

Aiming anger at the people who work the bottom jobs at banks is like blaming the troops for the war.  Perhaps if they all mutineed we would not have a war in Iraq - but we would have war here.

We need to vote with our money and move it out of big banks.   We need to vote with our money and sell stock that is for big banks,  or use whatever little voice you get with your stock and have a stockholders revolt.  Buy a small chunk of BofA and use it to say your piece.  

The people with all of the money are not going to give it or their practices up unless they are forced to.

This idea I like, especially the stockholder's revolt.  Now if we could target one bank at a time and get a movement similar to the size of Tea Parties. It's a lofty goal, but I think it might work.  Of course big banksters would probably catch on and start buying up shares too, but who really wants to see a bunch like us at the shareholder's meeting raising hell.  Enough people on a movement like this and things could change.

On Our Own's picture
On Our Own

THey have been happening...  it just takes a few more people to realize that their pensions hold stock and not throw away those proxy votes!

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd

I was going to open another thread, but this seems a reasonable place to ask my question.

Has anyone read "5 Steps to Freedom", by Jeff Nabers and Phoebe Chongcuha?

I received it as part of a packet when I attended a Campaign for Liberty event a few months back, and finally got around to reading it. It's a fairly short paperback, and not necessarily the most comprehensive book that I have read, but it focuses on specific steps one can take to preserve wealth in light of continuing devaluation of the U.S. dollar. Precious metals are, of course, discussed, as are putting money in foreign currencies, foreign banks, getting out of the stock market, etc. I think there may have been a discussion about not using credit cards, too, but can't recall for certain. There follows a number of examples of alternative investments, most using a Solo-401K or IRA.

Any insights or reviews from anyone who has read this?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments