Is Anyone Minding The Store At The Federal Reserve???

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
castlewp's picture
castlewp
Is Anyone Minding The Store At The Federal Reserve???

This literally makes me sick to my stomach.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
Re: Is Anyone Minding The Store At The Federal Reserve???

I mean seriously.....I actually can't even think right now I'm so disgusted.  This video makes me want to march on DC and the Fed,  plus scream at 90% of the American Citizenry to WAKE UP!

MarkM's picture
MarkM

castlewp,

You beat me to the punch.  I saw that earlier today and haven't had time to post it.  Thanks for putting it up.

Here is the job description she is supposed to be performing.

The Office of Inspector General (OIG) conducts independent and objective audits, inspections, evaluations, investigations, and other reviews related to programs and operations of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board). OIG efforts promote integrity, economy, efficiency, and effectiveness; help prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse; and strengthen accountability to the Congress and the public. The OIG’s work assists the Board in managing risk and in achieving its overall mission to foster the stability, integrity, and efficiency of the nation’s monetary, financial, and payment systems so as to promote optimal macroeconomic performance.

She typifies the response of any Fed representative questioned before Congress.  Denial and ambiguity of the highest order.  This will never stop on it's own.

Secretlee's picture
Secretlee

Hi All

I just watched the video... Is this for REAL??? I am having trouble believing my own ears and eyes. Am I parked diagonally in a parallel universe? What is going ON with the world?

Geeeesh. I heard they have a new book coming out:

How Not To Take Responsibility For Anything In 3 Easy Steps  - by The Federal Reserve.

Secretlee

rrumbaugh's picture
rrumbaugh

Yeah, I watched this last night in utter amazement...

Makes me want to puke.

CB's picture
CB

The woman is clearly a patsy - a low level beauracrat totally out of her league doing the bidding of her masters. This is the face of "regulation" as far as the FED is concerned.

I would urge people to watch this video if they haven't already:

http://www.deepcapture.com/naked-short-selling-redefining-systemic-risk/

to see how "capitalism" actually operates - a game rigged to skim capital from society at large. I am completely cynical about any attempts to "reform" the game - complete functional failure or revolution are the only exits I can envision. When the curtain was in danger of being pulled back to reveal the systemic corruption and rotteness last fall we saw the frantic efforts to drag it back in place - threats of marshal law if the truth was revealed - "the people can't handle it". The truth is the corrupt system can't handle even the illumination of a flashlight - let alone the full light of day or indeed people would be in the streets.

Perhaps the current rash of insider selling is a sign the rats are trying to abandon the Titanic while the band is still playing...

becky's picture
becky

Has anyone else had trouble getting sound on the video?  All I get is this weird humming noise.  (no, it's not in my head        ) I clicked on a few other YouTube links and sound worked just fine on those. 

BTW, Secretlee, that's a great metaphor!

becky

Secretlee's picture
Secretlee

Hi Becky,

I got sound fine on that one.. its a bit of a mystery to me. Maybe someone could somehow email it to you, the sound might work better then?

*blush* thanks for the compliment, but I must admit thats its an oldie but a goodie.. Right up there with Chemistry Stinks and Physics doesnt work!

Good luck with the sound... though if you do manage to hear it.. you might wish you didnt!

Secretlee ;-))

becky's picture
becky

Thanks Secretlee.  I'm going to try again later.  And, yes, I'm kinda reluctant to listen to it.  My capacity to not be shocked and horrified is pretty high these days, but  the comments on this thread make me think that I'd better have some antacid handy!

becky

Ken C's picture
Ken C

I just watched the video and I found myself laughing out loud at how incompetent the IG office seems to be. All of this ineptness and ignorance must be on purpose. I can't believe that someone in that position could know so little.

Ken

strabes's picture
strabes
CB wrote:

to see how "capitalism" actually operates

Well it's not exactly capitalism.  Since 1913 we've had relatively free market dynamics at the microeconomic level, but it's all controlled by and under a financial cartel (the macro level) that's become increasingly tied to DC regulators to the point where they basically run DC now and they rigged the system for the last 20-30 years to strip the productive economy of its value via things like derivatives and the naked short selling your article describes...both are things that have been illegal in better times or weren't even possible because there was no cartel of gamblers with power over the entire economy to place such bets.  A truer form of capitalism involves free individuals and free organizations engaging in commerce freely with smaller banks based on relationships...that's what we saw in the 19th century.  That's not the case with Wall St lording over the entire corporate world (big business) and banking world (which controls big and small business and individuals). 

r101958's picture
r101958

supposed ineptness = obfuscation

CB's picture
CB

Strabes, I put capitalism in quotes for that reason - just like our "free markets"...

Secretlee's picture
Secretlee

*tosses becky two packets of quickeze, 3 packets of mylanta and sack full of zantac...*

Rob Z's picture
Rob Z

The entire article can be found at Salon.com with a lot more information:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/

This link should come up on "Glenn Greenwald" page - scroll down to the article and video. The title is -

What "oversight" means in Washington

Yesterday, the Fed's Inspector General, Elizabeth Coleman, appeared before the House Financial Services Committee and was questioned by Rep. Grayson about her office's oversight duties.  Just watch this five-minute question-and-answer session to get a sense for the true breadth of decay and corruption in our political and financial classes and for what a sorry joke the concept of "oversight" is in Washington.

This is really hard to watch. I can't believe this is happening. How do people like this find their way into critical positions?

Rob Z's picture
Rob Z

Here is more babble and double-speak:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/radio/2009/01/26/grayson/

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

ok  i will bite

yes someone is watching the store and it is being run very well ........................get it yet?

if not watch an idea whose time has come on another thread

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments