And the Swine Flu won't go away

Millions of Brits could be infected.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/?source=refresh

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Re: And the Swine Flu won't go away

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=14869

The vaccines are far more deadly than the swine flu

The vaccines are far more deadly than the swine flu. Mass vaccinations is a recipe for disaster Dr. Mae-Wan Ho and Prof. Joe Cummins

This report has been submitted to Sir Liam Donaldson, Chief Medical Officer of the UK, and to the US Food and Drugs Administration

A swine flu outbreak occurred in Mexico and the United States in April 2009 and spread rapidly around the world by human-to human transmission. The new type A H1N1 influenza virus is unlike any that had been previously isolated [1, 2], judging from the first data released in May.

It is a messy combination of sequences from bird, human and swine flu virus lineages from North America and Eurasia. A senior virologist based in Canberra, Australia, told the press he thought that the virus could have been created in a laboratory and released by accident [3]. Some analysts even suggest, without corroborating evidence, that it was made intentionally as a bioweapon [4], while others blame the intensive livestock industry and extensive trafficking of love animals over long distances, which provide plenty of opportunity for generating exotic recombinants [5].

But what worries the public most is the mass vaccination programmes governments are putting in place to combat the emerging pandemic, which could well be worse than the pandemic itself.

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

Just earlier this week we had a 48 y/o woman come in for repiratory problems. She came into the ER at 2am and was dead by 7pm. The flight crew was unable to transport her out because she became to unstable. This is a small rural hospital in the 4 corners area where the haunta virus originated. Her blood culture came back as positive for the swine flu. There's nothing you can do when the body isn't producing enough albumin. Her lungs were filled with blood. She was on steroids for asthma. We are acutely aware of the vulnerability of asmatic patients to the swine flu since our oldest boy is asmatic

My wife told me this week that 3 people died recently in the neighborhood where she grew up in Rio de Janeiro. Victims of swine flu.

Davos's picture
Davos

I've been reading up on why the flu is a northern southern hemisphere thing and vitamen D.

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Swine flu contingency plans

We've developed our swine flu contingency plans, and now I'm just watching the SF thing from the sidelines:

1. A kit of supplements and herbs to boost resistance and comat active influenza.
  2. Enough supplies, of all kinds, to avoid public places for several months.
  3. Bug out equipment and supplies at the ready in the event of forced mass vaccination.

. . . though I doubt that much will come of this . . . unless of course, we natives get restless, and it's necessary to terrify us into staying off the streets and tolerating martial law. . .

Davos's picture
Davos

New Zealand is looking prettier each and every day

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo

Safety of Vaccine for young girls questioned.

http://www.consumerwarningnetwork.com/2009/08/20/safety-of-vaccine-for-y...

VeganDB12's picture
VeganDB12
Re: And the Swine Flu won't go away-Vit D

The Flu Wiki forum has a thread on the vitamin D issue by Dr Grattan. Woodson, who I believe is a primary care doctor. 

http://www.newfluwiki2.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=3530.-

they have cited this link as having good info on vitamin D but be forewarned it is very pro Vit D. I myself take 4000 IU a day.

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/aboutUs.shtml

Denise

VeganDB12's picture
VeganDB12

Investorrzo

I can't find the story on millions could be infected.  Do you think they pulled it or do you have a more direct link?

Thanks much as always

Denise

Davos's picture
Davos

Thank you Denise. I have a friend who is a total health food nut. She turned me onto the Vitamen D thing when I questioned or mentioned why it was the flu was a winter thing. I thought it had to do with the dryer air and spreading. The sunlight to viatamen D now has me wondering. I'll read the links now and I appreciate them. Take care

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Denise wrote:

Investorrzo

I can't find the story on millions could be infected.  Do you think they pulled it or do you have a more direct link?

Thanks much as always

Denise

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/swine-flu/5509851/Millions-of-Brits-co...

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Vaccine? . . . Ah, no, thanks . . .

Looks like I've got company in the "No thanks" to the vaccine camp:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/Swine_flu/article6799297.ece

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

C1   , 

There is a young pregnant woman  that I know  her whole family  got the swine flu .   She was instructed not to take any meds  but ended up with the pneumonia and so  then had to take antibiotic .   Is there any natural way to help combat this or do we just Ride It Out ?     The stuff is getting rather close to home .

Praise ,   She did not have to be hospitalized and seems to be in recovery !

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
My Arsenal
Full Moon wrote:

C1   , 

There is a young pregnant woman  that I know  her whole family  got the swine flu .   She was instructed not to take any meds  but ended up with the pneumonia and so  then had to take antibiotic .   Is there any natural way to help combat this or do we just Ride It Out ?     The stuff is getting rather close to home .

Praise ,   She did not have to be hospitalized and seems to be in recovery !

Hi, Full Moon;

Of course, there's no way to be sure of any method of combatting swine flu (including vaccines), as we have little experience with it.  Here's what I've got on hand, just in case:

• Supplies so that we can remain out of public places for several months.  This is the best preventative, in the event of a massive lethal epidemic, or in the event of forced vaccination.
  • Colloidal silver -- I haven't tried this, but I have heard some pretty good things about it from people with chronic immune problems, and chronic infections, such as lyme disease.  I don't recall offhand if this is available to the public, generally, or only through licensed professionals.
  • Immunfactor 4 (Researched Nutritionals) -- I haven't used this specific product.    It is one of a series of products from this manufacturer that are designed to trigger the immune system to develop resistance to the target pathogens.  I have used one of the products in the series, with excellent results.  The Immunfactor 4 is targeted toward influenza (and a couple of other similar pathogens), so I have some of this on hand.  This can only be obtained through a licensed professional. 
  • I also have zinc and vitamins A & D on hand.
  • I will be putting up elderberry juice this week.  I have echinacea, astralagus, licorice, goldenseal, myrrh gum, licorice root, hawthorn berries, and red root on hand to beef up the immune system.  Of course, you know, from experience, that you're unlikely to get the men to drink my concoction for infection unless they're pretty miserable, Tongue out
  • I also have a stash of specific and broad spectrum antibiotics on hand, as a last resort, in the event of a severe secondary bacterial infection (so we don't have to sit in the doctor's office with other sick folks).

Of course the best preventative is keeping yourself well rested, well nourished, and within a reasonably healthy weight range.  I'm guessing that your family has better than average immune defenses because you're eating a well-balanced diet, and your lifestyle is relatively toxin-free.  However, if you've got anybody in the family that you think is at risk, or you think that the risk of exposure is very high, you might consider using some of the nutritional supplements that will boost your immune system, or that are antibiotics in their own right. 

Hope this helps.

C1oudfire

bklement's picture
bklement

Colloidal silver is available to general public.  GNC carries it.

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79
Swine virus more directly lethal than seasonal flu: scientist
Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Inappropriate Extrapolation
xraymike79 wrote:
Swine virus more directly lethal than seasonal flu: scientist

Flahault cautioned that these are only "preliminary and rough estimates," and acknowledged that his findings -- based on a limited number of cases on two isolated islands -- may not extend to much larger, continental countries.

"But we have a terrible lack of data," he said.

VeganDB12's picture
VeganDB12
Massachusetts Act re: quarantines and penalties

I am no attorney so I am not sure of the upshot here, but it seems to outlaw non-compliance with quarantine and assess fines and jail penalties for refusing mandatory quarantine, etc...Also protects HCW and others from litigation I think.

There are worse things than swine flu, as a health professional I do not see the applicability of this law to this pandemic as it is widespread, quarantine seems pretty useless at this point.  If we got an Ebola outbreak (90 plus percent CFR?)  that might be a different story. But we don't have an Ebola outbreak.

I think this got passed this week.

http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/senate/186/st02pdf/st02028.pdf

link to Massachusetts local news video regarding bill

http://cryptogon.com/?p=10548

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo

Swine Flu Could Infect Half of U.S.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/24/AR200908...

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
The H1N1 Swine Flu Pandemic: Manipulating the Data to Justify a Worldwide Public Health Emergency
http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=14901
xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

WHO warns of severe form of swine flu

By Maggie Fox, Health and Science Editor Maggie Fox, Health And Science Editor Fri Aug 28, 1:36 pm ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Doctors are reporting a severe form of swine flu that goes straight to the lungs, causing severe illness in otherwise healthy young people and requiring expensive hospital treatment, the World Health Organization said on Friday.

Some countries are reporting that as many as 15 percent of patients infected with the new H1N1 pandemic virus need hospital care, further straining already overburdened healthcare systems, WHO said in an update on the pandemic.

"During the winter season in the southern hemisphere, several countries have viewed the need for intensive care as the greatest burden on health services," it said.

"Preparedness measures need to anticipate this increased demand on intensive care units, which could be overwhelmed by a sudden surge in the number of severe cases."

Earlier, WHO reported that H1N1 had reached epidemic levels in Japan, signaling an early start to what may be a long influenza season this year, and that it was also worsening in tropical regions.

"Perhaps most significantly, clinicians from around the world are reporting a very severe form of disease, also in young and otherwise healthy people, which is rarely seen during seasonal influenza infections," WHO said.

"In these patients, the virus directly infects the lung, causing severe respiratory failure. Saving these lives depends on highly specialized and demanding care in intensive care units, usually with long and costly stays."

MINORITIES AT RISK

Minority groups and indigenous populations may also have a higher risk of being severely ill with H1N1.

"In some studies, the risk in these groups is four to five times higher than in the general population," WHO said.

"Although the reasons are not fully understood, possible explanations include lower standards of living and poor overall health status, including a high prevalence of conditions such as asthma, diabetes and hypertension."

WHO said it was advising countries in the Northern Hemisphere to prepare for a second wave of pandemic spread. "Countries with tropical climates, where the pandemic virus arrived later than elsewhere, also need to prepare for an increasing number of cases," it said.

Every year, seasonal flu infects between 5 percent and 20 percent of a given population and kills between 250,000 and 500,000 people globally. Because hardly anyone has immunity to the new H1N1 virus, experts believe it will infect far more people than usual, as much as a third of the population.

It also disproportionately affects younger people, unlike seasonal flu which mainly burdens the elderly, and thus may cause more severe illness and deaths among young adults and children than seasonal flu does.

"Data continue to show that certain medical conditions increase the risk of severe and fatal illness. These include respiratory disease, notably asthma, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and immunosuppression," WHO said.

"When anticipating the impact of the pandemic as more people become infected, health officials need to be aware that many of these predisposing conditions have become much more widespread in recent decades, thus increasing the pool of vulnerable people."

WHO estimates that more than 230 million people globally have asthma, and more than 220 million have diabetes. Obesity may also worsen the risk of severe infection, WHO said.

The good news -- people infected with AIDS virus do not seem to be at special risk from H1N1, WHO said.

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Flu vaccine related deaths in Poland?

More of the same . . . deaths possibly caused by "bird flu" vaccine in Poland.  Test subjects not given full disclosure prior to administration of untested vaccine:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/2235676/Homeless-people-die-after-bird-flu-vaccine-trial-in-Poland.html

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

C1oudfire,

Thanks for staying on top of this issue.  I keep reading that the dangers of the vaccine is greater than the danger of the flu.  It is too bad we can't trust the corporate media and government to give us straight answers.

Larry

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
How about some Solutions?

Hi, folks;

Well, there's plenty of posts about why we should be concerned about the vaccine . . . That one's a done deal as far as I'm concerned . . . They'll have to hit me with a poisoned dart, and drag me out of my house by my feet before they get me to submit to a vaccine . . . And then, I'll probably cut my arm off like the natives in Apocalypse Now, when I wake up  . . . . Undecided

So, of course, on the off chance that something really does come of this panicdemic, I've been developing an "influenza kit" to keep my family safe.  One of the items is elderberry juice and/or elderberry syrup.  Here is an excellent summary (from my new favorite emergency prep/homesteading blog) of the use of elderberry for prevention and treatment of influenza:  http://purecajunsunshine.blogspot.com/2009/05/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know.html.  It seems that elderberry has a long, tested track record (unlike the vaccine) for the treatment and prevention of influenza . . . even the dreaded avian flu.  And, for those of you (like me) who are wary of Tamiflu and the like, the good news is that elderberries are just becoming ripe right now, in northern Illinois.  They are as common as weeds, and easy to harvest.  If you haven't time to put up syrup right now, you can freeze them, and do the processing later.  When you go foraging, remember that elderberries like forest edges and rather moist, if not quite boggy, ground.  Here's what the shrub looks like in flower, although usually they're more assymetrical, because they lean out toward the light from forest edges:

In the spring, the flowers are easy to spot . . . so you can take note, and return in late August for berry picking.  Here's a closeup of the fruit and leaves:

Remember that uncooked elderberry juice is moderately poisonous, so no munching in the field, kids . . .

There are a number of elderberry syrup recipes online (including one in the link, above).  Some contain alcohol, and others do not.  I plan on making some syrup with alcohol, as it keeps on the shelf (no refrigeration) that way.  Also, a touch of alcohol is useful for a cough, in the event that you are using the syrup in higher doses for an active case of the flu. 

That's it . . . Back to the kitchen with me, now . . .

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=14974

Historical facts about the dangers (and failures) of vaccines
Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Re: How about some Solutions?
C1oudfire wrote:

Hi, folks;

Well, there's plenty of posts about why we should be concerned about the vaccine . . . That one's a done deal as far as I'm concerned . . . They'll have to hit me with a poisoned dart, and drag me out of my house by my feet before they get me to submit to a vaccine . . . And then, I'll probably cut my arm off like the natives in Apocalypse Now, when I wake up  . . . . Undecided

So, of course, on the off chance that something really does come of this panicdemic, I've been developing an "influenza kit" to keep my family safe.  One of the items is elderberry juice and/or elderberry syrup.  Here is an excellent summary (from my new favorite emergency prep/homesteading blog) of the use of elderberry for prevention and treatment of influenza:  http://purecajunsunshine.blogspot.com/2009/05/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know.html.  It seems that elderberry has a long, tested track record (unlike the vaccine) for the treatment and prevention of influenza . . . even the dreaded avian flu.  And, for those of you (like me) who are wary of Tamiflu and the like, the good news is that elderberries are just becoming ripe right now, in northern Illinois.  They are as common as weeds, and easy to harvest.  If you haven't time to put up syrup right now, you can freeze them, and do the processing later.  When you go foraging, remember that elderberries like forest edges and rather moist, if not quite boggy, ground.  Here's what the shrub looks like in flower, although usually they're more assymetrical, because they lean out toward the light from forest edges:

In the spring, the flowers are easy to spot . . . so you can take note, and return in late August for berry picking.  Here's a closeup of the fruit and leaves:

Remember that uncooked elderberry juice is moderately poisonous, so no munching in the field, kids . . .

There are a number of elderberry syrup recipes online (including one in the link, above).  Some contain alcohol, and others do not.  I plan on making some syrup with alcohol, as it keeps on the shelf (no refrigeration) that way.  Also, a touch of alcohol is useful for a cough, in the event that you are using the syrup in higher doses for an active case of the flu. 

That's it . . . Back to the kitchen with me, now . . .

Medical research has documented that elderberry (Sambucus) will decrease the duration and severity of the flu (J Int Med Res. 2004 Mar-Apr;32(2):132-40).

And, here's a link to a reliable source of elderberry syrup:  http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/extract/syrups.html.

Juvysen's picture
Juvysen

I have to assume that someone has mentioned the new swine flu vaccine law in Massachusettes?  Maybe I just missed it. 

I sorta fell out of step with this forum for a while.

Also, I'm pregnant - due in March... woo hoo, pregnant right through flu season.  I'm usually not a fan of hand sanitizer, but considering how often I was sick last time, I'm going for it this time.  Also, cod liver oil is supposedly good for warding off flu (and other bugs)... there's a reason our grandmothers were forced to take it.  Luckily now it's flavored and doesn't taste bad :)  My kids actually like taking it.  I still have to look into whether it's ok to take while pregnant, but  something for people to look into :D

JRB's picture
JRB
Re: How about some Solutions?

Makes great jelly and syrup.  Better than grape jelly IMHO.  Pancakes with elderberry syrup is heavenly.

Do not confuse with Pokeweed though.  Also ripening about this time of year.  Poke grows on succulent stem, while elderberry is a bush.

- Jim

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Juvysen wrote:

I have to assume that someone has mentioned the new swine flu vaccine law in Massachusettes?  Maybe I just missed it. 

I sorta fell out of step with this forum for a while.

Also, I'm pregnant - due in March... woo hoo, pregnant right through flu season.  I'm usually not a fan of hand sanitizer, but considering how often I was sick last time, I'm going for it this time.  Also, cod liver oil is supposedly good for warding off flu (and other bugs)... there's a reason our grandmothers were forced to take it.  Luckily now it's flavored and doesn't taste bad :)  My kids actually like taking it.  I still have to look into whether it's ok to take while pregnant, but  something for people to look into :D

Hi, Juvysen;

First, congratulations!  Secondly, I need to tell you that elderberry might be risky for you this fall . . . it has been associated with spontaneous abortion with frequent and/or large doses . . . In fact, some herbalists don't like pregnant ladies to take any herbal preparation during pregnancy. 

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo

Forced Vaccinations in Massachusetts

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=15003

gyrogearloose's picture
gyrogearloose

Swine flu faded away.....

Here in New Zealand, we were hit as early as many countries with first cases.

It was in the news all the time, and nicely in time for our winter flu season.

17 people died ( population about 4 million ), and most of them had underlying health problems.

It has prety much faded  from the news nowdays.

Brings to mind Senator Dr Ron Pauls'  youtube vid near the start of swine flue, in which he reaclls the swine flue panic in his first  term ( in the 70's ?? )

0 deaths from the flue, 25 deaths from vacinnation side effects.......

He was one of only 2 votes against the vaccination programm, and he is a doctor ( of the medical kind.... )

Cheers Hamish

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments