America's Impending Master Class Dictatorship...Brilliant summary of the USA today

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
locklimitdown's picture
locklimitdown
America's Impending Master Class Dictatorship...Brilliant summary of the USA today

Stewart Dougherty has brought it all together in one of the most exceptional commentarys I have seen to date.

A few snippets here but the entire artical is a MUST READ.

"Putting Fiscal Year 2009’s $9,000,000,000,000.00 ($9 trillion) deficit another way, 17% of America’s private wealth, accumulated over a period of 235 years, was wiped out by just one year’s worth of government deficit spending insanity..."

"

Recent American events paint an ominous picture of a Master Class that is now in total control.

When 90% of the American people vehemently rejected the $700,000,000,000.00 ($700 billion) TARP bailout plan, the Master Class put it on a fast track and approved it anyway.

When a clear majority of the American people said no to a government takeover of Chrysler and GM, the Master Class poured billions of taxpayer dollars into those corporate sinkholes and took them over anyway.

When the people said no to multi-trillion dollar crony bailouts for the bankers and insurers whose corruption had caused global financial mayhem, the government pledged to those elite insiders more than $13,000,000,000,000.00 ($13 trillion) of the people’s money anyway.

When the people expressed astonishment and anger that Wall Street planned to pay itself record 2009 bonuses, in the midst of America’s worst-ever fiscal and financial crisis caused by them, Wall Street stuffed its pockets with taxpayer-supported bonus money anyway.

When the people said no to a proposed $40,000,000,000.00 ($40 billion) bailout of AIG and its elite trading partners such as Goldman Sachs (an amount that subsequently exploded to $180,000,000,000.00+ ($180+ billion)), the Master Class went underground, covertly misappropriated taxpayer money and made the payoffs anyway.

When Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were nationalized at enormous taxpayer expense, the government approved $6,000,000.00 individual pay packages in 2009 (150 times the average American wage) for the CEOs of both failed companies anyway.

When a clear majority of the people said no to nationalized health care, even after being bombarded by a multi-million dollar, lie-drenched propaganda campaign designed to bamboozle them, the House and Senate passed nationalized health care bills anyway.

When more than seven million American workers lost their jobs and were subsisting on unemployment benefits and food stamps, federal government employees, who now earn DOUBLE what private sector workers earn, were given another round of pay and benefits increases anyway.

When private sector workers’ 401Ks and IRA retirement plans plummeted in value due to economic collapse and endemic Wall Street-orchestrated market corruption (including systemic front running, flash trading, naked short selling and other manipulations), government “defined benefit,” lifetime-cost-of-living-adjusted pension plans, despite already being underfunded by $2,000,000,000,000.00 ($2 trillion), were made richer than ever anyway.

The long, shameful litany of events signaling the total divorce between the Master Class and the people of the United States doesn’t stop there. It goes on and on.

The message from the American Master Class to the American people is simple and clear:

We Defy You."....more

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/2010/0122.html

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown
Re: America's Impending Master Class ...

Damn good read.  Thanks, LLD.

Sam's picture
Sam

Nice. Thank you. Just a note though, if you go around saying these things people start to avoid you....er.. believe me, I speak from experience.

Brandon's picture
Brandon

A great read for sure!  I would add, however, that I would like to see citations for where the numbers ("clear majority", "most", etc.) came from.  Along those lines, I did find some interesting poll numbers on health care here:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/living/US/healthcare031020_poll.html

Polls are often bunk, of course...but again, at least having sources cited allows me to decide for myself.

SAM:  Too true. Having these types of opinions can definitely make people uncomfortable.  Or, very emotionally combative...either way, they don't really want to be around you!

Take care,

-Brandon

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

What I can't comprehend is, if it is true that "When a clear majority of the American people said no", why is there no revolution yet...?

Mike

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus

WOW! I just read this yesterday. 

It's from a KITCO columnist. Which is what shocked the Bejesus out of my fiancee and I. A KITCO columnist. 

Financial sense picked it up? Cool. Glad to see that it's getting exposure. 

docmims's picture
docmims

This was what Massachussets was about.  Not just healthcare.  Actually people are not turning away from me anymore when I start my corporate/bank oligarchy talks.  Matrix, i am hopeful that the revolution will be peaceful at the ballot box.  The over reach is so blatant it can't be missed and the dollar is toast.

V's picture
V

Sorry I have been out of touch.

Just what exactly are we having a problem with?

V

ckessel's picture
ckessel
Damnthematrix wrote:

What I can't comprehend is, if it is true that "When a clear majority of the American people said no", why is there no revolution yet...?

Mike

DTM,

IMHO it is because the generations that range in age from 20 to 40 are way too busy with video games and media. Few are  thinking for themselves. The older ones believe that America will simply carry on business as usual after we get over this blip in the road.......after all.....it always has.

Americans alive today have simply grown lazy consuming 25% of the worlds energy and assuming it will always be that way. Change is good and it is coming. A few of us are trying to get the word out and create a community of like minded folks. We'll see how we do.  At some point we could see revolution but spoiled people usually just throw tantrums and lack the wherewithall to actually create revolution.

Personally I would like to see a quiet revolution involving non patronage of international corporations followed but a debt revolt as you have mentioned in the past.

PS I liked the photos of your new kids you posted last fall. I have eight new ones myself but have not started any milking chores as yet.

Cheers

Coop

nickbert's picture
nickbert
ckessel wrote:
Damnthematrix wrote:

DTM,

IMHO it is because the generations that range in age from 20 to 40 are way too busy with video games and media. Few are  thinking for themselves.

Hey, we're getting to the revolution!  It's just that there's a couple of difficult levels in Halo 3 that we need to finish first Laughing

Seriously though, it's not that simple (I wish it was).  Sure there's a lot of us distracted and stuck in our own little world, but no more so than older generations... it's simply that the types of distractions are a little different. Think of the groundswell of support that Obama got from younger voters on a promise of real change and fixing the system.  Now one can sure make an argument that those who did were suckered big time (my assessment anyway), but regardless it shows there is motivation and drive there.  The same could be said of Ron Paul's large support among young voters. 

From my own perspective, I'd say a big problem is that Gen X and Gen Y have minimal wealth and influence compared to the older generations.  This should be normal to some extent, but it seems far more extreme than it really should be.  Perhaps the growing concentration of wealth has a lot to do with it; most of the money is likely accumulating in the hands of older generations who already worked their way into positions that influence Wall Street and the government.  How many of us in the 20-40 range are the politicians, business owners, CEO's, or local leaders that have a say in how things are done?  I'm in my 30's myself and have a respectable job and income (for now...), yet still that doesn't seem to count for much.  Most often the message I get boils down to polite (or occasionally mocking) dismissal on grounds of age and experience.  Some people do acquire a lot of wisdom with age; others, however, seem to have not been paying enough attention throughout life and try to dazzle and bluff with BS instead Wink

Personally I worry less about younger generations not paying attention and more about disenfranchisement leading us into either giving up and developing nihilistic or hedonistic behaviors, or resorting to violent and/or criminal acts towards the ones they perceive to be in charge of the world around them.  I'm hoping there will be enough positive examples to show a better path in the days to come, because if we get the other outcome I'm sure that would be used to fuel the fire of generational and class warfare.

- Nickbert

Tycer's picture
Tycer

www.goooh.com

It could work.

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts

The Misesian Vision

"What scares people more today is the prospect of a society without a plan, which is to say a society of freedom. But here is the key difference between authority in everyday life – such as that exercised by a parent or a teacher or a pastor or a boss – and the power of the state: the state's edicts are always and everywhere enforced at the point of a gun.

It is interesting how little we think about that reality – one virtually never hears that truth stated so plainly in a college classroom, for example – but it is the core reality. Everything done by the state is ultimately done by means of aggression, which is to say violence or the threat of violence against the innocent. The total state is really nothing but the continued extension of these statist means throughout every nook and cranny of economic and social life. Thus does the paranoia, megalomania, and fanaticism of the rulers become deadly dangerous to everyone."

"The left warns us that if we don't have leviathan, our front yards will be flooded from rising oceans, big business moguls will rob us blind, the poor will starve, the masses will be ignorant, and everything we buy will blow up and kill us. The right warns that in the absence of leviathan society will collapse in cesspools of immorality lorded over by swarthy terrorists preaching a heretical religion.

The goal of both the left and right is that we make our political choices based on these fears. It doesn't matter so much which package of fear you choose; what matters is that you support a state that purports to keep your nightmare from becoming a reality."

http://www.24hgold.com/english/contributor.aspx?article=2618593428G10020...

JAG's picture
JAG

There are a few things that I find disturbing about this article:

The prefacing paragraph which extolls the virtues of owning physical gold almost made me quit reading right there. If the price of gold had been in a bear market instead of a bull market for the last decade, I wonder how many goldbugs would believe that gold is the holy grail for all economic woes. To me, its analogous to saying in 1999 that everyone should own an internet stock to protect themselves from the ramifications of Y2K. 

When I see such elaborate reasoning used to justify the purchase of a financial asset, it just screams bubble to me. You could have made the same US-bankruptcy argument anytime in the last 20 years. Sure the numbers have increased dramatically over the years, but at any given point, they would have seen just as incredible, relative to that point in time, as they do now. 

I guess I just don't see how gold is any different from any other investment vehicle. The primary reason why the bull market in gold remains when all other asset classes are in a bear market, is because of its insignificant allocation in the average diversified portfolio.  If it was not for its favorable price action, I would not currently own it. But articles like this, make me want to sell, sell, sell.

V's picture
V

It is my understanding that the R word or the promotion of R is off limits here.

Of course I am open to being corrected.

For those who would care to take a stroll down memory lane or who are 

too young to remember a time in American history when the R word was everywhere,

I suggest you google Gil Scott Heron's lyrics to the " Revolution will not be televised"

It is funny how though things seem to change they really just stay the same.

BTW Heron's new cd (first in over 13 years) will be out in a month or two. It is already receiving critical praise.

For those not familiar with him he is the Grandfather of rap and hip hop. He is a genius 

unfortunately addicted to coke.

V

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts

Shadowstats John Williams interview,

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2009/12/4_John_...

strabes's picture
strabes

I've been away from CM for over a month.  But I happen to know this author, not very well, and thought I'd jump on to see if it was posted here.  Sure enough.  Excellent.

JAG, the point of the article isn't to find a trading opportunity.  It's about the end of the republic thanks to the financial empire (or vampire, same thing) eating it alive and the group of sick overachievers serving that system. He recommends gold primarily not because it will make paper profits but because he thinks it may be the only thing that provides some modicum of freedom as the parasite kills the host.  But even if you prefer to ignore the gold recommendation, as I am doing for now, the article should be a powerful wakeup call to the millions of people who remain asleep.  Everybody on CM talks about how frustrated they are because their family and friends think they're nuts and won't wakeup.  Well try forwarding this article.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Damnthematrix wrote:

Mike, I have asked myself that question many times and I suspect it is because people just don't get it yet.  Sure, they complain about the inept idiots running the country and they know lobbyists are the politicians true constituents but they don't see the bigger picture.   

One stark and sobering way to frame the crisis is this: if the United States government were to nationalize (in other words, steal) every penny of private wealth accumulated by America’s citizens since the nation’s founding 235 years ago, the government would remain totally bankrupt.  - complete article link

Most who took the Crash Course understand that exponential growth of debt cannot be sustained in our debt based system.  We clearly see the end coming but yet; inexplicably, no politicians and few economists will honestly trek into our inevitable default and bankruptcy.  If we understand the mathematical folly of this debt based system, we have to wonder if it has all been intentionally orchestrated.

If one reads the history of the Bank of England and the international banking cartel, it becomes quite obvious that this same scheme has been played over and over; bankrupting nations in a web of debt.  In the past, it was mostly third world countries but now we are the prey.

...the Office of Management and Budget reports in its long-term, inter-generational budget projection that the United States government will experience massive, non-stop deficits for the next 70 (SEVENTY) years, requiring the issuance of tens of trillions of dollars of additional debt. The OMB does not project even one year of surplus during the entire seventy year budget period.  - complete article link

We have almost $15 trillion in our money supply (M3) and around $57 trillion in public and private debt which means we are around $42 trillion short - where will this money come from?  There is only one way for new money to be created and issued into circulation and that is through additional debt.  We will have to borrow that money and endure the subsequent interest charges in a perpetual loop that can only get bigger.  To play the game is to lose.

When government “representatives” deliberately sell into slavery the citizens of a so-called free Republic, they have committed treason against those people. This is exactly what has happened in the United States: the citizens have been sold into debt slavery that they and their descendants can never escape, because the debts piled onto their backs can never, ever be paid...The people no longer have elected representatives; they have elected traitors.

The enslavement of the American people has been orchestrated by a pernicious Master Class that has taken the United States by the throat. This Master Class is now choking the nation to death as it accelerates its master plan to plunder the people’s dwindling remaining assets. The Master Class comprises politicians, the Wall Street money elite, the Federal Reserve, high-end government (including military) officials, government lobbyists and their paymasters, military suppliers and media oligarchs.

History has proven to tyrants that oppression works. In fact, it is easy to control a populace, once you control the money, markets, military (including police), media and minions (the recipients of welfare, social security, free health care, government jobs and the like, who are dependent upon the state and likely to be compliant). This is exactly where the United States is today.  - complete article link.

Add the ruling organizations such as the CFR, Trilaterals, UN, IMF, BIS, Chatam House, WTO, WHO, CIA, MI5(6) and the Mossad and you have the framework for their international plan, the NWO.  Unfortunately, most in the west cannot allow themselves to see that we have been bamboozled by a debt money system that is a weapon of mass destruction.

When and if people come to realize that our money system is inherently designed for our destruction then there will be a mass awakening and a demand to end the financial tyranny.  If a viable third party is to rise up in America, it will be a monetary reform party first and foremost.  

Larry    

idoctor's picture
idoctor

Listening to Steven Keen his thoughts seemed to me to be we are in or headed into a world wide depression. He believes we will see deflation so some cash will be good. One student asked him what he thought of Gold as an investment & he replies that Gold is a bet that man can not manage himself and things are falling apart. If that is the case you will need lead more than Gold. On what I want to keep in the physical form beyond my dwellings & land is 25% split four ways between Cash, Gold, Guns & ammo.

Interesting read that makes a lot of great points. I kind of took it like this guy is trying to sell people on PM. Nothing wrong with that but I still will not go overboard on it.

Keen talks about Gold at the 21:00 minute into the lower of the two videos.

http://www.debtdeflation.com/blogs/2010/01/22/google-lower-bandwidth-version/

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd
Damnthematrix wrote:

Mike

Mike, when you consider that the American Revolutionary War started in 1775, but the roots of the revolution date back to as early as 1761, one can see that the revolutionary process takes time. I think (hope) we are getting to the point of a new (bloodless) revolution, but I certainly find the slow process frustrating.

And, while "a majority of the American people" may so "no" to any particular issue, that obviously cannot be construed as meaning that they all agree on a given course of action toward reform or revolution. As I suspect you have seen with friends and family in Australia, the Crash Course concepts are frequently misunderstood or dismissed by many. The same is true with politics. Many (probably still most) Americans may not like a given policy decision (bailouts, etc.), but that does not mean that they are truly "awake" to the need for radical change.

JAG's picture
JAG
strabes wrote:

I've been away from CM for over a month.  But I happen to know this author, not very well, and thought I'd jump on to see if it was posted here.  Sure enough.  Excellent.

Good to see you back buddy.

Nacci's picture
Nacci

I like how this article, unlike all others, refers to the Worlds Reserve Currency as the "Federal Reserve Note".  This is how it should be and I would like to see this specificity adopted within this Forum.

drbubb's picture
drbubb
ckessel wrote:

Americans alive today have simply grown lazy consuming 25% of the worlds energy and assuming it will always be that way. Change is good and it is coming. A few of us are trying to get the word out and create a community of like minded folks. We'll see how we do.  At some point we could see revolution but spoiled people usually just throw tantrums and lack the wherewithall to actually create revolution.

I live in Hong Kong.  And I can tell you this:

Americans are going to soon see "their lunch and dinner eaten" by the savings countries in the East.  Next time oil prices take off, they are going to jump and keep going, because the US dollar is going to be falling. That will put Dollar oil prices into the stratosphere.  I expect $400 a barrel, and more than $10 per gallon for gasoline.

Everyone tells me that it is "political suicide" for a US politician to talk about imposing a higher tax on gasoline or imported oil.  All those suburban voters will not have it.  They want nothing to threaten their wasteful suburban living arrangement.  So if the change can not be brought about through intelligent actions, anticipating the changes that are needed.  Then the blow is going to have to be delivered by the market, in higher, much higher oil prices.

People will scream and complain and ask the government to help.  But they have been blind, in denial of an obvious truth of limited oil resources.  The hard and painful blow will be the wake-up call that they should have been heeding years ago.

For those who are aware, there is still time to prepare, and begin to change your lives before this INEVITABLE SHOCK of much higher dollar oil prices arrives. I wonder how many will heed the warning?

WHY DO I SAY THIS?

Sitting in HK, I can see that China wants oil too.

13 million cars were sold in China in 2009.  That is more than were sold in the US.  Over time, as China buys more new cars from one year to the next, Chinese oil demand will grow and grow.  Guess what: they have $2.5 Trillion in FX reserves, including about half of that being denominated in US dollars.  By contrast, the US has monumental debts, and is reliant upon "the kindness of strangers."  So China has the economic resources to buy the oil it needs.  And if the dollar falls against the Chinese Rmb, the  China will just have a more powerful claim on the oil it wants.  And US oil consumers will struggle to find more dollars to pay higher prices.

The shortsightedness of American oil consumers, and the lack of courage amongst US polticians has put the country into this bind, a dangerous oil addiction.  I big price will be paid before a balance is restored.

docmims's picture
docmims
Damnthematrix wrote:

Mike

Umm... Well...Hmmm.... We are waiting for the Australians to take a lead on this.....Yep ... that's the ticket..... :)

ao's picture
ao

ROTFLMAO!

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts

"MF: My view on gold hasn't changed. It's been the same since I bought my first gold nuggets in 1979; that's more than 30 years now. It is simply a safe haven. It's an insurance policy. You can speculate in gold if you so choose, but it is a horrible investment. It should not be bought as an investment."

http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold-silver-mickey-fulp--gold-is-a-h...

hucklejohn's picture
hucklejohn

This is a great article.  The bottom line is either the government defaults on its obligations or inflates FRNs down to nothing or some combination thereof.  I see no other way out.  Am I missing anything?  It occurs to me that maybeTPTB chose Obama because of his totalitarian instincts so Americans could get used to the government/media totalitarian propaganda machine.  Then Obama gets cast aside & a dictator takes over accompanied by some false flag event, scape goating of one or more groups, & martial law.   Glad to see strabes is back!!

Sam's picture
Sam

Mike, you asked why there is no revolution yet. I contend that there is. This revolution is not being fought with guns and bombs though, it is happening quietly as people in our society withdraw their consent and begin to order their lives in new ways. The farmers markets and associated grey markets are growing, More people everyday turn away from consumerism and toward a more sustainable lifestyle. As we do this we reduce the power of the folks who think that they own us. We will be here. And we will take care of ourselves and our communities.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments