American Dictatorship

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
American Dictatorship

http://codgerville.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/american-dictatorship/

TWEA of 1917 (Or, was it the Patriot Act of 1917)

The idea behind the Trading With The Enemy Act of 1917 (TWEA) was very sound, restrict trade with hostile nations by foreign citizens here in the United States. Who could possibly oppose something this fundamental. If you are at war with Germany, as we were in World War I, and if you had a German owned corporation making fighter planes here in the US you wouldn’t want to have to fight those planes in the air over Germany. Or, if you had German nationals in the US sending gold and silver to Germany to fund the war you would want to stop that “trade” so that money could not be used to kill our G.I.’s. Right? Of course.

So how is this dangerous to our freedoms and how does it apply today? Easy. Part one first. It is dangerous to our freedoms because it gives the president the power to suspend the Constitutional protection of a trial by jury before such seizures are made, plus several other features of the Constitutional. But, no matter what, it establishes the fact that you can set aside the Constitution because of war and give the President extraordinary powers, not granted to the president in the Constitution. The Constitution only allows for the Writ of Habeas Corpus to be set aside during a war, nothing else (U.S. Const. Article 1 Sec. 9). The second part is much simpler. The TWEA of 1917 has never been repealed and can be found in the United Stated Code (USC from here on) 12 USC §95(a).

Here is the enabling portion of the Act that FDR asked for this power and it is in this enabling act that we see that states rights were done away with. Please read:

“Be it enacted by the Senate and the House of Representatives of the united States of America in Congress assembled, That the Congress hereby declares that a serious emergency exists and that it is imperatively necessary speedily to put into effect remedies of uniform national application.”

...Uniform national application. This is the clause that disables all states’ rights. It must be uniform and it cannot vary from state to state. So what was passed? What could be so important that it would do away with states rights and other provisions of the Constitution. In the Act of March 9, 1933, it further states in Title 1, Section 1:

“The actions, regulations, rules, licenses, orders and proclamations heretofore or hereafter taken, promulgated, made, or issued by the President of the United States or the Secretary of the Treasury since March the 4th, 1933, pursuant to the authority conferred by subdivision (b) of Section 5 of the Act of October 6, 1917, as amended, are hereby approved and confirmed.”

Did you get that? What ever the President and the Secretary of Treasury say, proclaim, write or order are automatically approved by Congress and have been automatically approved for the last 78 years without any congressional oversight.

Does Obama have to go to Congress for war in Libya? NO! It says so in the above paragraph. It is automatically approved. Do they have to go to Congress to print money? NO! Do they have to tell Congress who got the money? NO! What about TARP? NO! It is automatically and unequivocally approved. Does this sound like a republic or a dictatorship?

concernedcitizenx5's picture
concernedcitizenx5
Important information is slowly coming to the light

The sad part is that a lot of this legislation is written, discussed and passed behind closed doors. What angers me the most is when I talk to people about these matters, I almost always get the same response. "What can I do about". "As long as I can get beer and cigs and watch nascar, who cares". That is the typical response. [Moderator's note:  The Biblical comment really isn't necessary, especially considering our can on all religious discussion] I really cannot wait for this whole thing to explode so that the ignorant masses will wake up and the paranoid masses will realize that there is no superman coming to our rescue. We have to fix this ourselves. Thanks for the post, Johnny.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Re: Important information is slowly coming to the light

Yep.

I showed this to my wife who is a very bright person.

Her response was: "Yea but that stuff is always going on."

No one wants to think about it. When the time comes that THEIR liberties are taken away or THEY go to jail THEN it will be real and important. It will also be too late.

jneo's picture
jneo
 + When it comes to money

+

When it comes to money we are all sleeping with the enemy, if not IT will be in my wallet till i take IT out.  

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments