America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Jul 10 2008
Posts: 1499
America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!

Breaking up the banking system must be done!

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2009/02/american-vs-wall-street...

GregSchleich's picture
GregSchleich
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 16 2009
Posts: 187
Re: America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!

Sam

To me, this is a great example of the naivte, and in some cases, even willful blindness on the part of both the general public and the media, in unquestioningly accepting Obama's empty promise of "change."

The author, here, says; "Now is the time to break up the big money center banks. Now is the time to re-instate Glass-Steagall. We must demand the reforms for which we elected the Obama Administration."

This is an extraordinary statement! Almost the entire Obama team, except Volker, who's on the outside, are all Robert Rubin disciples who where at the forfront of dismantling Glass-Steagall, and who were also instrumental in preventing the regulation of OTC derivatives. These guys are not there for the purpose of reform. They're there to preserve the status quo!

I started a thread earlier in the week, detailing their track records, and I'd love it, if you would check it out. http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/barack-obamas-economic-dream-team/13044

Also, there's a very good link on the left hand side of your link, "Obama's Awful Financial Recovery Plan- Hudson," which spells out some of the practices of the Rubin wrecking crew. Actually, Damnthematrix put up last night, here. http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/bubble-economy-20-financial-recovery...

SteveS actually posted the Moyers interview, earlier, here http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/bill-moyers-and-simon-johnson-econom... However, your redundancy was not for naught, as I found his thread through yours. It's impossible to keep up with this website!

Peace

Greg

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Jun 17 2008
Posts: 807
Re: America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!

volcker on the outside????????????????

the former chairman of the fed. member of the cfr member of the group of 30.

 founding member of the trilateral commission.

former chairman of ROTHSCHILD,wolfensohn oh yeah there is the rothschild name again

(wolfensohn was the head of the world bank )

best buddies with the rockefeller family (chase bank)

on the outside ??????????????

excuse me.................... now where the hell is my prozac

strabes's picture
strabes
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 7 2009
Posts: 1032
Re: America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!

Yeah it's amazing that anybody would maintain the slightest bit of hope in Obama.  He's blatantly stealing trillions from the people to payoff the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, etc with these bailouts...just like Bush.  Pure robbery.  When it comes to this issue, Republicans and Democrats are precisely the same.  They debate irrelevant stuff like how much to spend on education in order to distract people from the real issue...the government's collusion with the banksters to keep us all in slavery.  

And yep, Volcker is NOT an outsider.  He looks like an outsider because he's the opposite of the inflationists.  But this is just the opposite side of the coin.  He serves the deflationary side of the coin for the banksters.  Rubin types serve the inflationary side.  Both are trumpeted as saviors by the media...but they are just pawns of the banksters who are put in at the right time of the economic cycle to serve their interests.   

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Jul 10 2008
Posts: 1499
Re: America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!
GregSchleich wrote:

Sam
To me, this is a great example of the naivte, and in some cases, even willful blindness on the part of both the general public and the media, in unquestioningly accepting Obama's empty promise of "change."

The author, here, says; "Now is the time to break up the big money center banks. Now is the time to re-instate Glass-Steagall. We must demand the reforms for which we elected the Obama Administration."
This is an extraordinary statement!

Almost the entire Obama team, except Volker, who's on the outside, are all Robert Rubin disciples who where at the forfront of dismantling Glass-Steagall, and who were also instrumental in preventing the regulation of OTC derivatives. These guys are not there for the purpose of reform. They're there to preserve the status quo!

I started a thread earlier in the week, detailing their track records, and I'd love it, if you would check it out. http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/barack-obamas-economic-dream-team/13044

Also, there's a very good link on the left hand side of your link, "Obama's Awful Financial Recovery Plan- Hudson," which spells out some of the practices of the Rubin wrecking crew. Actually, Damnthematrix put up last night, here. http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/bubble-economy-20-financial-recovery...

SteveS actually posted the Moyers interview, earlier, here http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/bill-moyers-and-simon-johnson-econom... However, your redundancy was not for naught, as I found his thread through yours. It's impossible to keep up with this website!
Peace
Greg

Hi Greg,

You are absolutely right. For a man who was elected to provide change, I am surprised at the number of "old hands" he brought on board. With the first few, I figured he wanted some folks who already knew their way around to help him deal with Congress. Next thing I knew he was filling his entire cabinet with retreads! When he picked Geithner for Treasury, it blew me away!

Full disclosure: I voted for Obama because I had high hopes based on his rhetoric. I liked Ron Paul's reality check but knew that he wouldn't garner enough votes to make a difference and I wanted to stop McCain.

I'm glad you posted those links for me. No matter how hard I try to keep up, there's always some posts that I miss for one reason or another. I'll check them out as soon as I post this.

It's impossible to keep up with this website!

Ain't that the truth!  Surprised

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Jul 10 2008
Posts: 1499
Re: America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!
strabes wrote:

Yeah it's amazing that anybody would maintain the slightest bit of hope in Obama.  He's blatantly stealing trillions from the people to payoff the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, etc with these bailouts...just like Bush.  Pure robbery.  When it comes to this issue, Republicans and Democrats are precisely the same.  They debate irrelevant stuff like how much to spend on education in order to distract people from the real issue...the government's collusion with the banksters to keep us all in slavery.  

And yep, Volcker is NOT an outsider.  He looks like an outsider because he's the opposite of the inflationists.  But this is just the opposite side of the coin.  He serves the deflationary side of the coin for the banksters.  Rubin types serve the inflationary side.  Both are trumpeted as saviors by the media...but they are just pawns of the banksters who are put in at the right time of the economic cycle to serve their interests.   

strabes,

I have noticed that the same guys seem to get recycled over
and over again. Surely there are some smart people out there who aren't
part of that evil cabal - which may explain why we never see them! And I had such high hopes for Obama.................Cry

I think all these shenanigans with the bailout are just so much hocus-pocus. I wish Congress had listened to us last year and told Paulson and Bernanke to take a hike. This constant effort to delay the inevitable is only going to make the crash worse when it finally happens. Sigh.....  Frown

 

joe2baba - you crack me up!  Foot in mouth

strabes's picture
strabes
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 7 2009
Posts: 1032
Re: America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!

Yep.  Not only is it going to make it worse in terms of delaying recovery, but also it's literally stealing our wealth and giving it to rich folks so we're going to be even more indebted/enslaved once the recovery happens.

If they let the Wall St banks fail, power would shift back to local community, local banks...precisely what should happen...we could easily make it on our own without these big institutions that supposedly provide for us.  But it's also precisely what the power elite cannot let happen...they love their power, they love their middleman fees.  Big government and big Fed/Wall St go hand-in-hand...Dems supposedly serve the former, GOP supposedly serves the latter...but really both serve both...it's the same political party folks...please tell your friends!  Cool

 

GregSchleich's picture
GregSchleich
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 16 2009
Posts: 187
Re: America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!

Joe, Strabes

Of course you guys are 100% right. Actually, Joe, with all those ??????s, you're 110% right! But that's not what I meant - although, both you guys did add a little bit to my understanding of Volker's resume. I didn't mean to imply that he was a Boy Scout. I don't think any Fed chief could be! What I meant was, he's "outside" the loop at the White House - at least according to Bloomberg News. Apparently, Summers has been keeping him at bay, not consulting him, not inviting him to meetings, etc. Also, they refer to him as heading a panel of "outside advisors." http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aaLzJZKNcc6Y&refer=home

Greg

ckessel's picture
ckessel
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 12 2008
Posts: 486
Re: America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!

Sam,

Certainly you jest!  The choices we have in Demos or Repubs  are only put up to make us think we have a choice while in reality both parties are run by the real power brokers .... the moneylenders.

I can think of a couple of ways that we may be able to change the status quo. One is to educate as is promoted here and then develop a grass roots plan to opt out via not participating. Possibly agorism but I need to learn more on that.

The second is to simply let the exponential growth function of the system consume itself ....duck and run!

Coop

PS there is still Ron Paul, etc.

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Jul 10 2008
Posts: 1499
Re: America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!
ckessel wrote:
SamLinder wrote:

I have noticed that the same guys seem to get recycled over
and over again. Surely there are some smart people out there who aren't
part of that evil cabal - which may explain why we never see them! And I had such high hopes for Obama.................Cry

Sam,

Certainly you jest!  The choices we have in Demos or Repubs  are only put up to make us think we have a choice while in reality both parties are run by the real power brokers .... the moneylenders.

I can think of a couple of ways that we may be able to change the status quo. One is to educate as is promoted here and then develop a grass roots plan to opt out via not participating. Possibly agorism but I need to learn more on that.

The second is to simply let the exponential growth function of the system consume itself ....duck and run!

Coop

PS there is still Ron Paul, etc.

Coop,

No jest here. When one is presented with a limited amount of choices, one tries to select the best option. While I like Ron Paul, I knew realistically he didn't have a snowball's chance in hell in this last election. So, what are my choices? Obama was definitely the better choice.

I was hoping for more change than I've seen. As the old saying goes, "Hope springs eternal." I'm afraid that an entirely new system will have to develop because this old one is so broken it isn't even funny!

ckessel's picture
ckessel
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 12 2008
Posts: 486
Re: America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!

Sam,

I voted for him too as I also felt he was the better choice ( rather that by party affiliation, etc.) But the "jest" comment was that one might assume that things would actually be different because he was elected over McCain. I assume you have read Jekyll Island?  Griffen discusses this issue at length.

 I think either one "has" to continue with the past monetary policies of the FED. The only other option would be to propose ending the FED and going back to the constitution which would result in death by past example.

The entire new system concept I agree with. I used to think that at some point an "Obama" would propose it as Kennedy did in printing silver certificates. He only lasted another four months! So now I am a "gloomer" I suppose one could call it. I know that continuation of the same system will produce gloom. I have zero confidence an elected official can get er done. I have every confidence an informed citizenry with folks like those that frequent this site hold the only chance there is for a grass roots change. 

So the big question is, can we organize and make a difference to soften the implosion or will we simply be looking at bits and pieces of the puzzle trying to figure out what to do? 

Coop

 

 

strabes's picture
strabes
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 7 2009
Posts: 1032
Re: America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!
ckessel wrote:

So the big question is, can we organize and make a difference to soften the implosion or will we simply be looking at bits and pieces of the puzzle trying to figure out what to do?

I'm pessimistic about taking the country back from the banking oligarchy.  Jefferson said once we gave in to bankers, the country would be done.  He said once we let the republic evolve into a democracy, we're done.  Madison said the Constitution required a moral people in order to survive.  In addition, the 2nd amendment is pretty much dead since a majority of people don't believe in it and because the people that do believe in it don't actively practice it...there's no militia...we need some governors to make that happen.  Also the 1st amendment is effectively dead since the power elite owns controlling interests in our mass media and the government "regulates," i.e. subtly dictates, the airwaves. 

I'm having trouble finding the basis for change... 

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Jul 10 2008
Posts: 1499
Re: America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!
strabes wrote:
ckessel wrote:

So the big question is, can we organize and make a difference to soften the implosion or will we simply be looking at bits and pieces of the puzzle trying to figure out what to do?

I'm pessimistic about taking the country back from the banking oligarchy.  Jefferson said once we gave in to bankers, the country would be done.  He said once we let the republic evolve into a democracy, we're done.  Madison said the Constitution required a moral people in order to survive.  In addition, the 2nd amendment is pretty much dead since a majority of people don't believe in it and because the people that do believe in it don't actively practice it...there's no militia...we need some governors to make that happen.  Also the 1st amendment is effectively dead since the power elite owns controlling interests in our mass media and the government "regulates," i.e. subtly dictates, the airwaves. 

I'm having trouble finding the basis for change... 

 

strabes,

While a student of history, there is much I don't know - too much history, too little time! Andrew Jackson managed to get rid of the Fed in his day and it stayed gone until 1913. Do you, or anyone else reading this, know how he managed to do so? Perhaps, if we look back at our history, there are some lessons we can extrapolate into our current dilemma.

 

In addition, the 2nd amendment is pretty much dead since a majority of
people don't believe in it and because the people that do believe in it
don't actively practice it.

Tell that to the NRA and the "good ol' boys" scattered around our country - not to mention a significant portion of the crowd in these forums!  Wink

 

...there's no militia...

I guess it depends on your definition of militia. I always felt that the National Guard was the militia of each state. Our governor in Oregon has recently been trying to stand up to the Federal Government to keep our local folks from being deployed all the time as if they were regular military. Perhaps if enough governors told the Feds "NO", we might make some progress.

 

Also the 1st amendment is effectively dead ...

I won't accept that. As long as there are independent newspapers and the internet, TPTB will never be able to control us all - no matter how much they might wish to do so. This site is a prime example of that and there are countless others all over the country.

ckessel's picture
ckessel
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 12 2008
Posts: 486
Re: America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!
strabes wrote:
ckessel wrote:

So the big question is, can we organize and make a difference to soften the implosion or will we simply be looking at bits and pieces of the puzzle trying to figure out what to do?

I'm pessimistic about taking the country back from the banking oligarchy.  Jefferson said once we gave in to bankers, the country would be done.  He said once we let the republic evolve into a democracy, we're done.  Madison said the Constitution required a moral people in order to survive.  In addition, the 2nd amendment is pretty much dead since a majority of people don't believe in it and because the people that do believe in it don't actively practice it...there's no militia...we need some governors to make that happen.  Also the 1st amendment is effectively dead since the power elite owns controlling interests in our mass media and the government "regulates," i.e. subtly dictates, the airwaves. 

I'm having trouble finding the basis for change... 

Strabes,

I can't argue your points mainly because I agree with your assessment of our current predicament.

But I gain optimism from the predicament our Founding Fathers faced which seem equally as impossible. How could a group of colonists defeat the reigning world power in a battle of force? They couldn't but they did. Once in 1776 and again in 1814. Jackson faced something like 10.000 professional soldiers in the Battle of New Orleans with a group of militia a few thousand strong. But Jackson and the militia were pissed !!! ( those a**holes had just burned Washington DC)  And the British were confident. And Jackson was street smart and he picked his battle!  Goodby British.

So we will take back the day by assessing our strengths (few) and weaknesses (many) and deliver a shot when we have sufficient knowledge of the situation. That is what I see happening on this site.

To a large extent we really don't have to beat them at their game since it will collapse anyway. we just need to figure out where to stand so we don't get taken out by the debris.

Plus, we are in a rather favorable position in that we have little to lose. As you mentioned, most is already lost!

Coop

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 23 2008
Posts: 1503
Re: America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!
Sam Linder wrote:

strabes,

While a student of history, there is much I don't know - too much
history, too little time! Andrew Jackson managed to get rid of the Fed
in his day and it stayed gone until 1913. Do you, or anyone else
reading this, know how he managed to do so? Perhaps, if we look back at
our history, there are some lessons we can extrapolate into our current
dilemma.

Sam,

Jackson was a hard-money believer.  He single-handedly opposed the Second Bank of the US (as the CB was then called; the "First" one failed by the way) and barely succeeded.  He ordered his Treasury Secretary to deposit all new Treasury funds in a handful of State banks, and to make any payments out of the account held by the Second Bank of the US, so that it would go to zero.

The head of the 2nd Bank, Nicholas Biddle, had a lot of support in Congress, mainly because he kept them well paid.  Biddle, seeing that Jackson just might succeed, proceded to create an economic recession/depression by putting a stop to all loans, and blaming the economic consequences on Jackson.

Biddle almost won, but Jackson surmounted all odds by making his appeal directly to the people, and exposing Biddle's attempted sabotaging of the economy.  Jackson suffered the first-ever censure from the senate, an absurd notion (they knew what Biddle was doing and that Jackson had nothing to do with it, but they had to do a CYA on their political careers).  The congress and the senate subsequently passed resolutions effectively "censuring" their own censure.

Jackson also survived an assassination attempt during all this by the way - the first ever in our nation's then-young history.

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 23 2008
Posts: 1503
Re: America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!

PS:  The 2nd Bank folded soon after, and Jackson instituted a hard-money only policy.

strabes's picture
strabes
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 7 2009
Posts: 1032
Re: America vs. the Oligarchs - We cannot let them win!

Sam - the national guard is not the militia.  They are an extension of the military...there are specific processes for how they are federalized to augment the very military that would be used to oppress us if that ever happens.  A regional group of strong governors would need to reject that system and fight back in order for the national guard to not be used in the oppression.  The militia is what Switzerland has...the community itself is the militia.  

Coop - I hear ya on the revolution, but circumstances are very different here.  Our founders fled the British monarchy.  The fight we might have coming would be the equivalent of the founders staying in Britain and taking on the crown directly.  That wouldn't have succeeded by a long shot.  Also, opponents of the British crown helped us in the revolution, primarily France.  Who would help us now?  Perhaps the Russians or Chinese would love to see our monarchy end, but those aren't partners I want.  Cool 

   

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments