America is out of control and must be stopped!

62 posts / 0 new
Last post
straight's picture
straight
America is out of control and must be stopped!

The jury is in... even the Chinese, with so much at stake in the US economy, have now coming out punching...

"Chinese Premier Blames Recession on U.S. Actions"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123318934318826787.html

The article talks of American irresponsibility leading to this crisis, it talks to the money China has lost and mentions the impact of the currency 'manipulation' comment by your worthless new head of Treasury.... it ends with,

"If the U.S. is treating us this way, eventually that will be enough cause for concern in the stability of the [U.S.] system," the official said.

We all know that America Inc. is the enemy of the free world.  Its aggression, politically, economically and militarily have caused death and misery for billions.  It is time for America to take its rightful place at the head of the list of 'Evil' empires.  It is time for the good people of America to actually leave their studies and TV rooms and revolt, in the open, on the streets.  It is time to actually ACT, to DO SOMETHING. 

I suggest that it is time to stop blogging and talking.  It is time for ACTION.

What will you do?

What i will do is write to my PM and my local state and Federal member stating my position that America ought to be seen as Australias enemy and that our government ought to treat it accordingly.

Ruhh's picture
Ruhh
Re: America is out of control and must be stopped!

Straight;

In your letter where does America Inc. begin and end? Does it include the EU, the WTO, the IMF, NATO?

When you speak of taking to the streets and revolting what exactly are you suggesting?

A lot of us are pissed but the anger needs to be harnessed into productive energy. All of this talk helps us all understand a bit more everyday so we can educate others on what went wrong and to discuss how to steer our future.

We, as everyday consumers and citizens, are all part of the evil empire known as America Inc. We are supportive in building the empire by buying into the products and complacent observers by allowing our leaders to join forces with them.

The only solutions I can offer is that we educate ourselves. Only with knowledge will come any power that's capable to drive change. Knowing your own lifestyle and what every aspect of it means on the larger scale can inspire deep inward changes. Only once acted upon can those changes inspire others to follow. Capitalism has hijacked democracy. Sure you can go out and vote or write a letter to your leaders, and I encourage all to do so, but the only thing that gets anybody's attention in the long run is where money ends up. What you do with it is your power to drive change and to influence others to follow by example or by it's demand.

PS: great avatar Smile. I owe them a lot of credit for shattering so many illusions. Much of it has shaped me into who I've become and the way I see the world today.

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown

Straight,

That quote from the Chinese certainly implies they will stop buying US Treasury bonds, in my book.

As for the rest of your post, where I presume the Chinese quote ends and your comments begin: while I have many disagreements with what the US government has done from time to time, I in no way see it like you do.  It seems to me you need to study some history and perhaps ask yourself where Australia would be if the US had not defeated Japan in WWII, just for starters.

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat
Patrick Brown wrote:

It seems to me you need to study some history and perhaps ask yourself where Australia would be if the US had not defeated Japan in WWII, just for starters.

Just for the record here and not to defend Straight. The answer to this speculative question is completely unknowable and if its rhetorical offering is somehow being presented as evidence of some kind it's nonsensical. One could easily imagine Australia being in a better position today if Japan won the war (if one can set aside nationalistic pride or do you really believe that Japan and/or the Japanese people were/are "evil" and in 2008 would be enslaving the Australians).

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown

mainecooncat,

Strictly on the level of logic, you are right.  However, they did take over every other island they could find - I'm sure they would have found Australia eventually.  

If by "evil" you mean, rape, pillage and murder, there is ample evidence that they did exactly this in Korea and China, so no, I wouldn't put it past the Japanese Monarchy at the time.  Of course I do not judge modern Japanese on this basis anymore than I'd want them to judge me for what we did to the Indians, slavery etc...  

As for the original post, I find Straight to be hysterical.  If you want to argue logic, may I ask that you start there?

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

It's funny you know, but as another Australian, I was wondering the same thing myself.  What if....  Just look at how Japan turned out since the war (excluding the current debacle)?

With all our resources at their fingertips, the Japanese just might have turned Australia into a Superpower...!  We'll neve know of course, but Japan winning the war wouldn't necessarily have meant everything turning bad.  Japanese tourists are everywhere in Australia.....  and I think they're nice people.  Only a war can turn nice people into barbaric morons.

Mike 

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
Damnthematrix wrote:

It's funny you know, but as another Australian, I was wondering the same thing myself.  What if....  Just look at how Japan turned out since the war (excluding the current debacle)?

With all our resources at their fingertips, the Japanese just might have turned Australia into a Superpower...!  We'll neve know of course, but Japan winning the war wouldn't necessarily have meant everything turning bad.  Japanese tourists are everywhere in Australia.....  and I think they're nice people.  Only a war can turn nice people into barbaric morons.

Mike 

Straight, Mike, mainecooncat - 

I'm disappointed in how quickly you guys forget history - especially Mike. Go back and read what Japan did to all the countries it invaded during WWII - it was very, very ugly. Patrick Brown gave you only a very short list. They treated Aussies like dirt when they were POW's - you can bet that it would have been very, very ugly if they had managed to capture Australia. I seriously doubt Australia would be the same as it is today - I think it would be a lot worse off.

Remember, it was the USA that set Japan back on her feet and allowed her to prosper. We also made sure that the Emperor was no longer a "God" and that a somewhat democratic institution was developed for their government. Do you really think they would have been as nice as they are today if they had won the war? Please......

BTW, I say this having spent time in Japan (it's a beautiful country) and made many Japanese friends in years past.

Also, one could say much the same things about Germany. I also spent time there and made friends with the locals - do you think they would have been as nice a bunch of people if they had won in their part of the world? I think not.

jdownie's picture
jdownie

Straight, I do believe you are right, the USA is out of control and must be stopped.

Unfortunately for us Australians, and most other nationalities, the US dollar is king and that cannot be changed unless the government here was to give up its monopoly on printing money (legal tender) and open the mint to gold, thus removing the need for the government to back its liability (the AUD) with the even more worthless USD (pseudo international standard). What are the chances of that? I'd say zero.

The Australian dollar will continue to lose value against gold, hence the cost of living will continue to rise and squeeze the life out of us all.

straight's picture
straight
Ruhh wrote:

Straight;

In your letter where does America Inc. begin and end? Does it include the EU, the WTO, the IMF, NATO?

When you speak of taking to the streets and revolting what exactly are you suggesting?

A lot of us are pissed but the anger needs to be harnessed into productive energy. All of this talk helps us all understand a bit more everyday so we can educate others on what went wrong and to discuss how to steer our future.

Thanks for your reply,

I suggest that all the institutions you mention are corrupt.  They were set-up in the shadow of the second world war when the US used its might to create them as institutions of American imperialism. 

The UN, with its veto provisions and its skewed representation of Industrialised nations is impotent in the face of any nation with a veto. The US has a permanent seat on the security council and permanent veto powers.

The model for the IMF was bastardised at its inception by the US at Bretton Woods in 1944.  There were some great models put forward in 1944, particularly by the UK.  It was Keynes that won the day for the might of America in setting up the Bretton Woods agreement installing the US$ as the default currency.  Watch the movie 'life and debt' to see a little of what the IMF has done to screw over Jamaica in the name of corporate America, or read 'confessions of an economic hitman'.  There is too much info out there to list on the misery that the IMF has imposed on countries as a way of opening countries to corporate America creating debt that impoverishes and enslaves the citizens of those countries.

The world bank. Again the US controls the functioning of the Bank and they use it to further the interests of corporate America.  http://www.dollarsandsense.org/archives/1999/0799dollar.html 

None of this ought to be news to you, it is now quite uncontentious.

The theft of America, and the world, at the hands of corporate America is complete, because it is institutionalised. 

The revolving door between corporate America and the American government is continually open.  The door between corporate America and the SEC is now well documented.  The stealing of the 2000 election is also well documented.  Big oil, big military, and big banks run America from within the whitehouse, under Clinton, Bush and Obama.

What do i suggest you do?  I am thinking a little civil unrest French style.  Look to the press for info on that.

S Schauermann's picture
S Schauermann

I am glad Australia holds the moral high ground here. It must be nice to come from a country that

1. DOES NOT have the highest per capita energy usage/ carbon emissions in the world.

2. DID NOT decimate its native culture.

3. DID NOT send troops to Iraq.

4. DOES NOT tolerate sexism, racism, homophobia, and righteousness.

Please don't judge us by what the boneheads on Wall Street, Madison Avenue, Washington D.C., and Hollywood do.

jdownie's picture
jdownie

Straight, I agree with you mostly but think you are still 'barking up the wrong tree'.

The problem is not just the US government and Wall Street etc. The problem here in Australia is the Australian Government. As I stated previously, until the AUSTRALIAN government gives up its monopoly on printing money by opening the mint to the free coinage of gold on private account i.e. you and me, it will continue to use the US dollar, being the global reserve currency, to back its liability, being the Australian dollar. It can't use gold because it doesn't have (hardly) any, thanks Mr Howard. Thus US dollar hegemony will continue and the economic distortions arising from an elastic standard of measure will increase.

Opening the mint to gold would of course make the Australian government irrelevant, as who is going to accept government paper in exchange for gold? nobody. So what are the chances of the government taking this course of action voluntarily? zero.

But maybe involuntarily, I'd suggest the US is not the only place a little French style civil unrest will be necessary.

Steve in Ohio's picture
Steve in Ohio

This is a hoot! Aussies lecturing the US about a civil uprising.

Well straight... here's an idea: why don't you foment an uprising in your country and demand that the AUD and USD link be done away with. Careful... governments don't like being questioned, so when you and your buddies get together in the street, you need to take some protection along. You run to the gun cabinet, fling it open, and... there's nothing there. Whoops... forgot... you gave up the only liberty you had that would keep the jack-booted thugs from placing their boots on your throat. At least we haven't been that stupid here. Yet, anyway.

And since history doesn't seem to be the strong suit of some responders here, let me help out with a few facts you can look up at the library:

1) When Adolf Hitler took power in Germany, do you know the first right he took away from German citizens? Gun ownership. Hmmm...Now that makes you think.

2) Prior to the US defeating Japan, the religion in Japan was shintoism. This is the belief that the Emperor was God. Once the US convinced them of the folly of that belief, that opened the door to them becoming the Japan that you see today.

The world is in the position it is today because too many of it's inhabitants are ignorant of both history and economics. Don't be part of the problem.

Steve in Ohio's picture
Steve in Ohio

And by the way... I love Australia. I hope to live there someday, after you have taken the rational steps of 1) restoring gun ownership to private citizens and 2) decoupled from the US.

jdownie has it exactly right; the sooner you push off the wreckage that is the US economy, the better off Australians will be.

Ruhh's picture
Ruhh
straight wrote:

None of this ought to be news to you, it is now quite uncontentious.

Yeah I read-up a lot on it back in the late 90's early 2000's. Even got teargassed in Quebec City at the 2002 FTAA Summit. 

straight wrote:

What do i suggest you do?  I am thinking a little civil unrest French style.  Look to the press for info on that.

French style yes, Greek style no. General strikes send a strong message as long as it doesn't turn violent and morph into rioting. When that happens you're just burning your own house down to make a statement and look dumb for doing it. For some that violent release feels good though doesn't it?

I feel too many North Americans are just too apathetic to organize themselves as well as the French. Partly due to the corporate media. For now I'll do my best and kick em where it hurts by boycotting as many products from the machine that I can afford to.

cheers

jmar8692's picture
jmar8692
S Schauermann wrote:

I am glad Australia holds the moral high ground here. It must be nice to come from a country that

1. DOES NOT have the highest per capita energy usage/ carbon emissions in the world.

2. DID NOT decimate its native culture.

3. DID NOT send troops to Iraq.

4. DOES NOT tolerate sexism, racism, homophobia, and righteousness.

Please don't judge us by what the boneheads on Wall Street, Madison Avenue, Washington D.C., and Hollywood do.

This is crazy, or did I miss the irony? :-/

Ad 1: Quatar has the highest per capita energy usage and carbon emmisions, the US is somewhere around the 10th place, Australia around 14th place.

Ad 2: Perhaps the Indigenous Australians would disagree...

Ad 3: 2000 Australian troops invaded Iraq, currently there are still 350. 

Ad 4: no comment...

Anyways, such dumb anti-americanism and moral relativism which resonates in this thread is really disgusting. I see that our moronic commies are not alone in their holly battle... :-/ Yes, it would be great if Hitler and Japans won the WW2 - the Japanese would turn Australia in the heaven on Earth and in my country, Hitler would surely build a lot of highways. Furthermore, I could greatly contribute to this miracle, being a miner in Siberia with almost zero carbon footprint...OMG!

Alex Szczech's picture
Alex Szczech
Patrick Brown wrote:

That quote from the Chinese certainly implies they will stop buying US Treasury bonds, in my book.

That's my sense as well.  I can understand why the Chinese would be nervous about their investment and more than a little peeved. Can anyone offers some scenarios as to how things will play out when China pulls the plug on financing US debt? 

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Hi Alex,

I have my suspicions that it'll play out something like this :-

You'd have to thank the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for this one though...

Paul

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Hi Straight,

I think you need a little alliance here and I'll try to cover your back with this thread. On post #8 where you wrote :-

" The model for the IMF was bastardised at its inception by the US at Bretton Woods in 1944.  There were some great models put forward in 1944, particularly by the UK.  It was Keynes that won the day for the might of America in setting up the Bretton Woods agreement installing the US$ as the default currency.  Watch the movie 'life and debt' to see a little of what the IMF has done to screw over Jamaica in the name of corporate America, or read 'confessions of an economic hitman'.  There is too much info out there to list on the misery that the IMF has imposed on countries as a way of opening countries to corporate America creating debt that impoverishes and enslaves the citizens of those countries. "

...this is a powerful pill for most people to swallow but the facts lay in place if you fish :-

Life And Debt

http://freedocumentaries.org/theatre.php?filmid=91&id=798&wh=1000x720

...is a film that needs to be watched, simply to understand the intentional 'Rape' of a country by the IMF.

This is John Perkins, author of 'Confessions Of An Economic Hitman' and, more recently 'The Secret History Of The American Empire', being interviewed by Amy Goodman on 'Democracy Now'

...watch the interview and then, open up the side bar where it states 'more info'.

I think it may well drive you to go and buy both of his books, find a quiet place so you can go through every one of your emotional spectrums in privacy...

After watching both of these films and reading these books, I can't think of a reason why you 'Wouldn't' demonstrate on the streets of your home town.

In my opinion, there hasn't been an honest presidency of America in at least three generations. They've all been bought and paid for by Corporations. Want to see an Australian take on how American elections are won? Here :-

Paul

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
Vanityfox451 wrote:

Want to see an Australian take on how American elections are won? Here :-

Paul

Vanityfox451,

Thanks for the above link. As an American, I can certainly understand why everyone else is confused - it even confuses us!

After watching that, I watched this link and found myself doubled over with laughter!

Newstopia explains the Reserve Bank: 

Thanks for bringing some much need laughter into my day.  Laughing

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

Hi Sam,

Of course I was neithere during the war, nor born here.  However, I am well aware of the Japanese atrocities.  So you're saying that the obvious culture change in the Japanese was actually caused by them losing the war?

Say they had won the war, surely once it was all over they would have had to change the way they did things....

I also have this theory that invaders (unless such invader conquers a much less powerful opponent such as the English stealing Australia from the Aborigines, and America from your natives) eventually become so outnumbered as their empire grows that they become so diluted as to become an insignificant proportion of the conquered...

Mike 

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Sam,

I Likey!!!

Take Care, 

Paul

P.S.

Don't suppose you've found the thread I made called Logan's Run? You're guaranteed to laugh if you liked this one!! Just open the You Tube list below the main film...

Leave a comment and give it a bit more life to attract othersLaughing

http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/logans-run/12335

Go On, put your feet up and take the weight off, it's Friday!!!

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

straight wrote:
What i will do is write to my PM and my local state and Federal member stating my position that America ought to be seen as Australias enemy and that our government ought to treat it accordingly.

...you may be diagnosing the symptom rather than the disorder.

As an avid Steelers fan and US citizen, I may credibly say that our financial institutions are not American.  The United States, just like your fine country, is a client state to the international central banking scheme.  We no longer issue or control our money and have little say about our markets - just like you.

I admire your passion and anger, please direct to the real problem - international central banks - they must be eliminated.  You don't have to leave your own country to fight the real corruption - write the same people.  

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

DrKrby,

I think there is a definition here that is equal and the same. 'Straight' uses the terminology 'America Inc' and I use the terminology coined by John Perkins as 'Corporatocracy' or Corporation. Much of there distinctions are equal and the same.

You can grab peoples attention with a heading such as "America Is Out Of Control And Must Be Stopped' and you'll find a vast bunch of disgruntled Americans arriving at the thread blasting carefully frazed slights at you. In reality, it isn't the 'American' that is the fault but the fraudulent banking and policy makers that have disempowered the American people.

I'm now living in Hungary after emigrating from England. I knew early on that all of this financial breakdown was going to happen and have tried to prepare for it as best I can; many haven't and are still believing the 'Bull' the newspapers feed people every day. Today, the Forint (Hungarian Currency) has begun to tank against the Euro. If you were to tell your average Hungarian that their way of life is about to go into masive decline because of the American Sub-prime scam or, in reality, 'Peak Oil', they'd think, "How can countries so far from me have any effect?". Strange but true.

How about Hungary's massive debts to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), so that it now has sensationally smooth link roads to easily join Croatia to Austria, do you believe that it benefits all Hungarians? No, about 12% use the road; the other 88% use the pot-holed ones because they can't afford the vignette tariff. They still pay for the road indirectly with their taxes though. All told, the population here pay 40% tax on their wages. By the end of the financial year the Hungarian authority has payed out half as much in interest to the IMF as taxes have been payed by its population. Define poverty and this is the creation by the IMF and the World Bank, both created with majority control by 'American' and other 'Economic Hit men', as John Perkins puts it. 

Watch the links I've put in my earlier comments on this thread and you'll find the pattern. That pattern should make you furious - should make you rage, but because the majority are blind to this international resource rape, they remain benine. The opposite of benine is cancerous and, that is what I believe is the result when large companies with the banking of international governments are when their ulteria motives are to steal the resources from countries with sickly smiles and offers of angelic altruism.

Jamaica is one such country. Bolivia, Argentina, Venezuela, Mexico, Romania, slovakia, Croatia - name any country in the world and, if it has resources it'll have American, Russian, English or European Banks and companies offering services in return for unpayable debts with sky-high interest rates in the name of capitalism and creating jobs.

When third world countries open their borders to free trade, they're swamped with cheap food that makes their own produce too expensive to grow. At that point they, as a people, are stuck in the system. And which country has in history controlled and held the most power? Thats right, America.

They have had the majority vote and the most power in the past because they started out after the second world war barily scathed as a continent and with a massive amount of resources; Oil. America built its empire on the burning ashes of the countries who's lands were used as the battle grounds. Even Germany was aided by American money to come back as the power-house it is today; but did it come back from destruction for nothing or, has it only recently finally paid off the original debt that it owed to America; just like England and 60 years plus interest. Was it 'really' progress? I don't know how to decide...

Heres one persons take on it :-

Take Care,

Paul

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
Damnthematrix wrote:

Hi Sam,

Of course I was neithere during the war, nor born here.  However, I am well aware of the Japanese atrocities.  So you're saying that the obvious culture change in the Japanese was actually caused by them losing the war?

Say they had won the war, surely once it was all over they would have had to change the way they did things....

I also have this theory that invaders (unless such invader conquers a much less powerful opponent such as the English stealing Australia from the Aborigines, and America from your natives) eventually become so outnumbered as their empire grows that they become so diluted as to become an insignificant proportion of the conquered...

Mike 

Hi Mike,

Re Japan - I think they would have treated Australians much the same as Australians treated the Aborigines. Australians would have found themselves as second class citizens at best and a "slave" work force at worst. I also believe that those Australians who were able would have become a rebel force and continued to fight the Japanese indefinitely. You could be living in a whole different world - assuming you would still have moved there.

Re your invader theory - In some cases your theory may be right. In others, the might and advanced weaponry of the few (not to mention their diseases) could decimate the indigenous population - America is a prime example of that. This country managed to virtually wipe out its native population in just 100 - 150 years!

Basically, I think that Japan and Germany prospered after WWII because it was in America's geo-political interest that they do so. Do you think the Germans and the Japanese would have been benign rulers if they had won? Considering that they would have been struggling to maintain control over large populations, I seriously doubt they would have been as magnanimous as America was.

straight's picture
straight

Hi all,

Thanks for running interference for me vanityfox451, some great links and thoughts... i have been away with my kids, making tomato sauce and signing on for the football season etc.

So many thoughts on this thread.  As for gun ownership in Oz.  I think that the great movie 'bowling for columbine' explores the American psyche and guns.  I hate John Howard with a passion.. such a small man... small thinking... small vision.  However i think that his removal of guns from our society was his highpoint as a politician.  I was a cop and was on the receiving end of illegal and legal guns, i was never shot, however i had to deal with them, in domestic situations, chasing armed villains through the scrub, hunting one armed guy through a public car park in the valley... i gotta say, they were shit times, and i for one am happy to live in a land of tight gun control.  Having said that one of the things i did with my son this weekend was sign up with the local gun club, small bore target shooting.  I want my son to learn to shoot accurately and safely.  I share a view of the world where those skills will be valuable.  That same view of the future makes me thankful that guns have been removed from society... picking between out of control armed police and out of control armed thugs, give me thugs any time, however anything short of that and i would prefer less guns than more.

The comment that the world bank, the bank of international settlements [which, headed by an American during the second world war traded with the Nazis moving the gold from invaded countries to the Germans, prolonging the war.... they did not want to choose winners! Assholes!], and especially the IMF are not American institutions is  true, at one level.  it is in how they are set up [rights of veto, voting rights etc] and how they are used that the real truth lies.  they are very much instruments of american imperialism.

Watch any of John Pilgers docs on central and south america for a rebuke of the IMF, or watch his movie on Indonesia [i think it is 'rulers of the new world'] and he will walk you through the selling of indonesia to america inc., in many ways this marks the beginning of the free trade movement!

The problem in Australia at the moment is that it is very much business as usual.  Whilst the news from over seas is bad, most people are oblivious to it, and those that do listen and do 'get it' are quite perplexed that it hasn't hit here yet.  sure, house resale values are off their peaks a little, however the peaks of a few months ago were SO high that they had to come off a little.... and practically no one knows anyone who has lost their house or job from the crisis... it's quite surreal here at the moment.  getting anyone to protest over the international crisis would be very very hard, atm.  that will change, and i am buying a bullhorn for when it does!

I tell you what.  Who is up for a little contest on who can get the most bodies out on the streets??  a little 'warm up'. I am open for suggestions on conditions.  hitting the streets in order to drive change is not an american or australian tradition, me thinks it is time to change that.

ps. ozzy greenhouse gasses per person are high [one flight from brisbane to sydney emits the same amount of CO2 as is used by an average Indian in a year!].... i didnt know that we lead the world in that reguard.  the 'greenhouse mafia' [green house intensive industry's lobbiests] are alive and well in australia .  Whilst our elections are not as corporate as yours, we do have campaign funding from corporations and this leads to policy changes, no doubt. 

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Hi Straight,

your points here are well written and from the heart; you're eminently readable and on the same page.

I found your comments on 'This Page' with its relevant opening news headline and, they deserve a link to this one :-

http://www.peakprosperity.com/comment/14909#comment-14909

I've been living in Hungary since early October last year in my farm that I bought to grow my own food, so you know from this article that this country is about to go pop!! Amazingly, everyone I'm meeting here are very much like the Australians you've written about in that they're not yet angy and unified but, oblivious. I drove out of the UK late last September with the exact same public mindset that hadn't arrived there yet. No matter what facts I told friends and aquaintences, they didn't get how big the issues coming were. The metaphor is very much like a set of shallow waves, then the tide goes right out and the children can be seen with their parents mesmorized at the amount of silver scaled fish riggling on the beach and gasping for breath; they're too busy looking at the immediate death-throws of the fish to see a wall of water, thirty feet high, travelling at a hundred miles per hour just peaking on the horizon.

Each country is waking up and one at a time - little squals are capped by bright young people in media, with no accountability and 'fed lines' from high-up as damage control - the first hit is averted...the lights are dimming across Eastern Europe but the beer is still flowing...

Like you Straight, I've been pushing people on this forum to watch the Adam Curtis documentaries that are so necessary in gathering the past together with enough clarity to gain a perspective on this present we're living and the future that is emerging. Just yesterday, Mike (DamnTheMatrix) found an even better link than the one I had found to watch without the clunkiness of You Tube and, for those that haven't been reading the thread 'Why Does The World Feel Wrong' and haven't found the links there :-

Adam Curtis - The Trap

http://freedocumentaries.org/film.php?id=152

Seperate from the above, I think the major catalist that created stronger gun control in Australia was the Port Arthur Massacre in Tasmania in 1996. Its repercussions set the course :-

Period Television News

Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_(Australia)

I was in Australia at the time and, myself and the entire country were utterly disgusted and saddened. I feel the climate was right for the banning of guns then, though now, I'd rather be doing what you're doing and training my nearest and dearest on ways to defend themselves with a weapon - Just my five cents...

Take Care,

Paul

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
straight wrote:

The comment that the world bank, the bank of international settlements [which, headed by an American during the second world war traded with the Nazis moving the gold from invaded countries to the Germans,

prolonging the war.... they did not want to choose winners! Assholes!], and especially the IMF are not American institutions is  true, at one level.  it is in how they are set up [rights of veto, voting rights etc] and how they are used that the real truth lies.  they are very much instruments of american imperialism.

This is inaccurate - the IMF, the BIS and the various central banks are NOT instruments of American imperialism - they are the tools of exploitation for an unsavory group of criminal international bankers.  America, like almost every other nation, including yours, has become a client state in this new world order.

America has been hit hard by these international bankers as we are their biggest threat.  We have a constitution that makes their usury in America illegal and we have the military strength to hunt them down and put an end to it if we were so inclined.  The plan is for the various central banks to consolidate under global central control which would enrich and empower the banksters more than any single nation.

The central bankers have always promoted wars, chaos and injustice as profitable activities and to undermine any national resistance.  America is a victim, not a perpetrator, in being run by a power greater than it's people.  Americans are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan and our economy can no longer sustain the war machine.  Sadly, young American soldiers think they are sacrificing for their nation but in reality they are serving the interests of the international bankers.

One thing for sure, Americans are guilty of is allowing this evil to continue.  We have been lied to, mislead and deceived.  We have become a nation of sheep.  Our corporate media is essentially owned by 5 companies that are owned and controlled by the international bankers.  Our children receive terrible educations in order to keep the country dimmed down.  Our very history has been distorted and our citizens are purposely divided in competing groups to stir hatred rather than unity. 

Instead of criticizing America, you should be criticizing the international bankers.  Humanity needs to wake up to see what is taking place.  As a patriotic American, I will work hard to expose and eliminate these parasites from our nation - I suggest you do the same.  If we are to point fingers, let us point them clearly at the problem.          

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts

In regards to how the Japanese  treated the Chinese I would recommend the book Flyboys by James Bradley,

http://www.pacificwrecks.com/reviews/flyboys.html

Greg

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

DrKrby,

You Wrote :-

" This is inaccurate - the IMF, the BIS and the various central banks are NOT instruments of American imperialism - they are the tools of exploitation for an unsavory group of criminal international bankers.  America, like almost every other nation, including yours, has become a client state in this new world order. "

I think you've missed the part here and, what I wrote on the thread you built recently where as a globe 'We' are all affected by the business of 'America Inc' ( " the IMF, the BIS and the various central banks ") and what I call 'Corporatocracy'. This discussion is not a slight on the American people who were sold the imperative to fight in wars and spill their blood for causes such as the Iraq war. The reality is that they were fighting in Iraq for an 'Energy Grab; this is power and a control of both the American people and of the globe. It is mainained (even in its illusion) on the power of oil. What you can do to defend both that energy and the maintained wealth ideal is, and is sold as, in itself, unsustainable. The American forces that are still in Iraq now know as well as the American populous that they were sold a fable, or they would instead be dilluded. We've been sold a dillusion by corporate driven government and we're now living the wreckage from it...

Tell me if I've lost the plot?

Take Care, 

Paul

cedar's picture
cedar

A contrarian view... 

The problem is not "them or the matrix", the problem is "me or we".

Debt is generally bad. But debt can be good if used to invest in something essential to life that will provide more than enough return to repay it. This applies to individuals, corperations, and countries.

People who loan money do so to make a profit and are motivated to sell you the debt. And if they want control of your asset, may actually want you to default. Sellers of debt often lie or stretch the truth to persuade you. Therefore there is inherent risk in all transactions.

Buyers of debt must be wary and take responsibility for their actions.

So yes developing countries got into trouble by borrowing from the IMF. And yes the U.S. is in serious trouble for buying debt from China. And yes many banks are in trouble for buying highly leverage assets. And yes many homeowners are in trouble for buying homes they could not afford. And yes many consumers are in trouble for supplementing their income with debt.  But in every case the borrower made the decision to borrow. No one forced them.

We must take responsibility for our own actions and suffer the consequences if we do not. The rule "buyer beware" has always been true and always will be. There is no one to blame but yourself.

P.S. I did read Perkin's book and understand what the U.S. "did" to developing countries. Nevertheless, those countries need to take responsibility for buying the debt that got them into trouble.

cedar's picture
cedar

I should have elaborated that I draw the line when force is used to influence a decision. Such as was the case with some CIA funded government overthrows.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments