All We Have To Do Is Buy 1 Physical Ounce of Gold, Each.....

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
John99's picture
John99
All We Have To Do Is Buy 1 Physical Ounce of Gold, Each.....

“Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." Gandhi.

Want to protect your nest egg, make a great investment, and send a message to every Bankster in the world?

Buy one physical ounce of gold.

That's it – simple, and it makes sense to do it.

As we have been reading here on CM and elsewhere, the US dollar must be devalued as the only means possible to fund all the unfunded liabilities facing the government (CNBC interbiew: http://www.michaelcovel.com/2009/09/25/dollar-fun/).

So therefore, dollar down in value = gold up in value (you are protecting your nest egg).

Further, saving accounts are delivering negative real rates of return (after tax and inflation), and so there is no incentive to keep your money in the bank, and added to this, the F.D.I.C. is now in negative territory to cover bank-failure deposits.

All we have to do is buy 1 physical ounce of gold. Protect your assets, and effect a change by sending a message to the banksters of your preference for 'real money'.

Here's a Max Keiser short video from Oct 2nd, 2009, where he makes the same suggestion.

http://maxkeiser.com/2009/10/02/ote21-on-the-edge-with-max-keiser-first-half/

To finish with Gandhi, "You must be the change you want to see in the world"

agitating prop's picture
agitating prop
Re: All We Have To Do Is Buy 1 Physical Ounce of Gold, ...

I don't know if this is urbane myth but there is a story of a young German who worked as a bellhop in a hotel before Weimer inflation and returned and purchased the hotel with the same gold coin, after hyper inflation hit. Good story, I read a few other variations of same, where the bellhop recieved the gold coin from an American tourist....why, of course--had to be an American who saved the day...right?Wink

The combined money supply rose from 12 billion marks to 63 billion marks during the war. Prior to the hyperinflation of Weimar Germany a bellhop was given a gold coin as a tip. He saved this coin (Gersham's law) and continued about his business. During the worst of the hyperinflation this same bellhop bought the entire hotel at which he was once employed, for that same gold coin he had saved earlier.

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_00/morgan120800.html

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

I'm taking 20% of my earnings every month and buying PM's.  I prefer Ag right now over Au due to the high amount of press that Au is getting.  I don't like it when there's too much press on a subject....makes me nervous.

John99's picture
John99

LR wrote,

I'm taking 20% of my earnings every month and buying PM's.  I prefer Ag right now over Au due to the high amount of press that Au is getting.  I don't like it when there's too much press on a subject....makes me nervous.

Excellent, and as the Aussies say, 'Good on ya!'

As it is a personal question, I won't ask if you are taking the metals in physical delivery, but hope so, and assume you are aware of the controversies over etf's like, GLD and SLV, where independent audits have not been preformed to confirm actual bullion is being held for shareholders.

Thanks for sharing and either way, we are sending a message to the banksters.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

john99,

Only physical.  I don't play in the market at all anymore.  Why get involved with a rigged game and I don't want any of my money being used to make other people money.  I keep it in different locations.  I do keep some in different vaults throughout the world though.  My % changes at times as well.  Back in the spring of 2008 I was at 25% then in the summer I went to 40% all the way to 75% in Sept - Dec. of 2008.  I actually may start ramping up again to 50% soon as I think we're going to be in a world of hurt very soon with the devaluation of the $ coming.  

Great idea btw!  Keep it coming.  Education on the issues of PM is a constant and I hope the masses start to move toward physical ownership.

Cheers!

idoctor's picture
idoctor

I don't like it when there's too much press on a subject....makes me nervous.

This makes me very nervous also. All those gold adds all over CNBC makes you really wonder if a top is in?

John99's picture
John99

LR wrote,

I don't play in the market at all anymore.  Why get involved with a rigged game and I don't want any of my money being used to make other people money.

Right on LR! I guess we learn things best from our mistakes, and maybe a big benefit of the crash to many of us, is learning your lesson - the game is rigged - against us. We don't want to play anymore!

idoctor wrote,

I don't like it when there's too much press on a subject....makes me nervous.

Me too. Fundamentally, PM's make total sense, but it equally worries me when so many of us are running to one end of the ship at the same time. Also, the fact the Chinese government are recommending it to their people - kind of raises the hairs on the back of my neck....

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

Hey John-

I have conflicting feelings when I hear that the Chinese are encouraging their citizens to buy  gold.  On one had, I worry like you guys about jumping on to any bandwagon/bubble/con-game. 

But on the other hand, I think that one of the Chinese goverment's primary motivations is maintaining stability in their country.  If the dollar crashed, I believe that would be terribly destabilizing for their country.  So if they really believe that the dollar is in trouble, and that a potential crash of the reserve currency could send major shocks through the world economy, then maybe their allowing and encouraging their citizens to buy gold makes all the sense in the world.  If their citizens own gold, they are less likely to be devastated by the collapse of the dollar.  It might be a desperate move, but it sure makes a lot of sense when you think of it that way; as an attempt to recduce the risk of their country being destabilized by a devaluation/collapse of the dollar.

Think of a hurricane warning; when time is of the essence, and analysts see strong indicators of potential devastation on the horizon, they warn people loudly to "evacuate!!" as fast as possible.  Or in the case of our economic situation: "Evacuate the dollar!!  Get out of danger!! Buy gold!!" 

I can't help wondering if that is what is going on.

Doug's picture
Doug

China persuading its people to buy gold makes eminent sense to me.  A billion people buying even very small amounts of gold adds up to a lot.  Plus, China probably won't sell them its gold, it probably wants them to buy on the world market.  All those people buying a little bit at a time won't affect the price as much as the gov't buying the same amount, and that gold will then be within reach of the gov't should it choose to confiscate or pay for it in yuan.

The bottom line is that gold is growing less abundant on world markets.  At some point the manipulators will be forced to capitulate, then all hell is likely to break loose.  I heard somewhere recently, sorry can't remember who said it, but many of you probably heard it also, but he predicted in an off hand way that if gold hits $1500 or $2000 the dollar will collapse.  By any standard, that's horrific, even if you have a lot of it.

Doug

PraySam's picture
PraySam

Might have been Jim Sinclair but he doesn't really say anything "offhandedly" about dollar collapse and gold surging. He has for years been preaching that scenario. Interestingly, the local dealers in Central Texas here are aflood with gold. Some say the sellers are 2 to 1 on the buyers while others say it is 6 to 4. Probably because it is at that $1,000 level again many believe it has topped. I also note most commercial sellers have ready inventory of most PMs with quick shipping times. Certainly this is nothing like last fall when PMs were very scarce. The airwaves are being bombarded with gold advertisements. Are people really buying nationally? I wonder.

idoctor's picture
idoctor

This guy has been pretty good at times.....as gold & silver fall I will keep adding to the collection.

The govt wont let the USD slide to the floor overnight. Doesnt work like that.

Also buying gold at a big top is ok but a bit dangerous. My other vids give some better strategies. We have been buying on BIG dips and it has been working a treat.

Our forecasts are saying there is a high probability of a BIG dip in commods coming very soon. But we will be watching.

John99's picture
John99

Good comments, all. Have also been reading about a contrarian USD rally. The writer points out that during the global collapse in' 08/ early '09, everyone fled to USD as the safe haven. He points out that still 66% of the world commerce is done in USD, and if and when this second shoe falls of commercial real estate, refinancing-mortgages, etc., the run to USD's could happen all over again, and that may or may not bode well for PM's.

He did show a good chart with the inverse relationship with USD and PM's but also in times of heavy uncertainty they can travel together in tandem, which happen last year. My guess would be that in a new financial collapse, gold and silver would do even better as there has been so much bad press on the dollar.

For Monday morning, Oct. 5th, here are the daily forecasts for PM's from a futures trading house:

05 Oct 2009 at 06:32:52 (GMT)

GOLD (Spot) intraday: bullish bias above 995

Pivot: 995.00

Our Preference: LONG positions above 995 with targets @ 1006 & 1010.

Alternative scenario: The downside breakout of 995 will open the way to 989 & 985.

Comment: the 60-min RSI advocates for further advance.

Trend: ST Ltd upside; MT Bullish

05 Oct 2009 at 06:32:31 (GMT)

SILVER (Spot) intraday: Mixed to bullish

Pivot: 15.90

Our Preference: LONG positions above 15.9 with 16.4 & 16.5 as next targets.

Alternative scenario: The downside breakout of 15.9 will open the way to 15.75 & 15.6.

Comment: Intraday technical indicators are mixed and call for caution.

Trend: ST Ltd upside; MT Bullish

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
Put 10% of your Assets into Gold.....And hope you never use it!

http://www.safehaven.com/article-14637.htm

REALITY: Gold is money. Gold has been, and remains, the most important money in the world. It has been accepted as money around the world for over 4,000 years.

If you doubt that gold is the most important money, let me ask you: What does the U.S. military pack in the emergency kit of fighter pilots in case they need to buy their survival? They don't put in dollars, yen, pound notes, or any other paper money. The U.S. military puts into the emergency kit some gold coins. Why? Because at all times, and in all circumstances, GOLD IS MONEY.

I added this for you gold investors.  I'm not one of them.  I don't care what the dollar cost of gold is at....to me I'm trading monopoly money for REAL MONEY.  Investing in paper gold is no better than investing in any other paper.  But I know you investors are out there so I figured I'd add this to the discussion.

Cheers!

John99's picture
John99
Re: Put 10% of your Assets into Gold.....And hope you never ...

From my research the longest lasting currency in our history on the planet is the 'Solidus' which was used successfully for centuries. Here is a link and quote from Wikipedia:

“The solidus was re-introduced by Constantine I in 312 CE, permanently replacing the aureus as the imperial gold coin of the Roman Empire. The solidus was struck at a rate of 72 from a Roman pound of pure gold, each coin weighing twenty-four Roman/Greek carats[2], or about 4.5 grams of gold per coin. By this time, the solidus was worth 275,000 increasingly debased denarii.

The solidus maintained essentially unaltered in weight and purity until the 10th century, though in the Greek-speaking world during the Roman period and then in the Byzantine economy it was known as the nomisma (plural nomismata). [2] Whenever the coin was taken in by the treasury, it was melted down and reissued. This maintained the evenness of the weight of the circulating solidi, since the coin did not tend to be in circulation for long enough to become worn.[2]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solidus_%28coin%29

So here we see a currency that lasted hundreds of years, and very much, it is still a currency today. If you dug up a real Solidus, would there be any buyers? Absolutely, not only for its gold content, but antique collectors would bid it up much higher than that.

Doug's picture
Doug

Point of information re: post #12.  I spoke to a friend who is retired AF and flew F-4s until around 1990 when they were decommissioned and on KC 135 tankers after that.  According to him they never had gold, other PMs or any other kind of cash, unless they brought their own along, on any flights.  He thinks that notion may have originated with Dr. Strangelove.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Doug,

My grandfather flew a P51 in WWII and was given 3 gold marks and 2 gold sovereigns.  Now whether that was from his commanding officer or the gov't I don't know, I'll have to ask him.  My uncle flew B17's over Europe as well, I know he had gold coins as they're in my possession now.  Again, I don't know if they were standard issue.  It's an interesting item to research though if you enjoy history.  Either way, won't change my buying habits:-)

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

LR, Doug -

Interesting discussion about SERE kit contents.  We didn't have anything on submarines.  Probably had something to do with the fact that 98% of the time we were underway we were in water that was deeper than crush depth so there wasn't much thought or concern about post-accident survival.  We were content knowing we'd all be fish food.

I checked with our Chief of Staff - combat pilot in Afghanistan - they didn't have any money, gold or silver in their kits.  I suppose they were counting on the beacon and a rescue rather than a long term evasion and survival scenario.

Doug's picture
Doug

Dogs LR

I suspect the historical eras may play a large role in such things.  In WWII there was a high likelihood of being downed over hostile territory.  In Afghanistan and Iraq the likelihood is relatively low and possibility of quick recovery and pickup high.  I'd be curious to hear what they did in Vietnam.

Doug

Amanda V's picture
Amanda V

Man you guys.  It is all very well for you, but I bought an ounce of gold here in New Zealand a few months ago....  then all the media and reports started that gold had gone up .... so today I had a look at what my gold was worth.  It was worth significantly LESS  than when I bought it, because the NZ dollar has gotton stronger (relative to the USD I suppose).  

Given the USD is likely to go down and down and down, I suppose my gold will be worth less and less  and less.  Only point having it if you live in America I think.  Unless somebody can persuade me otherwise ... ?

John99's picture
John99

Oh, you Kiwi's! Your currency stays down for 20 years and the first time it goes up, it's complain, complain, complain!!! Laughing

Actually, just saw a chart with gold to the Aussie dollar, same story there, but just be patient – all good things come to those who wait!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments