With all due respect

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
G's picture
G
With all due respect

I completely missed the discussion regarding the use of anonymous names. I apologize ahead of time for rehashing a subject that could possibly be closed and resolved for the majority of the community.

I will start by saying that I feel I must post my opinion before I can continue to participate. I frequently do not post here at this site. I spend most of my time at places like Market Watch that need to hear the good news at ChristMartenson.com. That is my mission. I have made a plethora of other posts elsewhere.

For the record I would like to state what I respect about Chris's style. Chris has a non-judgemental style that most of time does not preload a discussion, have a political affiliation, and remains fairly unbiased. This is what I respect the most about the 'Crash-Course' and why I can pass it on and press people so hard to watch it. I know ahead of time that they can not refuse to take part because of a partisan bias, a religious bias, an ethnic bias, or any other bias you can think of.

Chris is very Zen at times, I remember a line in the 'Crash Course' that states, this is not verbatim of course (this is how I choose to remember it in my mind), "...I am not saying this aspect is good or bad, it is merely a feature of the system." This attitude is one of the fundamental attractions to Chris and his message.

I am not impressed however with the majority of the discussion on the forums. This is NOT a criticism of anyone as individuals, most of the time I am not interested in the topic and where it leads.  Personally I find the same opinions and groups of thoughts on a regular basis. I stopped posting because I found I could not live up to the ideal I admired Chirs for, my posts came across as opinionated for the sake of making an emotional response. I am still young and learning to be mature, seasoned in my responses, and less emotional with my posts.

This leads me to the thoughts I experienced when I read the discourse between Krogoth and Erik. I can not say how many times I have disagreed with Krogoth, but I respect his opinions and point of view. And I have to admit that I can relate to how he feels about the issue regarding anonymous names.

The fact is that I agree with both Chris and Krogoth, I found I disagreed with them as well, morever I found Eriks post marginally offensive. Rather than argue my thoughts about each of these fine participants point of view, I will simply state mine.

There can be no anonymity regarding the government, they will find out who you are if they want to. There is no anonymity when it comes to the government and their ability to extract information from our usage of the internet. There is only anonymity among the community by not using your real name. Most of us will use our real names when registering with the site, but probably not initially with our screen names. This is only natural, most of us enjoy picking a screen name to personify an alter ego or something we admire within ourselves. Not everyone picks a pseudoname for the sake of anonymity.

I see no problem with those who wish to remain anonymous within the community. If most of us met in person (I mean a casual occurence) we would probably introduce ourselves to eachother using our first names or even nick names, if a conversation really clicked well then we might exchange contact information and full names. So the full name would not really matter. Chris and crew know who we are because of our registration.

However, my real point here is this. The real power of any movement or cause comes from the risk the participants take personally by being a part of the group. This is what the power of using your real name gives a group. How much power does a petition to overturn a government proposal have if it is signed with pseudnames? none. That is what I respect about Chris's request.

What I do not respect is that anyone should feel shamed for not using their real name or choosing not to take that risk. Each person chooses their level of risk and no one should be made to feel lessened or ashamed for choosing not to. What Chris wants to do is lead a cause backed by real tangible people that can be counted on legitimately.

So I will choose to use my real name on this site. I prefer my pseudoname for personal reasons. But if using my real name gives Chris's cause more momentum because its use gives the cause legitimacy then so it shall be. Only if I disagree with the direction of Chris's cause would my name be retracted. However, I will not take pride, nor shame in the use of my real name, or place that perspective or pressure on anyone else's choice to do so or not to do so. It is simply what it is.

My sincere apologies if offense was given, especially on a potentially closed subject. I thank and respect all of you for supporting what I believe in and what you believe in, that common and shared belief being the  'Crash-Course.' I would challenge us all to let that be the uniting ideal in our endeavors to spread the word and the truth that our nation and the world must hear.

Thank-you.

Treah's picture
Treah
Re: With all due respect

Thank you, Gabriel! Your excellent comment reflects my feelings entirely (As a result, I, too, have changed my username from "jewelbuddy" to my actual name). After reading the interchange between Krogoth & Erik yesterday, I was about to email Chris & say, "Let's get rid of these adolescent, ego-driven  exchanges". They contribute NOTHING to the message of the site & are quite tiresome. In our future society, we will need to cooperate, listen & share with each other, putting aside any of our own "need to be right", & coming together to do some real work. Is this possible?

Golden Age's picture
Golden Age

Respect is not a word in common use today. 

The internet has created a community that is world wide and for the most part, annonymous.  The use of our names or a screen name doesn't change this fact.  Unless you announce the fact, you can live anywhere in the world and most of us will assume you are an American when you are posting on a message board. 

Many of us have become paranoid about our government.  I too am concerned about the growing power our government is assuming.  What is the alternative?  I do not see an alternative.  

Political correctness is of the devil.   If I am boarding an airplane, I don't want to see some 80 year old woman searched for bombs, I want the Muslim, between the ages of 14 and 35 searched. 

We are living in a world today that has become very dangerous.  Unless you have been living in a vacuum, you know about the terrorism in Mumbai, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Israel, London, etc.   I want my government to have all the resources necessary to prevent that happening here.  Some will say that is an invasion of privacy.  Personally, I value my life and the lives of my family more than I value my privacy.

Annonymity.  It doesn't exist.  Our social security number has become a national identity number.  We cannot open an account at a bank without it.  Apply for a loan and the SS# is required.  Most transactions require our SS#.  The IRS can freeze your bank acount and seal your safety deposit box if they want to. 

They can read our emails and listen to our phone calls.  Know what?  I don't care.  If that ability will help prevent a terrorist attack, I am all for it. 

That's my opinion and I make no appology for saying so.

castlewp's picture
castlewp

The problem is that they have got you confused as to who the real terrorists are.   

jrf29's picture
jrf29

Perhaps this discussion ought to be happening down in the topic that was already created for it.

Amy Selmer's picture
Amy Selmer

Jumping in to say, basically, "Yeah, that."  I totally agree with you, Gabriel.  Certainly my screen name (Squrrl) wasn't chosen with the intent to hide from the government or even from the internet community.  It's just the nick I use online...for everything, public and private, with people I'll never meet and people I see regularly.  If it serves a purpose, I'm perfectly happy to use my real name, and so I've switched to a real name and picture.  This is a cause I'm happy to stand up and be counted for, even though, as the picture shows, I do have things to protect.  Chris' whole purpose is to spread this knowledge far and wide so that we aren't a minority, but rather a majority with the power to affect real change.  That means that we need to watch what we say and be as visibly open and above-board as possible, and not give in to fear or anger any more than we can help (and we are provoked, oh, I admit it, we are amply provoked).  So I don't think it'll make any difference to how I post, but here I am, this is the name that I don't get to pick. :-P

Golden Age's picture
Golden Age
castlewp wrote:

The problem is that they have got you confused as to who the real terrorists are.   

OK, I'm confused.  Unconfuse me. 

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

greenspan, cheney, bush, frank, pelosi,paulson,geithner, summers, obama, biden,dodd, bernanke,chertoff,rice,rumsfeld, halliburton, bechtel, george schultz, david orckefeller etal., kashkari, chicago school of economics,limbaugh oreilly, hannity,

the wall street journal, ny times , time magazine,disney,viacom,murdoch,emanuel, cfr, trilateral commission, clinton squared, time warner etc. imf, world bank bis, etc. etc. etc.

just the short list but that should do for a start if you need more to remove your confusion look at congress next.

they may not scare you but they TERRIFY me

just another paranoid conspiracy theorist

joe2baba

real name withheld to protect the guilty

castlewp's picture
castlewp
Golden Age wrote:
castlewp wrote:

Goden Age here is something you may want to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy9JCDchk34 

MarkM's picture
MarkM
joe2baba wrote:

greenspan, cheney, bush, frank, pelosi,paulson,geithner, summers, obama, biden,dodd, bernanke,chertoff,rice,rumsfeld, halliburton, bechtel, george schultz, david orckefeller etal., kashkari, chicago school of economics,limbaugh oreilly, hannity,

the wall street journal, ny times , time magazine,disney,viacom,murdoch,emanuel, cfr, trilateral commission, clinton squared, time warner etc. imf, world bank bis, etc. etc. etc.

just the short list but that should do for a start if you need more to remove your confusion look at congress next.

joe2baba

Amen, your list causes me far more concern for my personal well being than any "terrorist organization" currently in the news. 

mred's picture
mred

Paraphrasing Franklin:

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

castlewp's picture
castlewp

Just like the "War on Drugs", the "War on Terror" is a ruse.

Doug's picture
Doug
joe2baba wrote:

joe2baba

So, who are the good guys?  It must be a pretty small number.

castlewp's picture
castlewp

Not many in our Government with a few exceptions like Ron Paul 

Golden Age's picture
Golden Age
castlewp wrote:
Golden Age wrote:
castlewp wrote:

Goden Age here is something you may want to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy9JCDchk34 

That was an interesting hour spent watching Youtube.  So Chaney is who I thought he was or Ruppert would have been in jail by now.  Peak oil is on this web site.  The one thing I disagree with is that the "elephant" is not behind us. 

I have one advantage over most of you because of my age.  I grew up when most of us had to provide for ourselves, growing or making what we needed to provide the necessities.  I've been there.  I am sad for this generation and your parents generation because you haven't had to do without, scratching and clawing to get by.  My children, my grandchildren and my great-grandchildren are of these generations.  I can deal with it but I'm not sure how they are going to handle it.  I have tried to warn them but they are not listening. 

castlewp's picture
castlewp

Michael Ruppert wrote a book Crossing the Rubicon and is in the Harvard Library.  He was with the LAPD Narcotics and exposed the CIA in public of their drug dealings.  I recommend this book. He was so on the everything that they were doing and almost killed him. They threatened him and

ran him out of the country for a few years.  He is back now and has an great blog at mikeruppert.blogspot.com

But to get back to your original post, the US has staged false flag events throughout history and this scare tactic of the Terrorists was nothing but to get us in a 2 wars and limit our liberties.  Now with the economy imploding they are preparing for civil unrest by deploying the military here in the US.  No more posse cumitatas.  Get ready 

I recognize that there real terrorists out there but most terrorist events are staged like the one we just had in Mumbai.  That is what is scary! 

Michael Höhne's picture
Michael Höhne

I watched the first part of this video and now have a better understanding why many people want to stay anonymous, even if they don't trust the video itself. What kind of world is that we are living in?

Golden Age's picture
Golden Age
Michael Höhne wrote:

I watched the first part of this video and now have a better understanding why many people want to stay anonymous, even if they don't trust the video itself. What kind of world is that we are living in?

It is a far different world and America, than I grew up in Michael.  America was founded on Christian principles and now today, it is illegal to post the 10 Commandments in our public buildings.  Our democracy is going the way of dependence on the govt instead of the God of the Bible.

The eight sequences of a democracy.

About the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution, in
1787, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of
Edinburgh, had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some
2000 years prior:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a
permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until
the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from
the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for
the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury,
with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose
fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."
"The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations from the beginning
of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these
nations always progressed through the following sequence:

1. From bondage to spiritual faith;
2. From spiritual faith to great courage;
3. From courage to liberty;
4. From liberty to abundance;
5. From abundance to complacency;
6. From complacency to apathy;
7. From apathy to dependence;
8. From dependence back into bondage "

Futuo's picture
Futuo

Tyler seems to have been all too correct...

ckessel's picture
ckessel
castlewp wrote:

Not many in our Government with a few exceptions like Ron Paul 

I hazard a guess that before this is over it is likely to be those that were able to see the truth of the situation and do some thing about it in a last ditch effort to salvage a society. That would include those on this site among others who share a similar purpose.

The situation we find ourselves in is really not that far off of what our forefathers faced in the 1770s.  Remember that England was the dominant force on the planet and had argueably the greatest military machine the world had seen. The oposition was remote, had control of the military and economic machines and was mobile. 

The bigger they are the harder they fall. Watch your head as the boom is dropping!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments