About six months ago, Chris said . . .

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lemonyellowschwin's picture
Lemonyellowschwin
About six months ago, Chris said . . .

. . . .that the US banking system was collectively insolvent.  I remember, because I was on vacation at the time.

Now there is virtually no doubt that this is true.  Check out this article from the WSJ tonight:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123319689681827391.html

It's really quite amazing.  A trillion or two?  "Borrow" from the Federal Reserve?  I suppose that's true.  The Federal Reserve may be the only entity with any "money."  The government will just going to go to the alchemist and order up some money.

Can this be happening?  Our economy is getting all twisted and distorted out of shape like a person in a mirror at a funhouse carnival.

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat
Re: About six months ago, Chris said . . .

exponential money is writhing in its death throes. Probably the only reason that the markets behavior in anything akin to a "normal" fashion is because of a lot of action behind the scenes. The leaders are not as dumb as we think they are they know that the system will need to be replaced. I think Obama was pushed so hard because it was believed that he would be a great vehicle to deliver this change to the American people. His rhetorical skills certainly have a lot of people excited. Make no doubt that a new system will come about before too long. Unless the people take a strong stand for an equitable system, you can bet that the banksters will be creating something that is to their benefit and not ours.

Social and economic control is what a government and banking elite will want in a world where resources are fast being depleted. 

nkdroth's picture
nkdroth

Hey Mike.....Agreed...We are watching it unfold...interesting times eh??

yoshhash's picture
yoshhash

I can't remember who said this on another thread, but I have to echo it here- good or bad, I can hardly believe I'm alive to watch such an amazing turn of events.

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat
Mike Pilat wrote:

The leaders are not as dumb as we think they are they know that the system will need to be replaced. I think Obama was pushed so hard because it was believed that he would be a great vehicle to deliver this change to the American people. His rhetorical skills certainly have a lot of people excited. Make no doubt that a new system will come about before too long. Unless the people take a strong stand for an equitable system, you can bet that the banksters will be creating something that is to their benefit and not ours.

Social and economic control is what a government and banking elite will want in a world where resources are fast being depleted. 

Thank you for writing this, Mike. What a breath of fresh air. It actually makes me feel optimistic and hopeful to read it. Ha!

I'm so tired of people claiming how dumb the world's leaders are and that they have no idea what's going on. They know exactly what's going on and the reason they do things that leave most sensible people like the ones on this site nonplussed is that they do things for themselves -- for their own power and wealth -- and not the long-term well-being of the citizenries and markets they supposedly represent and/or protect. I just can't swallow the argument that things happen due to incompetency or coincidence anyone. That's simply wishful thinking most of the time.

And it does at times feel as if Obama was "installed" as a pop icon at a time of great crisis to pacify the masses and make "change you can't believe is happening" more palatable or to even seem noble. I'm not claiming this but only pointing out that it couldn't have been scripted better.

scepticus's picture
scepticus

"Social and economic control is what a government and banking elite will want in a world where resources are fast being depleted. "

This has become more difficult to arrange recently. Firstly the parameters required for economic growth dissappearing - requiring a new economic system which uses a method other than debt to control people. This requires change.

Unlike in the past, we now have the internet, which cannot be easily censored - and most everyone knows how to us it. Secondly, the economy is now global, so any change that benefits the elite will have to be replicated world wide if it is to last. You can bet the elite in china, russia, middle east and so forth are not the same as the elite in the west. Who will come out on top?

This makes it alot more difficult for the powers that be to arrange things to their liking this time.

Now if you believe in the illuminati then you'll probably see the fingerprints of the new world order on everything, including the internet. Personally, I think the internet would be a stupid thing to come up with if you wanted to co-erce people into a system not to their advantage. Consequently I don't believe in an international multigenerational conspiracy.

The whole point about sweeping change of the kind that is unfolding now is that one elite gives way to another. The old elite was banking and money. I suspect that the new elite will be a kind of technocracy that control access to:

- energy generation

- natural resources 

- information

that is, in the 20th century, money talked. In the 21st, it will be the above. The elite in 100 years are unlikely to be the same crowd. There will always be an elite, because that is how human nature works.   

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments