About the current movement

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
No_Fiat's picture
No_Fiat
About the current movement

It just seems to me that after years of wishing and hoping for a movement to get started concerning the state of our economy, I am almost in a fog as I see things start to unfold. I wish our people in the movement the best of luck and success in seeing this through. I want the American dream back!

deggleton's picture
deggleton
Which One?
No_Fiat wrote:

I wish our people in the movement the best of luck and success in seeing this through. I want the American dream back!

There have been at least two dreams.  As I understand it, it was the children will have a better life than we have had.  It became own our home, after a campaign by the real estate industry, post-WWI, concurrent with introduction of the concept of lifestyle.

land2341's picture
land2341
deggleton wrote: No_Fiat
deggleton wrote:
No_Fiat wrote:

I wish our people in the movement the best of luck and success in seeing this through. I want the American dream back!

There have been at least two dreams.  As I understand it, it was the children will have a better life than we have had.  It became own our home, after a campaign by the real estate industry, post-WWI, concurrent with introduction of the concept of lifestyle.

I think this is an overly simplistic view of what constitutes the American Dream.  Home ownership was only a slice of it,  the lifestyle bit was another slice,  but the biggest flavor was the ability to live in a country where you had two freedoms: Freedom to make your own decisions and do what you wanted with your won life  AND freedom from oppression by other forces BOTH GOVERNMENT AND MONOPOLY  or even neighbors with bigger guns or bigger pockets than yours.

It's that last piece I want back.....  I want a country where the laws apply equally to everyone.  Where the government does not tell me what to do with my body or in my bedroom but can keep arms of the government or businesses from steam rolling over me and controlling my elected officials.

land2341's picture
land2341
accidental double post. Mea culpa
deggleton wrote:
No_Fiat wrote:

tom.'s picture
tom.
we can still have the dream ...

as long as we realize it's just a dream ... different for everyone of course

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments