Cash, Negative Interest RAtes, Gold, Capital Controls, and C.S Lewis

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
denrgj's picture
denrgj
Cash, Negative Interest RAtes, Gold, Capital Controls, and C.S Lewis

Theory:

1. Negative rates will be in the USA in 5-18 months. WE are being condition right now, with the  barrage of quotes and actions - Yellen 'we'll keep Neg. Rates on the table...but have no intention of using them...and are they even legal?' Or Japan going Negative all the way out to their 10 year 'treasury'...after vehemently saying we are not going to go Negative. Etc.

2. Citizens cannot understand nor tolerate negative rates.  They will simply take all the cash out of their accounts.

3. The .Gov knows this, and therefore must prohibit it...but do so in a 'palatable' way. Such as an all digital 'Cashless' currency such as Morgan Stanley (and many other Central banks, and sovereign nations) suggested recently:

Or as Bloomberg reported 3 days ago:

"Cash had a pretty good run for 4,000 years or so. These days, though, notes and coins increasingly seem declasse: They're dirty and dangerousunwieldy and expensive, antiquated and so very analog.

Sensing this dissatisfaction, entrepreneurs have introduced hundreds of digital currencies in the past few years, of which bitcoin is only the most famous. Now governments want in: The People's Bank of China says it intends to issue a digital currency of its own. Central banks in Ecuador, the Philippines, the U.K. and Canada are mulling similar ideas. At least one company has sprung up to help them along."

4. So, we 'must' have Negative Rates as the whole world knows (insanity).  It's the 'new Normal' - even though it has Never happened in the History of the world.

5. In this way, your bank can digitally 'Add' negative rate consequences to your account at the prevailing rate with impunity. Meaning every day/week/month the bank simply deletes 'x'. You have no say in it, it just happens.

6.  It is just a small step to the .gov doing the same thing through you bank account - we can 'bail-in' your bank, and you can't do a thing. We can charge a one time US Gov't. 'Solvency recovery fee', or a 'Carbon Tax' of some sort. Etc. "You have exceeded your allotment of Gasoline this month or food etc. come back in 9 days, etc."

7. Now, people would say 'I won't put up with this. I'm going to buy land or gold/silver.' Etc. The Gov. Would know this, track this, as ALL transactions are now instantly tracked and track able

8. Again, the .Gov is a couple steps ahead on this.  They don't confiscate the gold/silver they just outlaw the trade or exchange of it.  This will of course be done "for the good of the citizens of the USA" or some such bunk.

9. C.S. Lewis said of Jesus and I am paraphrasing here 'He is either the Son of God as he says He is, or he is a stark raving lunatic worthy of being put away'.  Like wise. I am either the must manically delusional and conspiratorial man on the planet...or this is happening as I type this.

In conclusion, we're entering a 'cashless' global world, where all transactions are now in some to be named digital currency, that is global in nature, and tracked every second. Gold would be 'outlawed'...distopian? Paranoid?

If the above were true, including the inability (other than via the black market. I.E. - Illegally) to use 'old Money' - Dollars, Gold, Silver, barter - What would you do? The building is on fire, and in my view all the exits are sealed. BTW - remember the PayPal Super Bowl Commercial saying old dirty money was for old, un-hip, Neanderthals? New money is PayPal, digital, 'cashless' etc.

Remember, the 'mark of the beast' means unless you take this mark (digital number, credit card, cell phone, chip, Mark') one will not be able to eat, do business "“And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.” Rev. 13:17

Enough for now.  What are your thoughts, and Where is their an exit short of total Self-sufficiency?

dryam2000's picture
dryam2000
Control via fiat

Control via fiat.  That pretty much sums it up.

thc0655's picture
thc0655
I see it coming too

I agree with you that we are currently being conditioned for a cashless world with negative interest rates and absolute govt tracking and control of our complete financial lives. I'm mulling my options and positioning. It wouldn't be wise to say anymore than that in this kind of forum wink

I'm with you also re: "the mark of the beast."

Arthur Robey's picture
Arthur Robey
We are all going to own the World.

Negative interest rates means that the banks pay you to borrow. 

$1000 @ -10% means at the end of the year you owe the bank $900 if you pay back zippo. 

I'm still trying to figure out how to compound negative interest rates.  But why bother? Why not just compound yourself to infinity and buy the world? And then lie back and have nubile young maidens feed you grapes?

I can't see anything wrong with that.

There is an article on the subject at ZH.

this HTML class. Value is http://www.zerohedge

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-02-14/negative-mortgage-rate-program

Luke Moffat's picture
Luke Moffat
A few talking points

My position - purely electronic currency requires continuous energy supply to make transactions. Please consider Rolling Blackouts;

Quote:

A rolling blackout, also referred to as rotational load shedding or feeder rotation, is an intentionally engineered electrical power shutdown where electricity delivery is stopped for non-overlapping periods of time over different parts of the distribution region. Rolling blackouts are a last-resort measure used by an electric utility company to avoid a total blackout of the power system. They are a type of demand response for a situation where the demand for electricity exceeds the power supply capability of the network. Rolling blackouts may be localised to a specific part of the electricity network or may be more widespread and affect entire countries and continents. Rolling blackouts generally result from two causes: insufficient generation capacity or inadequate transmission infrastructure to deliver sufficient power to the area where it is needed.

Two issues I'd raise;

1) Do we see Rolling Blackouts becoming more or less common going forward?

2) Do we think Rolling Blackouts will inhibit people's ability to trade using purely digital currency, and thus erode their confidence in it?

I still don't think that our architects understand their own operating system. Fundamentally it is a system of energy, not credit. Credit was just issued to harness the energy, and enslave several billion people along the way...

Personally, I'm not worried about a global, cashless society anymore than I'm concerned about a one world totalitarian government - the energy required to meet the needs will not be available. Sure, they'll try, but then they'll hit the limits of the system.

Thoughts?

Oliveoilguy's picture
Oliveoilguy
Be diverse and be nimble

Good post Denrgj!

So ...how to prepare?  Move away from money and keep your savings in tangible assets. Try to keep less and less money in your bank and more in your pantry and solar array and your gardens etc. It's all incremental. Take baby steps in the right direction with every decision you make. Be diverse and be nimble.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments