Peter Schiff’s Father Dies In Prison, Shackled To A Hospital Bed

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Peter Schiff’s Father Dies In Prison, Shackled To A Hospital Bed

From http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-19/peter-schiff%E2%80%99s-father-dies-prison-shackled-hospital-bed

Most of you will be quite familiar with Peter Schiff. Fewer of you will know much about his father, Irwin Schiff, who was posthumously referred to as the “grandfather of the contemporary tax protest movement” in Forbes.

Irwin was treated very poorly by his own country, particularly toward the end of his life when, despite being legally blind and dying of cancer, he was not permitted to die in peace amongst family members.

His son Peter wrote the following as a tribute:

My father Irwin A. Schiff was born Feb. 23rd 1928, the 8th child and only son of Jewish immigrants, who had crossed the Atlantic twenty years earlier in search of freedom. As a result of their hope and courage my father was fortunate to have been born into the freest nation in the history of the world.  But when he passed away on Oct. 16th, 2015 at the age of 87, a political prisoner of that same nation, legally blind and shackled to a hospital bed in a guarded room in intensive care, the free nation he was born into had itself died years earlier...

Wow, this is what justice looks like in the US now. 

My condolences, Peter.

KugsCheese's picture
KugsCheese
pinecarr wrote: From
pinecarr wrote:

From http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-19/peter-schiff%E2%80%99s-father-dies-prison-shackled-hospital-bed

Most of you will be quite familiar with Peter Schiff. Fewer of you will know much about his father, Irwin Schiff, who was posthumously referred to as the “grandfather of the contemporary tax protest movement” in Forbes.

Irwin was treated very poorly by his own country, particularly toward the end of his life when, despite being legally blind and dying of cancer, he was not permitted to die in peace amongst family members.

His son Peter wrote the following as a tribute:

My father Irwin A. Schiff was born Feb. 23rd 1928, the 8th child and only son of Jewish immigrants, who had crossed the Atlantic twenty years earlier in search of freedom. As a result of their hope and courage my father was fortunate to have been born into the freest nation in the history of the world.  But when he passed away on Oct. 16th, 2015 at the age of 87, a political prisoner of that same nation, legally blind and shackled to a hospital bed in a guarded room in intensive care, the free nation he was born into had itself died years earlier...

Wow, this is what justice looks like in the US now. 

My condolences, Peter.

Ask the black man what justice has looked like since late 1980's and ridiculous drug laws.

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Touche KC!!

I can't argue with that!  It is strange for someone like me to think of what you are saying from my context...to realize that what is a relatively "new" discovery to me is something that a large segment of the population has known and dealt with for a long time.  The force behind the injustice may be different, but it's injustice all the same.

Dieter Benz's picture
Dieter Benz
Police State Claims Latest Victim

U.S. Bureau of Prisons assassinates one of America's greatest heroes. Here's another article on this loss for America: http://restlessboomers.com/irwin-schiff-1928-2015/

RIP Irwin Schiff.

Michael_Rudmin's picture
Michael_Rudmin
RIp indeed. Yet...

... Whether we are talking about Benson (The Law that Never Was) or Schiff...

You can be absolutely right that the King is stealing from his subjects. Yet if you threaten his income, he takes it as you threatening his life, and he will spare no effort to publicly destroy you.

You can say "unconstitutional" all you want, and be absolutely right. But the Constitution only means what the powerful want it to mean.

It is oneof the reasons (vote fraud / manipulation /control being the other) that although I vote, I specifically deny that the evil of my government's actions have any authorization from me. They do what they want to do: that's all.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments