Nicole Foss: Wonderful interview on Peak Oil, Financial Crisis and Resilience

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Nicole Foss: Wonderful interview on Peak Oil, Financial Crisis and Resilience

PeakOil.com has a wonderful long interview with Nicole Foss.   It is like being schooled on the 3Es!

http://peakoil.com/consumption/nicole-foss-interview-on-peak-oil-financial-crisis-resilience/comment-page-1#comment-163476

Listening to Nicole Foss reminds me of listening to Chris; it is a real treat to listen to someone who is so intelligent and informed that they can fluidly discuss their thoughts and insights on the 3Es.  Nicole also spends a lot of time talking about how to become more resilient as we move forward into a future impacted by the limits of growth.  Well-worth the listen!

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
I should add...

Per PeakOil.com, this  interview with Nicole Foss of The Automatic Earth is "from the upcoming documentary A Simpler Way: Crisis as Opportunity".

MAV's picture
MAV
Thank you for posting

Great video so far, I have 30 minutes left to watch.

She says this was being filmed in March.  Any idea when the documentary will be available?

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Documentary release set for April 2016

Hi MAV-

I wasn't sure when the documentary was due to be released, either, and so checked around.  Per a blurb I found on Automatic Earth, it looks like it is coming out in April of 2016:

This almost 2-hour long interview was recorded in Samuel Alexander‘s backyard in a Melbourne suburb in April 2015. Part of it is slated to be used in a documentary called “A Simpler Way: Crisis as Opportunity”, written and produced by Jordan Osmond and Samuel Alexander. The documentary is set for release in April 2016. (Kudos for picture and sound quality, guys!)

Reference: http://www.theautomaticearth.com/2015/07/interview-nicole-foss-for-a-simpler-way-crisis-as-opportunity/

I look forward to seeing it!

MAV's picture
MAV
Too bad we have to wait so long

But I will still be interested.

Nicole Foss is very smart.  Her synapses are firing.

Wish I could express myself that clearly.

steamengenius's picture
steamengenius
Another recent Nicole Foss discussion

Here's something I came across recently - I don't typically follow Collapse Cafe but I look for new Nicole Foss talks once in a while.  This is Part 4 of the discussion that also includes Gail Tverberg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qe6-_cTdzk  (fine as audio-only)

Part 4 goes in-depth specifically about the power grid.  This part as well as Parts 1 and 2 were recorded in August, and it looks like Part 3 will be or was recorded at a later time.  

A very impressive, in-depth discussion!

InfiniteSelf33's picture
InfiniteSelf33
Thanks Pinecarr

Great interview. I'll be sharing with others.

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Thanks for additional Nicole Foss links, steamengenius

I've gotten part way through one of the interviews; more to go.  Appreciate the pointers!

Collaborator.'s picture
Collaborator.
A couple more Foss links

Hi folks I am new, but thought I would try to start by adding something you are already addressing

http://www.extraenvironmentalist.com/2013/12/10/episode-70-downloading-r...

http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/nicole-foss-liquidity-crunch-depression

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Sweet! Thanks Collaborator!

It looks like you've got a couple of great finds there; thanks for sharing!  And "welcome"!!

Collaborator.'s picture
Collaborator.
Thanks pinecarr. I have

Thanks pinecarr. I have really been impressed by Chris and the podcasts in general, and am glad some discussion is going on here. I am not sure you aor others had a chance to look at extraenvironmentalists  or survivalist podcasts, but they have a lot of useful info. If you look at my profile you can see I am very interested in identifying good resources, such as podcasts, so if anyone has suggestion in that area, I would love to hear them. The survivalist podcast by Jack Spirko does not really represent my ideology, but I have always been very interested in how the conservative survivalists and the hippie permaculturalists collaborate at the local level. If you or anyone else could give me a little background as to the history of the discussion board here, such as whether there was more discussion in the past, etc, it might be helpful for me to understand what is happening. It seems like Chris and others put a lot of effort into creating this and the activity is probably disappointing for them. But hey there at least there is a heartbeat

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments