Looking for a book to help family and friends “wake up” in 2015?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
joegalt's picture
joegalt

Check out The Individual is Rising – it hits the high notes in a rational way to encourage additional discussion, introspection, and research. The book matter-of-factly explains why Social Security and Medicare, the Petro-dollar, and the fiat monetary system are unsustainable and how the “Great Reset” is unfolding all around us. The book also lays out the fallacies of the public educational system, mainstream finance, and the modern 'just-in-time' logistics system while presenting some basic individual strategies for the new paradigm.

The book is available through Amazon in paperback and Kindle format: http://www.amazon.com/The-Individual-Rising-Joe-Withrow/dp/0692232745/ref=as_sl_pc_ss_til?tag=zenconomics-20&linkCode=w01&linkId=UDZXXZTVZAHBWSSS&creativeASIN=0692232745

It can also be purchased directly at http://www.theindividualisrising.com!

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
I enjoyed the medical story

JoeGalt (Joe Withrow) posts at zerohedge, TwoIceFoes and has written a book, mentioned above, that I really enjoyed, The Individual Is Rising.  But I especially enjoyed this essay about his family's home birth experience and changing the way he views then entire process of being healthy.  It mirrors my own impressions and conclusion, but is much better written than I could have done.

Changing the Script

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” – R. Buckminster Fuller

While we still carry health insurance policies in case of major emergency, we have divorced ourselves from every other aspect of the corrupt health care industry. Regular exercise and a healthy diet based mostly on paleo principles have virtually eliminated illness from our household. Natural supplements have told Big-Pharma to take a hike. We have no primary care physician nor do we fall in line to get our flu shot.

My wife gave birth to our first daughter in October... in our dining room. We completely shut out the Big Government/Big Insurance/Big Pharma health care cartel on that one.

We paid cash for midwifery services and received much more care, support, and education than we paid for when it was all said and done. Our daughter was born completely naturally without ever coming in contact with a hospital. There were no unnecessary prenatal tests or medications, no I.V.’s, no monitors, no labor-inducing drugs, no pain killers, and no invasive interventions. Upon her birth directly into her father’s hands, there were no meddlers waiting to rush our daughter off to be poked, prodded, weighed, measured, tested, vaccinated, or placed under a lamp. The only things awaiting her arrival were her mother’s loving embrace and her midwife’s gentle inspection.

The midwife made a 36-hour and then a five-day house visit to check on mother and baby and she answered numerous text messages and phone calls at weird hours during that stretch as well. As a result, mother and baby did not have to leave the comforts of their home for more than two weeks after birth. Three-week and six-week office visits that required no form-filling or waiting-room sitting completed our private contract with our midwife. Despite this, she offered to answer any questions at any time via phone or email going forward. Needless to say, there will not be any pediatricians in our daughter’s future. You just don’t go back to the cartel after such extraordinary health care service.

Catfoodgen's picture
Catfoodgen
Thom Hartman

Try: The Crash of 2015: The Plot to Destroy America — and What We Can Do to Stop It, by talk show host and writer Thom Hartman.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments