Confused about how having infinite resources would allow our economic system function (as Chris Martenson states)

1 post / 0 new
aditvakil92's picture
aditvakil92
Confused about how having infinite resources would allow our economic system function (as Chris Martenson states)

In this link : 

, at 27:03 Chris Martenson states
"If they had access to infinite resources, then our monetary and economic systems would work forever."
I do not understand how the world having infinite resources would allow the monetary and economic systems to function forever.    Let me explain:

I understand that the more resources a country has, the more it can export and the more new money it can bring it to cope with the levels of debt, but this means the country who is buying the exporting country's goods will have less money.  So, one country having more resources can allow it to bring in new money at the expense of another country.  No matter if every country/the whole world had access to infinte resources, there would be still be the exact same money shortage existing in the world.  Some countries may be able to grow their economy to cope with debt, but wouldn't this be at the expense of other countries being less able to cope with their debt, regardless of how many resources existed in the world?

I am sure I am misunderstanding.  Can somebody please help me understand where I am misunderstanding in a simple way so I can understand?  

Login or Register to post comments