Do you think they're playing us? I do.

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
treemagnet's picture
treemagnet
Do you think they're playing us? I do.

http://www.alt-market.com/articles/1806-is-america-being-deliberately-pushed-toward-civil-war

Also, I vote for a podcast with Brandon Smith - he's a great writer and knows his stuff.  I like his writing style and his ability to say complicated things concisely.  Anyway, read it and post something - personally I think he illuminates the issue nicely.

Aaron M's picture
Aaron M
Great read...

This article should be read, discussed and deeply understood by as many Americans as possible.
Cheers,
Aaron

Doug's picture
Doug
caution

I can tell you from personal experience that Brandon Smith tells his members what he wants them to hear and is not above ad hom attacks and banning from his site people who have differing opinions, even when backed up by solid evidence.  I don't consider him trustworthy.

Doug

Jim H's picture
Jim H
well written...

Doug,  please get over any past slights you have felt from this guy and judge the piece on its merits.  At a high level, I think that Brandon's points are well taken...  the false left:right dichotomy is just that... false... both parties are bought and paid for for the most part.  Very little is as it seems.  

I think we have a new Zeitgeist emerging here... other examples from today;

http://truthingold.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-us-governments-totalitarian-...

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The U.S. Government's Totalitarian Creep Is Turning Into A "Grip"

I first want to preface my remarks by saying that, although Obama has tragically and immorally failed to deliver any of the promises on which he rode into the Presidency in 2008, it's not his fault.  He is nothing but a pawn, maybe at best a bishop or rook, on the insidious chessboard of political and economic power and control that is dominated by big bank, oil, defense and other corporate interests and long time elitists like Henry Kissinger and Zbigniew Bryzezinski.  Many of the rooks and "royal" players do not have identities because they stay behind the scenes.  But many you've heard of, like Robert Rubin, George Soros and Warren Buffet.  The person who gets put in the charge of the Fed is also a lower-ranking piece on the board, like the President.  This is not about Democrats vs Republicans - that's the distraction they throw out like fish bait to deflect your attention from the real story.  Behind the scenes the big monied interests donate equally to both parties.  They don't care which party fills the seats as long as they control the votes..............

and this; http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2013/11/05/chris-christie-is-backed-by-war-... the seemingness endless sham that is the false choice between a crony, Wall Street owned Democrat and a crony, Wall Street owned Republican, political analysts are already desperately scrambling to guess who the GOP will run against establishment hack Hilary Clinton in 2016 (who was recently paid $400k by Goldman Sachs for two speeches).  In my opinion, it will be between the libertarian-leaning Rand Paul and the obese, neocon Chris Christie. Christie is already quite aware of this, and since he doesn’t really stand for anything, he recently decided to take a stand against something. That something is libertarianism, which he slammed in an irrational rant this summer in Aspen.  In case you had any doubt who the war mongering, establishment Republicans will stand with in 2016, you needn’t doubt any longer. PolicyMic just published an interesting article demonstrating that war criminal Henry Kissinger is solidly behind Chris Christie.....

treemagnet's picture
treemagnet
Interesting point

I guess I haven't found that - but I would certainly believe you that its possible.  For this piece, I was thinking more along the lines of Jim.  On its merits, perceived or otherwise, I liked the points raised, etc.  I'll keep a lookout though - thanks for the 'heads-up'. 

Aaron M's picture
Aaron M
Differing opinions

Doug,
I could see what you described in this piece. That said, there is enough in the article to show a clear and alarming trend, and he can't ban dialog here ;-)

This thread has a lot of potential to address, in a bipartisan way, the rift in ideologies and how were being preempted by a media apparatus that simply won't allow recognition. Articles like this are the most likely first step in stopping a civil war and directing our attention politically to correcting the abuses in our republic. We need a common starting point, and an understanding of how we are being tricked into infighting. This article addresses the second (though admittedly doesn't address some of the liberal strengths) and a lot of dialog could come of this.

Cheers,
Aaron

Doug's picture
Doug
Guys, I always consider the

Guys, I always consider the source.  Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.  At this point, I wouldn't believe anything he says without rock solid proof.

Doug

treemagnet's picture
treemagnet
No matter who says it

2 + 2 = 4, wise or otherwise.  Not to high-jack this thing and go into generational differences, but one thing I always notice here on PP is how my 13er "I know what I know" belief system rails into the boomers need for 'emperical evidence' take.  Don't even know if your a boomer, just used it illustrate a point.

No, as much as I'd love to fire up that debate - I'm not/won't.  Its just something I see from my perspective....alot.  Usually makes my nomad take on stuff seem less ............whatever...., to that crowd.  T4T actually mentioned it as a nomad attribute or characteristic, that's the only reason it stands out to me.  Anyway Doug, surely you see some parallels to what you see around you, or what you've witnessed in the last few years...right?

Jim H's picture
Jim H
It's not a black and white world in alt. media

Denninger makes many amazing points.. but I think he is blind on Gold.  I read Denninger every day.  Don't throw away the baby with the bathwater.  Brandon probably has his faults too... that does not make his insights any less meaningful when he puts them together in a coherent way like the piece we are discussing here.  Some people write off every word that is uttered on KWN.com.. and I think that is a waste of lots of good commentary.

This all comes down to our individual abilities to assimilate lots of sometimes conflicting data in order to assemble a worldview that will guide each of us.  Much of the conflicting data is actually propaganda... so you need to be able to filter that too.  Three smart, dedicated alt media writers (Brandon Smith, Dave Kranzler, and Michael Krieger) are looking at the same thing above.. trying to follow the strings that guide the puppets to where they may lead... this is the point.  Both of the pieces I attached mention Kissinger.. interesting, eh?        

Doug's picture
Doug
Out of respect for you guys,

Out of respect for you guys, I actually read Smith's screed.  I won't bother to analyze it as it would take way too long and too much research to document it item by item.  It's not worth the trouble.

The subject on which he called me a troll and banned me from his site was (this should come as no surprise) climate change.  Since most of you have spent some time on Mark's climate change thread and have some idea what peer reviewed science is, I'll copy Smith's most recent writing on the subject.  I'm sure you'll have no problem picking out his ill-informed claims.  I ask you how Mark, Chris or Adam would have handled it if it were posted on this site?

http://www.alt-market.com/articles/1718-worlds-top-climate-scientists-ad...

Quote:

If Climate Gate didn't silence the great global warming cult, then perhaps this will.  Climate scientists themselves now admit their calculations on global warming were WRONG, though they divert blame to glitchy computer models.  The reality is that all mainstream climate science to date has been fraudulent, and the fact that organizations like NASA and the CRU continually refuse to release the source data for their experiments to the public proves that they have been at least partially if not fully aware of the fraud.  Man-made climate change has been used as an excuse to fashion draconian environmental regulations that if implemented, will essentially tax the very air we breath, and set into motion the fantastical lie of "carbon pollution", which regards the very act of human existence as a threat to the stability of the Earth's biosphere.  It's an elitist's wet dream.  Thankfully, the Liberty Movement and legitimate researchers have exposed the scam, making the enforcement of carbon controls on a wide scale almost impossible.

Would they call him a troll and ban him, or enter into a data based discussion?  He's not interested in facts or data.  Bottom line, you can believe him if you like.  I've said my piece.

Doug

treemagnet's picture
treemagnet
Uh oh.

I happen to agree with the very quote you cited from Smith.......can we still be friends?!

Jim H's picture
Jim H
You made my point Doug....

Brandon may be totally blind to the problem of climate change... so be it..  I don't see why that negates his efforts regarding the dysfunction of our democracy.  It took me a long time to start questioning the 9/11 story I was being fed by the mainstream... we all have our blind spots from time-to-time I think.     

Ready's picture
Ready
wow...

If I could only tolerate to read those people's writing who agreed with every belief I had, I'm afraid virtually everyone on this site would be on my ignore list.

On second thought, I better stay off the net completely.

treemagnet's picture
treemagnet
Okay, try this -

Here's an author/blogger/poster - that is just short of a rock star in these parts.  Now he's got a piece here that would've aided me greatly some time back.  So, here's a piece likely to be hated around here by boomers by a guy that's loved and adored (as far as I can tell) by the 'older crowd' as long as he just talks about.....something, anything but this, in this manner - in that tone.......I can't be the only one that gets a kick outta the sweet, delicious irony.  Then again, I just might be. 

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-06/guest-post-generational-injustice-social-insecurity

Doug's picture
Doug
treemagnet wrote: I happen to
treemagnet wrote:

I happen to agree with the very quote you cited from Smith.......can we still be friends?!

Sure, most of my friends, in fact most people in this day and age, don't understand science. ;^)  Plus, you haven't called me a troll or banned me from your website.

Doug

lunableu22's picture
lunableu22
Rule of Law

After having recently seen a clip of old Bush talking about "rule of law", I have a niggling suspicion that this is just a way of making blatantly immoral issues legal.  Like robbing the world thru the banksters is legal, but growing hemp is illegal?  So murder is against the law, except when it isn't?  War, anyone?  Assault is illegal, except when it isn't?  Tasers, anyone?

Thetallestmanonearth's picture
Thetallestmanonearth
Dissensus

John Michael Greer in his new book Green Wizardry talks a lot about Dissensus.  He postulates that what we need to face an uncertain future is not consensus about the best way to move forward, but a lot of different people trying different things (dissensus).  Evolutionary process applies to human thinking and ingenuity too and none of us can say with any certainty what strategies will work going into the future.  Even if we know that someone is wrong, if they are actively seeking solutions or higher level understanding they should be encouraged.  You never know where that might lead.  I strongly believe in climate change and the risks it poses, but I try to be open to alternative ideas.  That said if someone called me a troll and banned me I'd be a little pissed too. ;-)

Mark_BC's picture
Mark_BC
The Rothschilds have taken over GATA

A couple of mostly unrelated points: firstly, regarding climate change, I always found it odd that those who "deny", "refute", whatever you want to call it, the existence of human induced climate change point out how the issue is being manipulated by TBTB to screw us all, as if this is somehow evidence that it's all a hoax (and yes, I've seen all the Climate Gate stuff and I am not at all convinced by it considering the amount of blatant corruption that goes on behind the scenes everywhere else that receives virtually no attention). It may be true that TBTB manipulates global warming in an attempt to screw us all yet again, but don't forget that TBTB manipulates EVERYTHING to screw us all. Why would climate change be any different? You can be sure that the planet's climate systems care not one bit what our central bankers do in regards to that issue; the climate is what it is.

Secondly, on a different note, and this may warrant a separate post, but Jeff Neilsen has just alleged that GATA has been taken over by the Rothschilds. His claim seems wildly fantastic at first, but upon further consideration it may have merit. I have to say, the more I learn about how the world works, the less surprised and skeptical I am of these crazy conspiracy theories, because they seem to offer the only explanations that can provide ... an explanation. This topic goes along with this thread since TBTB would like nothing better than attention to be diverted away from themselves and instead focused on contrived, banal left vs. right warfare.

http://www.bullionbullscanada.com/gold-commentary/26446

westcoastjan's picture
westcoastjan
nice find Mark

This info is not surprising in the least. It merely gives that much more credence to that which many of us already suspect... power is the most potent and addictive drug of all. Those who would have it will stomp on those who in their way, regardless of their station in society. Does anyone really doubt that?

Mark_BC's picture
Mark_BC
Just to make it clear, I am

Just to make it clear, I am not saying whether or not I think Jeff is right in his claims; I really have no idea. Just bringing the topic up. Has he gone off the deep end or discovered how far the tendrils of control extend? On a broader topic, this may start some conversation about how far the conspiracy theories go towards explaining reality versus crossing the line into paranoia.

westcoastjan's picture
westcoastjan
read the book and agree with the premise

Dissensus is another word for brainstorming or, alternatively, thinking outside of the box. The more ideas of how we can get out of this mess, the better! One (or more) of them is bound to work - or at the very least, help.

I believe JMG is on the right track, as is CM, as is many of us here. There is no one right solution, but a combination of many great ideas - which is basically what this site is - is where we will find our answers. I am certain of that. Plus, a healthy reverence for our planet, as Treebeard consistently encourages us to do.

Jan

RNcarl's picture
RNcarl
Nonsense

Well,

Perhaps I have just given up. I coughed up the pill again.

TPTB will do whatever they want. Those of us here posting, well.... we are not in any way shape or form TPTB.

Is the system "rigged?" My answer to that is, "Well - Duh!"

Do I think "they" are playing us? I never - ever thought "they" weren't.

To the homesteaders, if the gooberment wants your land, "they" will simply take it.

To the bitcoin folks.... All I can say is, "Really? Seriously?"

The ACA? First, it NEVER went far enough to be useful. IF it fails, (and it will) - It won't be because it couldn't work... it will be because the "special interests" won't let it work.

Someone somewhere has done a great job of centering the blame at Obama (don't get me wrong, Obama is a tool) and not where it should be placed. An insurance company does NOT have to cancel ANY contract they don't want to cancel. They do so to either protect their "risk" (read profit). Why is the outrage not being directed at the corporatists that want to continue to steal from the persons they have entered into a contract to support? And the "law" allows them to cancel their contractual obligations?

Pplluuuueezzeeee!!!

Folks, if the U.S. "fails" none of us here can stop it. All of the bloggers in the world, sitting in their underwear typing away on keyboards in their mother's basement won't (can't) change it.

I have been called a boomer and there is no way on god's green earth that i am old enough. The "first" boomers aren't "just" hitting retirement, the last round is "just" entering retirement age. The only problem is, most can't afford to retire because they have been robbed over the last few decades. Robbed of their savings, robbed of their earnings, and robbed by the ponzi schemes of "retirement" accounts. The irony of it all is, what they did get in return, was a longer life expectancy - Now ain't that a "kick-in-the-teeth!" They get to live longer with less to live on, and not enough energy to work to earn more.

Here is something to chew on. What if, what if the reason the "can is being kicked down the road" is because the "hope" is that when the goat called the "boomers" going through the Anaconda of the economy finally passes through to the other end and it's bulge "disappears" - will it will allow the Anaconda to escape the trap (returning the economy to "normal")

The problem is, like the Anaconda who couldn't resist the goat tied in the center or the concentric circles of stakes placed just close enough together to allow the hungry snake in, the greedy banksters of the world couldn't resist the "bulge" that the boomers created going into the economy on the front side. Now, the snake is trapped, bulging from the excesses of eating the entire goat. Swallowing it whole, the Anaconda is left to be caught and turned into several pairs of snake skin boots. And what of the goat? Well, we all know what happens to him. What is that called that comes out the other end of a snake?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments