as ye sow, so shall ye reap

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
ao's picture
ao
as ye sow, so shall ye reap

Excellent overview article on the E of Economy for doubters by Paul Craig Roberts, former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy.

http://paulcraigroberts.org/2013/10/23/ye-sow-shall-ye-reap-paul-craig-r...

From the start:

"Americans, even well-informed ones, don’t know all of the mistakes made by neoconized and corrupted Washington in the past two decades. However, enough is known to see that the US has lost economic and political power, and that the loss is irreversible.

The economic cost of this lost will be born by what remains of the middle class and the increasingly poverty-stricken lower class. The one percent will have offshore gold holdings and large sums of money in foreign currencies and other foreign assets to see them through."

From the end:

"I said that if jobs offshoring continued, the US would be a third world economy in 20 years."''''

"  ....  Indeed, I think we are already there."

Nervous Nelly's picture
Nervous Nelly
This Force has been assembled to deal with starving & homeless

http://Republicans will blame the budget deficit on welfare and entitlements, and if those are cut consumer spending will decline further, widening the budget deficit. Inflation will rise as incomes fall, and social cohesion will break down. Now you know why Homeland Security purchased 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition, enough ammunition to fight the Iraq war for 12 years, has its own para-military force and 2,700 tanks. If you think the “terrorist threat” in America warrants a domestic armed force of this size, you are out of your mind.

This force has been assembled to deal with starving and homeless people in the streets of America.

Thanks ao for that clear article. I highlighted what truly caught my attention. That's what's scary and 99% of the population here in America has never experienced the realities of a collapsing country. I'm too young but the fear and horror was instilled in me by my parents. My father's grandparents stayed in Austria and lived through the first WW,  hyperinflation and the second WW. All my father's father's four siblings also stayed in Austria and none had kids ( the future didn't look good enough to procreate). I presume there were a lot of letters going back and forth describing the sufferings. It turns my stomach into a knot of anxiety. I worry for my kids. Canada will not be spared. We will be dragged down with the Titanic.

NN

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments