Resilience and the Rockefeller Foundation

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
ao's picture
ao
Resilience and the Rockefeller Foundation

For me, this falls under the category of "question everything".  If you look at the history of what the Rockefeller Foundation has supported in the past and how those areas have been "morphed" to the advantage of the elite, you begin to wonder about the origins of the formal consideration of the whole concept of resilience, and more importantly, where the concept of resilience is headed ... or being directed.  

Here's the Rockefeller Foundation web page on resilience.

http://www.rockefellerfoundation.org/our-work/current-work/resilience

The first question I have to ask myself when seeing this is, "What's in it for them?"  While known as a philanthropic organization, virtually every philanthropic gesture they have ever made has ultimately provided some form of return to them ... in multiples. 

So here's a question that I'm going to pose for some debate.  On this site, resilience is uniformly considered as something positive.  But there is a yin and a yang to everything.  Is there a negative aspect or "dark side" to resilience?

Is it possible that by focusing on resilience, we shift more into a defensive mode than an offensive mode? 

Make no mistake about it, we are in a war, in a variety of ways.  And wars are never won by taking a defensive position.  Is there an aspect to resilience that subtly shifts us towards resignation of sorts and away from revolution?

Any thoughts on the subject?

P.S.  Flame suit on.  And FWIW, except for robie robinson and perhaps a few of others, I'd match my resiliency status with the best of them so let's not waste words on that issue. 

Bankers Slave's picture
Bankers Slave
Rockefeller

Just like the state. The enemy of the people and never to be trusted.

Ready's picture
Ready
The dark side

is pretty plain to see. Once you get fully engaged in resilience in it's many forms, it's easy to fall into the trap of feeling superior to those who dismiss you, and the next step is to wish for the "shift" so you can say I told you so. 

In this way, the folks that are the most prepared for it are also the ones least likely to resist it.

If you let it become your identity, it will color the way you see everything around you, not always to your benefit.

Broad strokes and all, I'm sure you get my meaning. 

I'd love to compare preps sometime! Oh, wait, there I go feeling superior again. Damn.

RogerA's picture
RogerA
Its about control.

If you spend some time reading conspiracy stuff you will sooner or later understand their modus operandi. If you go in and read the details on the different projects you will see it. They always want to take personal power and responsibility away from you. Let the state or some authorithy take care of the resiliency, you do not have to do much, or just what some communityleader tells you (join the community).  In one example - Surat, just wait for an sms on your phone.

There is no creativity. The same old over and over again, they are persistent but so are mosquitoes (another parasite). I want to emphasize this one more time. Its always about personal power and responsibility, you will want to keep it and not give it away, because you will also give away your energy. And energy (lifeforce) is everything.

Besides you can guess where the money goes.

ao's picture
ao
kudos to the prepmeister

Ready,

I'd forgotten about you, not having seen a post from you in a while.  From what I've seen on here, I put you in robie's category ... a prepmeister par excellence.  I bow to your superior preparedness, so you can go right ahead feeling superior, lol.  It's justified.

I stopped posting about certain preps and related steps we've been taking quite a while ago for reasons I'm sure you can surmise.

Ready's picture
Ready
fellow squirrels

ao,

I genuinely was not looking for kudos. Sure I've done a few things and squirreled away some nuts, but I think the point here is that it is easy to:

1 - Have a (potentially false) sense of security

2 - Become consumed by the latest news of doom and gloom

3 - Dig in and prep prep prep to the deficit of other facets of your life

4 - Realize the thing you feared never came to pass. You had more time to approach things logically

5 - Repeat steps 1 - 4

The dark side is fear. A powerful motivator. Often, not in our best interests from personal experience.

Having been at this prep thing for over 6 years now, I can honestly say I wish I had it to do over again. I would do less prep targeted towards some vacuous collapse scenario I have built in my feeble little mind and double my efforts in strengthening bonds with my family and friends and for example unplugging from the supermarket completely. Focus on the healthy preps that work in good times and bad, and leave the fear to others. Focus on people more than things. Don't forget to live life every day. Be happy with what you have! (played to the sounds of humming Kumbaya in the background lol)

IMO, the sky is not falling today or tomorrow. I thought that back in 2008. 
And 2009. And '10. 

PS: the Rockefellers don't give a crap about me, and the feeling is mutual.

Jim H's picture
Jim H
Brandon Smith made me think of this thread...

http://www.alt-market.com/articles/1760-the-possible-outcomes-of-the-shu...

excerpt;

One rule I try to follow whenever possible is to always be open to possibilities beyond the expected and never assume that today’s dynamic will be the same as tomorrow’s dynamic. Even the Liberty Movement can at times be susceptible to group think.  In a world of staggering political and economic manipulation, one has to grasp hold of certain fundamental truths in order to survive. In my time working within the liberty movement and outside of the mainstream, these are a few of the cold, hard truths that have served me well.

It’s Always About Globalization

Every action the elites within our government take pushes the U.S. closer to globalism and away from sovereignty. We may not always see the bigger picture in the heat of the moment, but a look back tells us much. Seemingly simple changes in financial legislation render devastating fiscal shifts a decade later (as with the progressive erasure of Glass-Steagall). Shocking disaster events that appear random suddenly open doors for totalitarian legislation that had been prepared years in advance. Wars end with further calls for world “unification.” Nothing, and I mean nothing, happens within government that does not revolve around the desire of establishment oligarchy to achieve total global economic, political and social control.

ao's picture
ao
best, worst, and balance
Ready wrote:

ao,

I genuinely was not looking for kudos. Sure I've done a few things and squirreled away some nuts, but I think the point here is that it is easy to:

1 - Have a (potentially false) sense of security

2 - Become consumed by the latest news of doom and gloom

3 - Dig in and prep prep prep to the deficit of other facets of your life

4 - Realize the thing you feared never came to pass. You had more time to approach things logically

5 - Repeat steps 1 - 4

The dark side is fear. A powerful motivator. Often, not in our best interests from personal experience.

Having been at this prep thing for over 6 years now, I can honestly say I wish I had it to do over again. I would do less prep targeted towards some vacuous collapse scenario I have built in my feeble little mind and double my efforts in strengthening bonds with my family and friends and for example unplugging from the supermarket completely. Focus on the healthy preps that work in good times and bad, and leave the fear to others. Focus on people more than things. Don't forget to live life every day. Be happy with what you have! (played to the sounds of humming Kumbaya in the background lol)

IMO, the sky is not falling today or tomorrow. I thought that back in 2008. 
And 2009. And '10. 

PS: the Rockefellers don't give a crap about me, and the feeling is mutual.

Ready,

If you've read any of my posts in the past, you'd know you're preaching to the choir, for me at least.  I've always said, the steps that I've taken are things that will benefit us in the worst case scenario ... as well as in the best case scenario.  They're not mutually exclusive, if they're selected properly.  You also might remember I was one of the first to say that this won't be a crash, it'll be a crumble.  And in terms of living one's life, I've always said, it's all about balance, always balance.  And ultimately, my faith has never been in me, my family, my friends, or any other earthly group but in a higher power.  I sleep like a baby at night knowing that. 

But I think you're wrong about the Rockefellers.  True, they don't give a rat's ass about you or me individually, but they do have a very great interest in where society collectively is going.  They've demonstrated it again and again by where they put their money to exert influence.  To me, it's a big chess game and I like to think multiple moves ahead.  It's served me very well in the past and hopefully, in the future as well.  

ao's picture
ao
edited

edited

robie robinson's picture
robie robinson
a Hebrew parable

comes to mind of a fellow, an advanced prepper, named Noah. He prepped for many years for a never imaged event in the midst of a degenerate people.( I refer to him because my greatest fear in any event is having to decide who our farm can help) When the event arrived folks stopped their laughing and tried to crash Noahs party. they could not, however, because God had closed the door.

remember that myths inform.

hD20's picture
hD20
Public-private partnerships are an essential element of a truly
resilient city. In other words "Hi, nothing to worry. We are here to  provide You with a service. Move your furniture before a Hurricane or Tornadoes will be our way of HELPING you to be More Resilient. Now Pay Up."

I see it as a Mem to calm the masses. We are in a system and someone is managing that system that you can trust to make you resilient. They are part of the solution and not the problem.

It is a word game and not much more. I recommend reading the PUCK magazine which came out at the beginning of the 20 th century.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments