The Economy of Disenmity

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Karsten Kolliker's picture
Karsten Kolliker
The Economy of Disenmity

”The Economy of Disenmity – An Architects Take On How To Maneuver Through The Crisis”

https://www.box.com/s/470vzualqdwtomomw91s

As an architect with more than 20 years of experience I have gradually come realize just how dysfunctional our current society is. And I’ve been wondering when the breakdowns starts to roll, how this unravelling may unfold and how deeply our trust in humanity and leadership might be shattered.

Main themes of the article are, how a positive outcome of the crisis turns on a fundamental change of our self-conceptions, a basic trust in the fertility of nature and the capability of communities to solve their own problems.

Karsten Kolliker
Illustration –

Illustration – http://oldworldgrange.tumblr.com/

Arthur Robey's picture
Arthur Robey
Pasturii and I

An architect. Yay!

Do you think that I can 3d print a house using sand and Pasturii to bind the grains together? There is a lot of sand here so the walls could be 1 meter thick. 

marjham's picture
marjham
Simple question

Not sure where to post this inquiry, so will start here.  I am in my 60's, and my only  income is Social Security . I also have a serious disability.  Factors in my favor might include no debt,  living in very rural area with plenty of land all around (not mine, but not actively used either). Well water very good and reliable. Northern area so winters are cold, heat electric/oil.  I share apartment in old farm house with my sister, so expenses are manageable.  So what the heck happens when we reach the "event horizon" of our fiscal black hole?  Soc Security as one of the first casualties seems obvious,

Absent any real assets to creatively manage, I do like the idea very much of being quite far from serious urban environment, in a small community - which I could become more connected to.  Any suggestions/pointers would be welcome.

I recall back in the day, when the world was facing a different cataclysm, people would joke about pitching their tent on top of the nearest silo.  This current scenario is going to play out on the ground, a lot slower and a lot messier.

Karsten Kolliker
Re: Simple question

It’s perfectly allright, that you pose your question here, but since you do, have you downloaded and read my piece? It’s all about us learning to take care of each other, and securing that no one is left to him- or herself.

And don’t you think, that there will be a reverse migration from the cities to the land, and that the land in your area will be thoroughly cultivated as well? A new community might come into existence close to your home. First and foremost I believe it’s about being confident and connecting to other people. Here and locally.

Karsten 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments