China's March gold imports

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
JamesTerry's picture
JamesTerry
China's March gold imports

Has anyone seen the chart of how much gold China imported in March.  Is the chart true or are they cooking the books a tad?

dshields's picture
dshields
the data

I have seen a lot of info in the media over the last few weeks that would indicate that China and other "eastern" countries and their peoples are buying gold and silver. They are not the only ones. Ever since they went after the long paper and tanked the paper price the physical market has heated up. It is an unusual situation. Just try buy physical gold or silver at the spot paper price and you will see the problem - you can't. The paper and physical prices have diverged. They have sold a lot more paper than there is physical. They have been able to get away with that for years. If the demand for physical continues there is going to be a problem - a default. ABN AMRO already defaulted. They are the 15th largest bank in the world. If there are further defaults to deliver it could cause a panic. Rich people are taking delivery. I always watch what rich people do as they often have inside information and good guidance from professional wealth managers.

dshields's picture
dshields
JamesTerry's picture
JamesTerry
Awesome response.  On a

Awesome response.  On a personal note, which do you prefer to buy?  Gold or silver?  I have noticed that my one gold coin is thinner in diameter than my silver coins which are probably twice as thick.  Is that normal?

Thanks,

James

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments