Bullion Coins

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
JamesTerry's picture
JamesTerry
Bullion Coins

Hi guys,

I'm new so I don't know too much about investing in silver.  I bought a Brittania silver bullion recently and put it in one of my 'air-tite' containers with the black foam outer ring but it still moves around a tiny bit in the container.  Does this matter at all?

Also I'm looking to buy a kilo of silver soon.  Am I right in thinking that it is a hell of a lot cheaper to buy a 1 kilo bar rather than enough 1oz pieces to make a kilo?

Thanks,

James

ezlxq1949's picture
ezlxq1949
Bullion coin care

The bullion value of an ingot should not be affected by physical damage; value is a function of weight and purity, not appearance. That said, would you prefer to buy shiny bullion or dirty and scratched? If you purchase coins, their numismatic value definitely will be reduced by physical damage.

Little known fact: do NOT keep silver in contact with natural rubber. The silver gets very badly tarnished.

I presume you'll be keeping your bullion in storage anyway, not carrying it with you and jiggling it around. It's best to keep it as pristine as possible. Also hang on to the sales receipt; this may assist in future sales especially if you buy from a reputable dealer.

Regarding the price of large ingots vs small, I can't comment. Best to go to a dealer (Internet or shopfront) and get quotations.

Finally, where will you store your precious metals if your collection grows?

All the best

Walter

JamesTerry's picture
JamesTerry
Thanks Walter thats a lot of

Thanks Walter thats a lot of help.  My collection is actually starting to grow now and Im thinking about a safe at the bank or something but then that will take away from any profits I'd hope to make in the future.

desritilone123's picture
desritilone123
I presume you'll be keeping

I presume you'll be keeping your bullion in storage anyway, not carrying it with you and jiggling it around. It's best to keep it as pristine as possible. Also hang on to the sales receipt; this may assist in future sales especially if you buy from a reputable dealer.

Military Challenge Coins

desritilone123's picture
desritilone123
How is it possible? that The

How is it possible? that The bullion value of an ingot should not be affected by physical damage; value is a function of weight and purity, not appearance.

Italian Villas for Rent

cloviscoin's picture
cloviscoin
Bullion is a good way to hedge

Coins, precious metal and bullion is an excellent way to hedge your finances against a financial down turn, recession, or any kind of economic turmoil.   I not only invest in silver bullion, but I often order custom silver, copper and gold challenge coins.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments