The Terrorist Attacks of 9/11: Ten Years Later

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
The Terrorist Attacks of 9/11: Ten Years Later

Danille Ganser, faculty member of University of Bassel (Switzerland), teaches a semester long modern history course on the terrorist attacks of 9/11.  He was invited by a student/faculty group at the University of Indiana called "Waging War, Waging Peace" to come the USA to give them a lecture on what is known about the events of this day.  He responded by offering an hour- long summary lecture adressed to this group (in English), and posting it on the internet.  He addresses the central question of the historian charged with the responsibility of writing the history of an event:  "What do we know and how compelling is the evidence for each part of the narative?"

The lecture is posted in segments.  The first 5 minute segment gives the listener a feel for the speaker, establishes the tone and reviews the scope of the talk.  It is in the unhurried style of an academic evaluating for the listener what is known and what is not yet clear.  The process of making sense of events and writing history fascinates him.  I experience this lecture as absolutely riveting.  I hope that others will enjoy it as much as I have.  It starts here:

http://edvan.fadeout.ch/v2/?customerId=30&channelId=189&broadcastId=1379

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
Thanks for posting!

Interesting info!  So much evidence against the official story....but hey, I'm just one of those conspiracy nut jobs:-p

Bankers Slave's picture
Bankers Slave
That

makes 2 of us then!

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
Ganser's 9/11 lecture is conclusion agnostic

What I like most about this lecture is that he does not offer a conclusion or advocate for any view point.  He simply reviews what we know and how substantial the evidence is behind each part of the story.  It is the academic work of a historian.  Clear, well articulated, very intelligent, palatable and balanced.  It is a comfortable place to evaluate this event.

redwoods's picture
redwoods
agreed

yes, the WTC7 issue has always bothered me !

Grover's picture
Grover
MIHOP

sand_puppy,

Thanks for posting this series of videos. I look at the events that led up to the reactions and wonder why we haven't investigated further. I'm wondering how I would respond to the ultimate judge, "why didn't you do something about it?"

Grover

MarkM's picture
MarkM
What now?

The last time we had an act of terror and poisonous letters we got two wars and the Patriot Act.

Now we have Boston and http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/16/us/tainted-letter-intercepted/index.html

What will we get this time?

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
why Boston's Hospitals were ready

A bit of good, if sad, news about Boston - what we learned from 9/11

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
Awesome medical preparedness story, Wendy

Thanks.  I really enjoyed that.  I hope that Virginia hospitals can do as well should we ever need to.

westcoastjan's picture
westcoastjan
thanks for sharing

Wendy, thanks for sharing that! I am going to forward that article to the members of our business continuity planning team at work, as a great example of how preparedness DOES pay off. All too often we think ya ya ya, it's not gonna happen to us.. . Kudos to Boston response teams!

Jan

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments