Don't Forget That This World Is Worth Saving

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Poet's picture
Poet
Don't Forget That This World Is Worth Saving

I'd like to start by sharing something.

It started as a silly thing. Every year, Matt Harding would travel the world just to do a silly dance at each place. And film it.

Then people started joining him. And then a company decided to sponsor him and let him go wherever he wanted.

This one is from 2012.

If you have something special you'd like to share, whether it is a picture or a short video, a link to something from National Geographic, whatever. Please share. It should be inspiring or uplifting about the Earth or of humanity.

Poet

Sebastian8's picture
Sebastian8
Awesome!

Thanks, Poet for the uplifting reminder!

John Lemieux's picture
John Lemieux
Peace Pilgrim

Sorry that this is longer than what was suggested. But I think that this is worth sharing. It's just such a great interview with Peace Pilgrim. 

Nervous Nelly's picture
Nervous Nelly
Peace Pilgrim

Thank you!  I had never heard of her. Truely inspiring. She's a saint cut from the same cloth as Jesus , Buddha , Juddi Krishnamurti, Marie Theresa ......

These people are born with this inside them and something happens that wakes them up ( enlightement) . Call it a gift from God?  They all have the same universal spiritual language. The same facial expression of peace and love. A glow that just sucks you in because deep down you know you're totally accepted and never judged. 

Krishanmurti Documentary 

Unjoy!

Sonya

John Lemieux's picture
John Lemieux
What A World

I'm really glad that that interview Nelly. And I share your thoughts and feelings about Peace Pilgrim. She was truly an extraordinary and inspirational spirit. And she is just so clear, vibrant and so very alive. And yes she is like Krishanmurti in that she did not claim to belong to any  orginized Religion. Her message was very simple, Love conquers hate.  And that "evil" contains the seeds of it's own desrtruction. 

But I can't help but be amazed that almost no one has heard of her considering all the years she spent walking and speaking. And I find it astonoshing that in our culture we seem only to mostly only put rich celebrities and "powerful" people up on a pedestal. J.

Poet's picture
Poet
Dare Devils

Stupid? Yes! Exhilarating? YES!

What do you think? Worth saving? ;)

Poet

Bankers Slave's picture
Bankers Slave
Wow

very uplifting, and I live just down the road from the Scottish location. Pity there were none of the mentally unstable western leadership in attendance.

Thanks for that!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments