Owned and Operated

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
jneo's picture
jneo
Owned and Operated

The film takes a look at the world as it is, and the path we're currently headed down.  Enjoy

herewego's picture
herewego
Thanks jneo

Not an easy watch. 

I'll have to spend some time digesting the images of police violence.  How do we prepare to face that deadly human-on-human ugliness?  And is there a more impactful way to shift things than to gather in protest and submit to a certain number of us being beaten by men who are out of their minds?

I missed the wild.  Nowhere in the movie did wild Earth feature as part of our future, but I don't know that our spirits would survive the taming of the planet.  I most deeply hope that such a thing is not possible.  She is too precious to my soul, and probably to the universe, to be mistaken for a non-renewable resource. 

It looks like self-defence will be necessary if it hasn't already been, but I am quite sure we cannot successfully fight for a better world.  That has been tried.  I think it is time to draw on another resource-our species' ability to heal pain.  Our fabulous capacities for intelligence, empathy, adaptability and creativity are so locked down by our reactions to our emotional pain.  I am very curious about what will emerge as we humans get better en masse at helping each other take care of our emotional bodies so they don't end up running the show for us.  I have personally witnessed heroic healing and a resulting capacity for vision, empathy, courage and intelligent love so I know we have it in us.

Susan

jneo's picture
jneo
(No subject)

John Lemieux's picture
John Lemieux
I liked the message in this

I liked the message in this video but I found that other than the intro, it was made in a style that's not for me.

I have been exploring the plains of Alberta Canada this summer and I have been visiting some historical Native sites and other places of natural interest as well.  So it really brings to mind how the same kind of mentality that caused the desimation of the Plains Buffalo and the of the Native peoples has caused us to be in the situation that we are facing now. And being here has really increased my realisation of how extensively and how quickly we are changing the face of the planet as the Native people were living here the way they had for thousands of years only 150 years ago or so.

I also just finished reading Empire of the Summer Moon that is about the defeat of the Commanchies and I was amazed to know how fierce and defiant that Native American tribe was right until they were finally beaten down. 

Chris Hedges wrote this  piece in Truthdig recently that praises the defiant spirit of Crazy Horse and he says this  kind of spirit is what we need today to stand up to the same powers that will not stop and will only continue to plunder and ultimatley destroy our envirnment.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/time_to_get_crazy_20120702/

jneo's picture
jneo
The people are the target and

The people are the target and The Corporation is the new Government.  Fascism is what's coming for the people and for the most part is already here.  

Mitt and Obama are just spokes people for this new wave of corporatism.  

And of course you cannot get any legit information from the mainstream media cause I have realized long time ago what they stand for.

ABC = All Bullshit Channel

FOX = Full of Xenophobia

CNN = Crap Not News

BBC = British Brainwashing Corporation 

CBS =  Corporate Broadcasting Station 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments