3-D printers and how they will alter economies

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
3-D printers and how they will alter economies

I have an editorial up at http://www.abyssapexzine.com/2012/09/writing-about-the-next-industrial-revolution/ which talks about decentralized manufacturing and decentralized energy production. And Star Trek.

Here are some other links on the topic of Maker technology, if that interests you:

Arthur Robey's picture
Arthur Robey
Sex

I used printer technology throughout my sci-fi story "The Breeding"

I cannot see a size limit for a printer. My biggest printer printed up an entire inverted planet. Each post-human got his own designer planet.

You will notice that  money disappears when machines do all the work and energy and materials are free for the taking. 

“Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.” 

― Douglas AdamsThe Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
Safewrite--nice peek into the future of 3-D printers/replicators

Nice to read.  I also have been so convinced that the SciFi writers show us the future possibilities.  Thanks.

Idaho1's picture
Idaho1
I agree

This will be the next big thing... Imagine all of the parts supplyers who will get caught with their pants down. It could have a devistating effect on an already crushed economy

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments