4 people needed: 12/10 Worcester MA LDS Cannery visit!!

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
catherder's picture
catherder
4 people needed: 12/10 Worcester MA LDS Cannery visit!!

Our group needs 4 more people THIS SAT 9am in Worcester MA for a visit to the LDS (Mormon) cannery. This is to can dried goods for up to 30 years storage life. Foods available include flour, wheat, beans, dried milk powder, dried apples, dried onions, etc. Time commitment is 9-12, with optional lunch afterwards. Buy as much or as little as you want, or just check out the awesome operation they have here. This will be our 4th visit (none of us are Mormons). Each of us has averaged $150-200 worth of goods on prior visits. Pls respond to wachusett dot transition at gmail dot com. (Note: this seems to be the only LDS cannery in New England as far as we can tell).

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
I'm going...

...and I've put a message out to my local community to see if anybody wants to piggyback for this event.  No responses yet, but I will let you know asap if somebody throws their hat in the ring.

Viva -- Sager 

Gyponolan's picture
Gyponolan
LDS Cannery

Sorry to read so late. Have family gathering in Western MA same morning. Might be interested in next visit. I will respond as asked.

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
So I'm at the cannery...

...(40 minutes early), and raring to go. Will be mostly taking home non-essentials that "gussy up" the staples we already have stored. Will report back on the experience later. Viva -- Sager

Gyponolan's picture
Gyponolan
Trip to Worcester LDS cannery

Sounds like it went well? I certainly appreciated the original posting (it was my fault for not checking in to it earlier). As it is, December is always a frantic month, both at work, and at home. I hope that everyone is faring well...

Ballyshannon's picture
Ballyshannon
Group visits

Why do I need to travel in a group?  Where is information on this criteria?  I see nothing about it on the Worcester site, and my schedule is erratic.

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor
Worcester LDS

Sager, did you get there and get stuff? No one posted about the trip.

CS

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
I posted a write-up...

...over in  this thread:  http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/good-experience-buying-lds-mormon-fo...

I can't make the next trip (2/11, I think, but it might also be 2/4 [this Saturday]?  either way I'm swamped...) but down the road I will avail myself of this resource again.

Viva -- Sager

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments