2 Must See Movies!!!

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Davos's picture
Davos
JAG's picture
JAG
Re: 2 Must See Movies!!!

I "Tivo-ed"  Frontline's "The Warning" and as soon as my better half crashes tonight I will watch it. It looks good.

Your post about the "Incredible Journey" has me intrigued as well, looks like it will be a late night.

Thanks for recommendation.

Davos's picture
Davos

Hello Jag:

The beach video I thought would be about sand and erosion. Wow, was I wrong. It so mirrored this financial crisis that I was flabergasted. The fix for it is really interesting as well.

Take care

strabes's picture
strabes

The Warning is great. 

After watching it, for more insight you gotta ponder for yourself why this arrogant boys club continues to run things.  After messing up so badly, how in the world could Summers, Geithner, and others from the club that were understudies of the big boys that caused this be given the job yet again? Why would a supposedly "change" president like Obama take instructions from someone (who?) to appoint the same people?  Why is it that a woman like Brooksley Born or a geeky accountant guy like William Black, who aren't smooth-tongued salesmen and actually know what they're doing and try to regulate instead of serving the Wall St cartel, don't get the job?  There is a real reason.  It's no accident.

The people who get the job are all CFR members.  They've been rotated through jobs at Treasury, Fed, IMF, World Bank, BIS, Goldman, Rockefeller and Rothschild investment funds, Kissinger Associates, etc.  This IS the club of who gets to run our banking system and the Treasury. Everybody else, people like Brooksley Born, are told to shutup and sit in their cave or take a hike.  This is why this group's agenda will continue being enacted while the govt/media reacts after the fact with "gee whiz Mabel, we should've regulated! so now we'll appoint new club members to create the regulation the club wants."  

Sorry if people are tired of hearing this.  It's a fact.  I don't know why PBS doesn't point it out, but it's true.

Davos's picture
Davos
strabes wrote:

The Warning is great. 

After watching it, for more insight you gotta ponder for yourself why this arrogant boys club continues to run things.  After messing up so badly, how in the world could Summers, Geithner, and others from the club that were understudies of the big boys that caused this be given the job yet again? Why would a supposedly "change" president like Obama take instructions from someone (who?) to appoint the same people?  Why is it that a woman like Brooksley Born or a geeky accountant guy like William Black, who aren't smooth-tongued salesmen and actually know what they're doing and try to regulate instead of serving the Wall St cartel, don't get the job?  There is a real reason.  It's no accident.

The people who get the job are all CFR members.  They've been rotated through jobs at Treasury, Fed, IMF, World Bank, BIS, Goldman, Rockefeller and Rothschild investment funds, Kissinger Associates, etc.  This IS the club of who gets to run our banking system and the Treasury. Everybody else, people like Brooksley Born, are told to shutup and sit in their cave or take a hike.  This is why this group's agenda will continue being enacted while the govt/media reacts after the fact with "gee whiz Mabel, we should've regulated! so now we'll appoint new club members to create the regulation the club wants."  

Sorry if people are tired of hearing this.  It's a fact.  I don't know why PBS doesn't point it out, but it's true.

Oh I think they did point it out. Not with the clarity you did. But they made it look like the new "president" (read puppet) wants to change things but isn't allowed to because of lobbyist calls to "his" house.

The fix was in the sand movie. Those poeple were in the same fix we are in. They succeeded, created their own township and fixed the problem.

yoshhash's picture
yoshhash

Looks like "Incredible Journey" needs to be bought in order to be viewed, or am I wrong?  $25 is very reasonable, but still out of my budget for Tuesday night viewing.

JAG's picture
JAG
yoshhash wrote:

Looks like "Incredible Journey" needs to be bought in order to be viewed, or am I wrong?  $25 is very reasonable, but still out of my budget for Tuesday night viewing.

I was hoping to pilfer it from the net, but no luck. This story sounds very familiar to Galveston, TX experience with building a seawall after the 1900 Hurricane. The beach erosion that resulted from that project ended up being much worse than 100 hurricanes. If Davos is observing the parallel between the hopelessness of man interfering with nature, and the hopelessness of man (Fed) interfering with the economic system, I couldn't agree more. It seems likely that the Fed's "seawall" will cause 100 times the damage than the financial storm last year did.

JAG's picture
JAG

RE: The Warning

That must be truly depressing for Greenspan to come to the conclusion that his whole professional life was based on an erroneous belief. Especially for a man of his hubris. I'm surprised that he hasn't "fallen on his sword" yet.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

strabes wrote:

The people who get the job are all CFR members. They've been rotated through jobs at Treasury, Fed, IMF, World Bank, BIS, Goldman, Rockefeller and Rothschild investment funds, Kissinger Associates, etc. This IS the club of who gets to run our banking system and the Treasury. Everybody else, people like Brooksley Born, are told to shutup and sit in their cave or take a hike.

You touched the area that needs more exposure - most of Obama's top people are members of the CFR and/or the Trilateral Commission.  The Trilaterals have been pushing "globalization" since founded by Zbigniew Brzezinski and David Rockefeller in 1973.  Their policies have greatly hurt the U.S. by methodically sending our jobs and industries overseas.

According to official Trilateral Commission membership lists, there are only 87 members from the United States (the other 337 members are from other regions). Thus, in less than two weeks since his inauguration, Obama's appointments encompass more than 12% of Commission's entire U.S. membership.

• Secretary of Treasury, Tim Geithner
  • Ambassador to the United Nations, Susan Rice
  • National Security Advisor, Gen. James L. Jones
  • Deputy National Security Advisor, Thomas Donilon
  • Chairman, Economic Recovery Committee, Paul Volker
  • Director of National Intelligence, Admiral Dennis C. Blair
  • Assistant Secretary of State, Asia & Pacific,  Kurt M. Campbell
  • Deputy Secretary of State, James Steinberg
  • State Department, Special Envoy, Richard Haass
  • State Department, Special Envoy, Dennis Ross
  • State Department, Special Envoy, Richard Holbrooke

U.S. Trilateral members implement policies determined by a majority of non-Americans that most often work against the best interests of the country. "How," you say?  Since the administration of Jimmy Carter, Trilaterals held these massively influential positions:

• Six out of eight World Bank presidents, including the current appointee, Robert Zoelick
  • Eight out of ten U.S. Trade Representatives
  • President and/or Vice-President of every elected administration (except for Obama/Biden)
  • Seven out of twelve Secretaries of State
  • Nine out of twelve Secretaries of Defense

Since 1973, the Commission has met regularly in plenary sessions to discuss policy position papers developed by its members. Policies are debated in order to achieve consensuses. Respective members return to their own countries to implement policies consistent with those consensuses.

Until America recognizes that our government has been usurped by globalists who represent the international banking cartel there will be no hope of ever understanding how corruption and illogical policies continue unabated.  Don't look for Frontline to carry that message as Bill Moyers and others are members of the CFR.  

Speaking of the derivatives market, that is the model being used for the "cap and trade" penalties and credit swaps.  This insane policy will not help the environment one bit but it sure will enrich Goldman Sachs and the Rothschild banking syndicate.  How can a nation seriously consider penalties that are paid and traded by an international banking cartel?

Larry    

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments