Yoga At 100

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Adam Taggart's picture
Adam Taggart
Yoga At 100

Our bodies are capable of much more than we realize, as long as we invest in and take care of them properly.

Watch this short video of Tao Porchon-Lynch. At 100 years old, she's teaching yoga classes and ballroom dancing with partners much less than half her age:

(Source: AP)

brushhog's picture
brushhog
Thats incredible

My grandmother made it to 103, though she was in no shape to do yoga she was sharp as a tack. Now they are learning that genes are not simply fixed but highly maliable. The way you eat, live, and even THINK has a profound impact on which genes get "activated" and which get suppressed. 

I believe the keys are keeping active, eating right, and above all having a good mental and spiritual outlook. Stress and negativity are BIG killers. One thing I remember about my grandmother is she was always calm and mild-mannered. She never stressed anything, she always seemed more present in the moment and rarely lost in worries about the future.

Adam Taggart's picture
Adam Taggart
Agreed!
brushhog wrote:

I believe the keys are keeping active, eating right, and above all having a good mental and spiritual outlook. Stress and negativity are BIG killers. 

Brushog --

We'll be talking in depth about all of those (and quality sleep!) during our Living Capital panel at next weekend's PP seminar. Sounds like you've been reading my notes!

Yes, we are still discovering what's possible with our bodies (and minds) if we treat them well. The field of epigenetics, which you refer to, is fasinating right now. We're learning how to unlock all sorts of long-term benefits by adopting lifestyle behaviors that serve us better.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments