I am trying to find a good home water filter/treatment system, but there are so many choices! Do you have any recommendations?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
MichelleAna's picture
MichelleAna
I am trying to find a good home water filter/treatment system, but there are so many choices! Do you have any recommendations?

Uncletommy's picture
Uncletommy
What's wrong with your current situation?

Sediment, hard water, algae, bacteria, other problems? Basic 5 micron filter can usually take care of most issues. Add on a UV light system and you should be good for safe drinking water. Source - well, dugout, cistern, spring? What are you shooting for from a quality perspective?

Alexabartel's picture
Alexabartel
iSpring WGB32B Whole House

iSpring WGB32B Whole House Water Filtration System – Our Top Choice! Using the system for the first time, you will immediately notice that your water not only tastes much better, your laundry will also feel softer and so will your hair. After you’ve taken a shower, your skin will look less dry, especially if you struggle with lots of hardness minerals. https://iwaterpurification.com/best-whole-house-water-filter/

TwinTown's picture
TwinTown
Kenetico

My water is very mineralized, some sediment / rust from city lines, and groundwater is linked to superfund cleanup site. I installed a Kenetico system that includes filters, water softener, and reverse osmosis (RO). Very efficient softener that reduced salt use from 20 bags per year to 2!  The reverse osmosis is wasteful though because it backflushes its filters as it processes so it uses 3-4 gallons of water to make 1 gallon. The upside is the RO has a dedicated line and faucet that is only used for drinking water and fridge. RO water is dead because all minerals stripped so I add Redmond mineral salt to my drinking pitcher. The outside faucets were replumbed to bypass the system since no reason to treat water for my plants. Very expensive upfront and install -- around $3k.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments