Yinon, PNAC and the Zionist / US / NATO Project to Destroy Syria

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
Yinon, PNAC and the Zionist / US / NATO Project to Destroy Syria

Yinon, PNAC and the Zionist Project to Destroy Syria

Ezra Klein, a brilliant liberal Jewish columnist did an excellent video on the drama of the conflict in Syria giving a brief history of the many factions and alliances for those unfamiliar.

https://www.facebook.com/ezraklein/videos/676576025863336/

What is most shocking to me is that Israel, one of the most powerful and active forces in the region, is not even mentioned.  It is like Israel has been photoshopped out of the story.

Israel launders oil sold by ISIS (via Turkey), arms and trains “moderate rebels,” conducts bombing raids in Syria, and has tremendous influence on US/NATO war policy via its Neoconservative hold on American ME policy.

I consider this an example of how Klein, a liberal/progressive thinker (GREEN Meme), but with strong ethnic identification, can actually be serving a RED/BLUE function.  Phil Weiss has written extensively about this phenomenon he calls PEZ:  Progressive Except on the issue of Zionism.

So lets review.  Is Israel involved in the destruction of Syria?

---------------------

1.  Oded Yinon Plan

Oded Yinon was a journalist formally in the Foreign Minstry of Israel.  He published, in Hebrew "A Strategy for Israel in the 1980s" in the World Zionist Organization magazine, Kivunim.  Several decades later, A professor of organic chemistry, Israel Shahak, translates this into English and adds comments.  "The Zionist Plan for the Middle East."  This article articulates a strategy to reshape the Middle East for Israeli dominance. 

Summarizing, Israel must:

1) become an imperial regional power, and

2) must effect the division of the whole area into small states by the dissolution of all existing Arab states. Small here will depend on the ethnic or sectarian composition of each state. Consequently, the Zionist hope is that sectarian-based states become Israel's satellites.

In his endnotes, Shahak explains the journal and article as the internal dialog among the Israeli elites where they debate and find consensus for future policy.

Shahak translates the document to English several decades later in hopes that world attention to this strategic plan can help avoid the horror that it promises to humanity.   [Shahak sounds like a YELLOW Meme Jewish thinker actively working to pull Israel out of the grip of its RED/BLUE Meme dominance and avoid the horrors inherent in the RED/BLUE Meme approach—living by the sword and all that.]

a.  In 1982, Ze'ev Schiff, the military correspondent of Ha'aretz describes the Israeli hopes for Iraq: "The dissolution of Iraq into a Shi'ite state, a Sunni state and the separation of the Kurdish part" (Ha'aretz 6/2/1982).

b.  This theme has been documented in Israel's Sacred Terrorism (1980), by Livia Rokach. Based on the memoirs of Moshe Sharett, former Prime Minister of Israel, which documents the Zionist plan, formed as early as the 1950’s, to shatter Lebanon into ineffective ethnic and political factions.

“The total disintegration of Lebanon into five regional localized governments is the precedent for the entire Arab world including Egypt, Syria, Iraq, and   the Arab peninsula, in a similar fashion. The dissolution of Egypt and later Iraq into districts of ethnic and religious minorities following the example of Lebanon is the main long-range objective of Israel on the Eastern Front. The present military weakening of these states is the short-term objective. Syria will disintegrate into several states along the lines of its ethnic and sectarian structure, as is happening in Lebanon today.”[-Quoted in Cook, Israel and the Clash, op. cit., p. 109, in the translation by The Journal of Palestine Studies, Spring 1982.]

---------------------------------------------------

2.  RED/BLUE Meme Israeli strategist move to Washington DC

The Neocons’ Project for the New American Century: “American World Leadership” – Syria next to Pay the Price? by Felicity Arbuthnot

a.  Michael Ledeen, … a neo-con minded Fox News commentator… notes that Desert Storm’s driving Iraqi troops from Kuwait in the early 90s was wholly inadequate.  Strategy should have been:

“regime change in Baghdad” (as) “one piece in an overall mission”, which should have been: “one battle … against Iran, Iraq, Syria and Saudi Arabia.”

b.   On 20th September 2001, two weeks after 9/11, the Neocon group, Project for the New American Century (PNAC) sent a letter to Bush: “ … recommending the overthrow of Saddam Hussein, even if no direct link to the 9/11 attack were found.” Time to redeem American: “supremacy in global politics (and for) regime changes in Iraq, Iran and Syria.”  The destruction of Syria was in the design in the 1980s and again here in 2001.

c.   Professor Hamoud Salhi’s gives a lecture … in June 2004, “Syria’s Threat to America’s National Interest.”

“Syria’s threat to America’s national interest in the Middle East can only be understood in the context of U.S. plans to reconfigure the Middle East. Knowing now that the motive for invading Iraq was strategic, taking over Syria would give the United States further strategic depth in the region … tipping the balance of power (even more) in favor of the United States regional allies, Israel and Turkey.”

“[After thus weakening Syria]…the United States will have completed its final stage of encircling Iran. This would further tip the region’s balance of power in favour of Israel and ultimately open new doors” for the U.S. “active involvement in toppling the Iranian regime.”

PNAC’s John Bolton, as Under Secretary of State for Arms Control, had testified before a Senate Sub-Committee on Syria’s threats to the U.S., which of course included terrorism and “weapons of mass destruction.”  … Bolton could cite no specifics.

d.   General Wesley Clark reported on DemocracyNow that several weeks after 9/11, the defense department already had the outline of how it would take down “7 countries in 5 years.”

The significance of this cannot be over stated:  The Zionist vision for building Israeli regional dominance through the destruction of Arab neighbors had become the policy of the United States government.  This was a take over.

d.  Long before 9/11, in 1996, a report by the Israeli think tank Institute for Advanced Strategic and Political Studies (IASPS), entitled A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm, was written as a private communication to the new Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu.  The team responsible for the report was led by Richard Perle, and included Douglas Feith, David and Meyrav Wurmser.  Perle personally handed the report to Netanyahu on July 8, 1996.  It was leaked to the public several years later.

Summarizing the "Clean Break" recommendations:

The recommendations to the Israeli government to sabotage the peace process in Palestine and refuse to return captured land to the Palestinians are presented by the authors of Clean Break as part of a larger plan to allow Israel to “shape its strategic environment,” by “removing Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq,” weakening Syria and Lebanon, and finally Iran. Clean Break does not describe Iraq as a threat, but as the weakest of the enemies of Israel, the least dangerous and the easiest to break.

In a follow-up to Clean Break, entitled Coping with Crumbling States: A Western and Israeli Balance of Power Strategy for the Levant, Wurmser emphasizes …[that t]he changes proposed …are not expected to bring any benefit to the Arab world. Instead, the goal is clearly to weaken Israel’s enemies by sharpening ethnic, religious and territorial disputes between countries and within each country. After the fall of Saddam, … Iraq will be “ripped apart by the politics of warlords, tribes, clans, sects, and key families,” for the benefit of Israel. 

3.  Micheal Chossudovsky, James Corbett and others in Syria:  NATO's Next "Humanitarian" War document a multi-decade long effort to destroy Syria.  Meticulously researched and stunning in scope.  I highly recommend at least skimming the content and scope of this article.

4.   In May of 1993, Ariel Sharon formally proposed in the Likud Convention that Israel should adopt the 'Biblical borders' concept as its official policy. From “Jewish History, Jewish Religion.  The Weight of Three Thousand Years.” By Israel Shahak. Page 9

Greater Israel’s Biblical Borders

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
Time2help's picture
Time2help
Re: Tulsi Gabbard Gets It

Time2help's picture
Time2help
Solving 9-11: The Deception that Changed the World

Christopher Bollyn's discussion of the background of 9/11.

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
Recommend the first 3 minutes of this video

The video listed above by Time2Help is a lecture by Christopher Bollyn.

In the first 3 minutes he lays out his central thesis and I recommend the first 3 minutes at least. 

--that the War on Terror was a consciously designed construct to bring the economic and military might of the USA / NATO into war against the Muslim world for the purpose of improving Israel's regional dominance in the Middle East.  (This is a very RED / BLUE Meme world view!)  9/11 was a brilliantly organized and implemented event that took the GWOT operational.

I have heard Bollyns talks, once in person, and twice on video and find him to be pretty clear, not too overly rhetorical in style, and easy to listen to.

AS always, the qualifier:

1.  The Militant Zionist / Likud / Neocons who did this are mostly Jewish.

2.  But most Jewish people are NOT Militant Zionists / Likud / Neocons.

3.  It is especially important that the progressive Jewish community step beyond their instinctive ethnic identification and be able to see what this militant faction is doing.

Jim Lobe is a Jewish commentator who writes on this group extensively:

Although a number of prominent Catholics are neoconservatives, the movement remains predominantly Jewish, and the monthly journal that really defined neo-conservatism over the past 35 years, Commentary, is published by the American Jewish Committee.  At the same time, however, neo-conservative attitudes have reflected a minority position within the US Jewish community as most Jews remain distinctly liberal in their political and foreign policy views.

In fact, liberal American Jewish people are very reluctant to learn about what their militant brethren are doing and are horrified when they finally let it in.

Matt Holbert's picture
Matt Holbert
Watch it all...

sand-puppy;

I thought that I had a good handle on this... This video is one of the best I have seen... I am a student of spiral and have read most of KW's books. However, I was turned off after some correspondence with one of the leading lights of spiral who I had corresponded with over several years. In some correspondence in which I asked if he would be willing to meet with someone from Boulder who might have an interest in spiral, I, as an aside, asked him what he thought of a David Ray Griffin book on process theology. He replied that -- essentially -- DRG was persona non grata due to his books on 9/11.

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
Bloomberg Reporter, Lake, Says 50,000 Troops to Syria

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-13/trump-may-send-50000-troops-syria

It appears that Mike Cernovich, who earlier this week wrote that Trump's national security advisor, Gen. H.R.McMaster, was planning on sending as many as 150,000 troops to Syria, may have been right again. According to Bloomberg commentator Eli Lake, who has now made a habit of confirming Cernovich "conspiracy theories" (he did so previously with the Susan Rice scoop), Trump may be on the verge of escalating the proxy war in Syria by sending anywhere between 10,000 and 50,000 troops on the ground, and - if Cernovich is indeed correct - as much as three times more.

[Lake] says that McMaster, has been quietly pressing his colleagues to question the underlying assumptions of a draft war plan against the Islamic State that would maintain only a light U.S. ground troop presence in Syria." McMaster's critics inside the administration say he wants to send tens of thousands of ground troops to the Euphrates River Valley.

Time2help's picture
Time2help
Re: 50k

*sigh*.

Probably not enough if history is any guide.

What it will take until enough people say "enough is enough"?

What was the body count for WWII, 60 million? Vietnam, 2 million?

What's the GWOT body count so far?

debu's picture
debu
And so...

...what does one do with this knowledge?

It seems to fall into the same bucket as the 3E's, peak oil and climate change. Impossible to unknow and equally impossible to do much about. And, most maddeningly, not possible to speak about in polite society.

It's hard not to feel that the world we live in becomes increasingly FUBAR the response from nearly all quarters will be incomprehension in two flavours: passive or belligerent.

Truly we are living in a looking-glass world.

Time2help's picture
Time2help
Ignorance is Strength

Time2help's picture
Time2help
Ideation

From Arnon Milchan's first production film. Released 1978.

From "The Lone Gunman", March 2001 Pilot (Fox Television).

KennethPollinger's picture
KennethPollinger
Need your help again

Please send me ([email protected]) your complete posts on 911.  Can you put in the photos that were left off of the first entry?

I'm thinking of starting a 911 Meet-Up Group in my tri-state area.  People MUST see all your reviews and learn about that book you mention.

Thanks,  Ken Pollinger

PS  Forbidden Knowledge has quite a list of 911 videos.  I'd love to see them ranked in terms of importance.  Maybe one day a Washington March 911!!!!

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
The (Zionist) Elephant In the Room

The Saker posts about the role of the Zionist/Neocon faction in world politics.

How to Bring Down the Elephant in the Room

Why should we even try to look at this indelicate topic?

The best information available is that the militant Zionist faction is actively destroying the Middle East to establish regional Israeli economic and military superiority.  This is done largely by using the US military.  The millions of displaced and killed Arab neighbors is why the subject must be tackled, despite risking offense to our Jewish friends.

My current understanding (always subject to updating) is that there is a RED/BLUE group hidden within the Jewish culture and nation that seeks power for its own sake.  It is not religious, is not a nation, nor is it an ethnicity.  It is purely a power coalition in the tradition of Machiavelli and Leo Strauss.  However, the Jewish tribal mythology has provided a particularly good home base for efforts to reshape the world.

Lets give them a name:  the cabal.  The cabal uses the pattern of deception to advance its aims and convince populations to synergize their efforts towards the cabal's goals.

The general Jewish population is targeted by this myth-making as much as the non-Jewish.  Perhaps even more so.  Particularly effective are two interrelated myths:

1.  the superiority of the Jewish Tribe (chosen people).  A close corollary is the imperative to maintain separateness, and resist assimilation.  The myth is ready made in scripture.  We just emphasize a return to our scriptural heritage and there it it.

2.  perpetual victimization (everyone hates us and we are always under threat).  Siege mentality.

---intense ethnic cohesion.  Circling the wagons, we must stick together.  Any criticism of one is criticism of all.  The Hasbara armies and the citizen editors of Wikipedia.  Opinion makers at the NYT always aimed at "what is good for Israel."

---any violence we commit is justified as "we must defend ourselves."

---deserving of special protection.

------------------------------------ 

Most of my liberal Jewish family and friends are aware of the superiority teachings in their historical scriptures, but they do not give them much weight.  (The Talmud has a plethora of rules concerning the superiority of Jews over non-Jews.) My modern GREEN friends have grown past the BLUE ethnocentric way of thinking.  In the same way, my Christian family and friends are aware of St Paul's description of the proper (subservient) role of women, prohibitions against divorce and homosexuality, but have moved on to other ways of thinking.  Yes, those rules are there in our historical past, but we don't attend to them much.  Same with the creation story of Genesis.

I also believe that the cabal is active in nurturing the perpetual victimization story.  Several examples of Jewish on Jewish violence are known that serve to nurture this story.  Alison Weir documents Zionist agents who were, at that time, pushing for the formation of the State of Israel, would bomb synagogues in Europe to create the climate of fear and persecution necessitating a safe haven for Jewish people.  Recent bomb threats against American synagogues (that my facebook friends were blaming on intolerance due to Trump's election) were traced to an Israel citizen.  Contributions to Jewish charities and PACs are known to increase with anti-Jewish violence.  The wagons circle every tighter with each threat.  This can be used by a cabal.

Both victimhood and superiority are useful for galvanizing a united block of coherent activists.  My liberal Jewish friends and family will need to look at the way these myths operate and question if they are being used for purposes that are not truly in keeping with their values.

Bankers Slave's picture
Bankers Slave
Who are the genuine children of God?

Michael_Rudmin's picture
Michael_Rudmin
Romans 8:14 answers that question, but it stands to scrutiny too

For as many are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The statement has a specific meaning that is most important and should not be lost; but there is also a generic meaning: that you are spiritually an heir to that spirit in which you operate. So if you are led to murder, you are the offspring of the first murderer. If you are led to charity, you are the offspring of charity.

This is the philosophical sense in which there is nothing new under the sun, that we don't create ourselves, but rather modify what already is.

But it's stated succinctly in Romans 8:14. Paul, of course, was not only a student of the great rabbinical sages (being trained by Gemaliel) but also being a Roman citizen was a student of the Greek and Roman philosophers and culture.

Jesus, too, being a student of the Pharisees and trained under them during part of his life, also referred to this philosophical concept when he said to the Pharisees "fill up your father's cup". so we can be pretty sure that this was the understanding of the day.

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
Rabbis Urge Trump to Cauldronize Syria

I'm always looking for clues as to who exactly these people are.  The Forward prints this open letter from a long list of Rabbis urging Trump to "act decisively" in Syria due to the chemical attack "war crimes" and "atrocity."  (ht The Saker)

It is complete with pictures of injured children.

I would appreciate the input of anyone with better insight in to Israeli politics--how mainstream is this viewpoint?  Is this a right wing faction?

It is very tough to sell wholesale murder of huge numbers of people to the liberal democracy of the west.  (The core dilemma of bombing for "humanitarian reasons.")  Basically, you have to establish that the people you want to murder-in-scale are monsters and criminals and "deserve to die."  Then, we can all feel good and right about killing them.

Bankers Slave's picture
Bankers Slave
Pretty much confirms all that I am aware of. How about you?

Time2help's picture
Time2help
They could not care less

They could not care less how high the pile of skulls grows.

Standing atop the pile at the end is all that matters to them.

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
Where is Jared Kushner coming from?

I have heard from a number of writers that Jared Kushner has ascended in the Trump circle of advisors.  As the advisor to the Commander In Chief of the largest military on Earth, I would like to know if he is RED/BLUE Meme, likely to advance the goals of militant Zionism?

What  kind of human being is Jared Kushner?  In Spiral Dynamics terms, all religions can be “done” from every meme.  In which meme does Kushner’s thinking center:  the RED/BLUE of ethnocentric Zionism, ORANGE of personal achievement, GREEN of compassion and world-centrism, or YELLOW of the integrative individual? 

The likelihood that this influential, but unelected young man, will work for war or peace depends on the flavor of Judaism he embraces.  Will he bomb for the Kingdom of God like RED/BLUE Menachem Begin, or teach peace from the heart-of-compassion like GREEN/YELLOW Anna Baltzer, or advocate an integral vision of "Sacred Economics" of TURQUOIS Charles Eisenstein?  Each of the above examples are Jewish, but the Memes they operate from are profoundly different.

The Forward, a daily Jewish newspaper, has had several articles on Jared Kushner and his wife Ivanka, who converted to Judaism just before their wedding. 

From what I can gather, the Kushners are Ultra-Orthodox associated with one of the  Hassidic sects.  Jared regularly attended and was closely associated with the Chabad movement at Harvard and he and his family were major financial donors to Chabad.  The Forward more recently reports that the first daughter and son-in-law have purchased a home Washington’s Kalorama neighborhood and will join the small Chabad synagogue located there.  Ivanka and Jared Kuchner visited the grave site of Rebbe Schneerson, Chabad’s leader, to pray for Trump victory the weeks before the election.

For the rest of this post, I will look at the Chabad movement leader, Rebbe Schneerson and the Hassidic movement drawing mostly from the book “Jewish Fundamentalism in Israel” written by a Jewish organic chemistry professor, Israel Shahak.

The Chabad movement was lead by a charismatic and popular teacher, Rebbe Manachem Schneerson.  His teachings resonated with many well beyond the New York Hasidic community and influenced the global Jewish Community and politics in Israel.  He was visited by Israeli prime ministers and government leaders.  His grave site is considered a holy shrine and praying there is a way to invoke divine favor.  His funeral was attended by 800,000 of the faithful who regard him as “The most influential rabbi in modern history.

Picture:  Rebbe

Rebbe Schneerson was a major thought leader of the National Religious Party (NPR) comprising about 11% of the Israeli voters.  He also is a major thought leader in the ultra-orthodox Hassidic group called the Gush Emunim who comprise the militant "settler" movement.

Shahak estimates that two major orthodox Hassidic groups together comprise another 11% of the Israeli Jewish population.  Thus, about 22% of the Israeli population (and Jared Kushner) hang on the teachings of this charismatic rabbi.

Schneerson supports the Likud political party of Netanyahu.

The NRP is now lead by the rabbi’s of the Gush Emunim movement making the two closely intertwined.  (For simplicities sake, I will talk about the common attitudes of the NRP and Gush Emunim together.)

I have found that it is very difficult for the progressive Jewish community to fully appreciate the depth of the superiority belief of these orthodox groups.  Infact, some have doubted their accuracy and have requested references.  I will include quite a few quotes from Shahak.  

------------------

Quoting:

The status of non-Jews in the Cabbala as compared to that in talmudic literature is a good beginning point for discussion. Most of the many Jewish authors that have written about the Cabbala in English, German and French have either avoided this subject or have hidden its essence under clouds of misleading generalizations. These authors, Gershon Scholem being one of the most significant, have employed the trick of using words such as “men,” “human beings” and “cosmic” in order to imply incorrectly that the Cabbala presents a path leading towards salvation for all human beings. The actual fact is that cabbalistic texts, as opposed to talmudic literature, emphasize salvation for only Jews. Many books dealing with the Cabbala that are written in Hebrew, other than those written by Scholem, present an honest description of salvation and other sensitive Jewish issues.  Shahak, pp. 57-58.

The ideas of Rabbi Luria greatly influenced the theology of Rabbi Kook the elder and still underlie the ideologies of Gush Emunim and Hassidism. Yesaiah Tishbi, an authority on the Cabbala who wrote in Hebrew, explained in his scholarly work, The Theory of Evil and the (Satanic) Sphere in Lurianic Cabbala (1942, reprinted in 1982): “It is plain that those prospects and the scheme [of salvation] are intended only for Jews.” … “The Emanating Power, blessed be his name, wanted there to be some people on this low earth that would embody the four divine emanations. These people are the Jews, chosen to join together the four divine worlds here below.” Tishbi further cited Vital’s writings in emphasizing the Lurianic doctrine that non-Jews have satanic souls: “Souls of non-Jews come entirely from the female part of the satanic sphere. For this reason souls of non-Jews are called evil, not good, and are created without [divine] knowledge.” Shahak, p. 58.

In his illuminating Hebrew-language book, Rabbinate, Hassidism, Enlightenment: The History of Jewish Culture Between the End of the Sixteenth and the Beginning of the Nineteenth Century (1956), Ben-Zion Katz explained convincingly that the above doctrines became part of Hassidism. Accurate descriptions of Lurianic doctrines [including Jewish supremacism] and their wide influence upon religious Jews can be found in numerous other studies, written in Hebrew. In books and articles written in other languages, and thus read by most interested non-Israeli Jews and non-Jews, such descriptions and analyses are most often absent. The role of Satan, whose earthly embodiment according to the Cabbala is every non-Jew, has been minimized or not mentioned by authors who have not written about the Cabbala in Hebrew. Such authors, therefore, have not conveyed to readers accurate accounts of general NRP or its hard-core, Gush Emunim politics.  Shahak, p. 58.

------------------

Me .... :  I will include here a fairly long but disorganized discourse of Rebbe Schneerson on the subject of whether killing a Jewish embryo is different from killing a non-Jewish one.  Though he rambles terribly, the values he espouses become clear in the discourse.  

------------------

Quoting again from Shahak:

The ideas of Rabbi Schneerson that appear below are taken from a book of his recorded messages to followers in Israel, titled Gatherings of Conversations and published in the Holy Land in 1965. During the subsequent three decades of his life until his death, Rabbi Schneerson remained consistent; he did not change any of the opinions. What Rabbi Scheerson taught either was or immediately became official, Lubovitch, Hassidic belief.

Regarding the non-Jew the Lubovitcher Rebbe’s [Schneerson] views were clear even if a bit disorderly:

“In such a manner the Halacha, stipulated by the Talmud, showed that a non-Jew should be punished by death if he kills an embryo, even if the embryo is non-Jewish, while the Jew should not be, even if the embryo is Jewish. As we [the talmudic sages] learn from Exodus 22: 21, beginning with the words ‘and if any mischief will follow.’” This quoted verse is a part of a passage beginning in verse 21, describing what should be done “if men strive and hurt a woman with child,” thus damaging the embryo. Verse 22, whose beginning is quoted by the Lubovitcher Rebbe, says in full: “And if any mischief will follow, then you shall give soul for soul.” (Some English translations use the wording “life for life” instead of “soul for soul.”) The above stated difference in the punishment of a Jew and a non-Jew for the same crime is common in the Talmud and Halacha.

The Lubovitcher Rebbe continued:

The difference between a Jewish and a non-Jewish person stems from the common expression: “Let us differentiate.” Thus, we do not have a case of profound change in which a person is merely on a superior level. Rather, we have a case of “let us differentiate” between totally different species. This is what needs to be said about the body: the body of a Jewish person is of a totally different quality from the body of [members] of all nations of the world ... The Old Rabbi [a pseudonym for one of the holy Lubovitch rabbis] explained that the
 passage in Chapter 49 of Hatanya [the basic book of Chabad]: “And you have chosen us” [the Jews] means specifically that the Jewish body was chosen [by God], because a choice is thus made between outwardly similar things. The Jewish body “looks as if it were in substance similar to bodies of non-Jews,” but the meaning ... is that the bodies only seem to be similar in material substance, outward look and superficial quality. The difference of the inner quality, however, is so great that the bodies should be considered as completely different species. This is the reason why the Talmud states that there is an halachic difference in attitude about the bodies of non-Jews [as opposed to the bodies of Jews]” “their bodies are in vain.” ... An even greater difference exists in regard to the soul. Two contrary types of soul exist, a non-Jewish soul comes from three satanic spheres, while the Jewish soul stems from holiness. As has been explained, an embryo is called a human being, because it has both body and soul. Thus, the difference between a Jewish and a non-Jewish embryo can be understood. There is also a difference in bodies. The body of a Jewish embryo is on a higher level than is the body of a non-Jew. This is expressed in the phrase “let us differentiate” about the body of a non-Jew, which is a totally different kind. The same difference exists in regard to the soul: the soul of a Jewish embryo is different than the soul of a non-Jewish embryo. We therefore ask: Why should a non-Jew be punished if he kills even a non-Jewish embryo while a Jew should not be punished even if he kills a Jewish embryo? The answer can be understood by [considering] the general difference between Jews and non-Jews: A Jew was not created as a means for some [other] purpose; he himself is the purpose, since the substance of all [divine] emanations was created only to serve the Jews. “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth” [Genesis 1: 1] means that [the heavens and the earth] were created for the sake of the Jews, who are called the “beginning.” This means everything, all developments, all discoveries, the creation, including the “heavens and the earth – are vanity compared to the Jews. The important things are the Jews, because they do not exist for any [other] aim; they themselves are [the divine] aim.”

… A non-Jew’s entire reality is only vanity. It is written, “And the strangers shall stand and feed your flocks” [Isaiah 61: 5]. The entire creation [of a non-Jew] exists only for the sake of the Jews.  Shahak, p. 60.

-------------

The limited insight I have to Jared Kushner due to his association with Chabad is that he is probably RED/BLUE Meme and may seek to advance an ethnocentric, militaristic vision of “what is good for Israel.”

If this is correct, Kushner’s ascendance portends poorly for the prospects of international peace.

MarkM's picture
MarkM
Thanks

Thanks, sp, for putting that together. Very interesting and information that I would never dig up on my own.

Quercus bicolor's picture
Quercus bicolor
Chabad as practiced

Sand puppy,

If I were you I would look into Chabad as it is practiced rather than the writings of it's founder.  I know very little about the movement other than that they have a big outreach program to secular Jews and even non-Jews and seem to be tolerant to continued participation without getting involved in a deep way with the movement.  They also have a non-profit service organization that helps children with special needs regardless of religion or any other factor. 

I do not know what goes on in the inner circle of dedicated followers or how the Israeli branch of Chabad might be different.   I do know that movements tend to evolve over time and different parts of them may diverge.

I'm sorry, I can't help you more other than to suggest an interesting direction for your research.

Michael_Rudmin's picture
Michael_Rudmin
SP, you know nothing of chabad.

To know something of chabad, you need to actually spend some time with them, just as with a person.  So here you are making generalizations about Jared (of whom I know nothing, and you do too), based on your generalizations about chabad (of which I *DO* know something, and you could too, but apparently do not.)

First of all, to describe a group as orthodox means (in American terms) that they are liberal.  Chassid is the right-wing, but only in terms of holding on to old teachings. 

Of the chassids, some are members of chabad.  Chabad are lubavicher jews, Jews who followed the teachings of the Lubavicher Rebbe.  Chabad is not as pro-Jew as you imagine; they are extremely jewish.  There's a huge difference.  

Recently, Facebook sent around a "suggested post", "Chief Rabbi of Jerusalem needs $55k, matter of life and death."  Well, I was interested, and went to look into it.  But, already trusting my chabad sources, I also asked about this with them.  THEY came back with "we know nothing of this."  Not willing to slander or libel another, they also were not willing to promote it.  Turns out that -- maybe related, maybe not -- there are a number of chief rabbis in Jerusalem who have been under charges for bilking people. 
Point being, if you asked me (a Christian) about Jimmy Baker, I might have replied the same. 

This is what I mean by saying "Not pro-Jew".  It isn't simple.

Now, the Lubavicher rabbi, was a NASA electrical engineer.  Some believed he was the messiah.  He himself always said that they should pray for the revelation of the Messiah.  But to the late chief rabbi of the chassids in Israel, he said, "I envy you, because you will see the messiah."  Thus, he indicated that HE was not the messiah.  But the chief rabbi of Israel did have a vision later, and said he knew the name, and it was going to be hard to accept....

The Lubavicher rabbi, unlike the Jerusalem frauds, would give out $1 bills to anyone who visited, to donate somewhere, to someone else, or to another organization. 

But the teachings of the Chabads... let's start with their name.  It is an acronym (like NASA is).  It means that the Torah is most important, but you can't even come close to the Torah, except in prayer.    So they put things up to prayer.  As a result, in my experience, they are extremely green-meme in practice, law (is that orange?) in theory.  And their prayer means that they are very much based in the personal relationship.  They also are outgoing to non-Jews.  Not greatly, but there is definitely a good will there, kindof like the Amish.

I could go on and on, but not in the direction that would be helpful to the discussion, unless you say what direction you want it to go. 

Time2help's picture
Time2help
Nothing

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
Netanyahu at the JCIT

As most PP.com readers know, I regard the 9/11 attacks as a deliberately staged event with the prime movers most likely the Israeli intelligence services.  (Bollyn, Guyenot, Sneigoski and here)  Essential cooperation was required by American Jewish people loyal to a Zionist vision living in the USA, and non-Zionist allies in the American MIIC who joined with the project.  This viewpoint fits with the publicly-documented multi-decade long pattern for advancement of Zionist world goals and the methods it would employ.

Even though thousands of professional people have spoken out on the impossibility of the official story, there is absolute silence in the American mainstream media on this topic.  To me, this is a certain indicator that the media owners are allied with the group responsible for the act.

Benjamin Netanyahu was a major architect and salesman of the “war on terror” concept first introduced to the world at the Jerusalem Conference on International Terrorism in July 1979, and written up in the book “Terrorism:  How the West Can Win.

Two excerpts from Netanyahu quoted by Christopher Bollyn:

"In trying to understand international terrorism, we must first recognize that it is not a sporadic phenomenon born of social misery and frustration. It is rooted in the political ambitions and designs of expansionist states [like Israel] and the groups that serve them. Without the support of such states, international terrorism would be impossible... manipulation of public opinion is, in fact, central to the terrorist strategy. For this purpose, access to the media, indeed their domination, is indispensable."
- Benjamin Netanyahu, "Defining Terrorism" in Terrorism: How the West Can Win (1986)

"International terrorism is the use of terrorist violence against a given nation by another state, which uses the terrorists to fight a proxy war as an alternative to conventional war."
- Benjamin Netanyahu, Fighting Terrorism:  How Democracies Can Defeat Domestic and International Terrorists (1995)

As is indicated by these two brief quotes, Netanyahu was selling to the world leaders a vision of how to uses the motif of BOTH terrorism AND the "war on terror" to advance a states goals.

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
Very Wonky Post on the Origins of the Neoconservatives

The Saker reposts a long but wonky article by Paul Fitzgerald and Elizabeth Gould on the history of the political movements that became the Neoconservatives.

It is hard to read and not very exciting but gives a rich history.

Of particular importance this morning (with Comey's firing being attributed to "investigating Russia") is the designation of Russia as the enduring and perpetual demon as the foundation stone of the propaganda program of the Neocons.

-------------------

The Jerusalem Conference on International Terrorism did the same way back in 1979.

Nafeez Mosaddec Ahmed reports on JCIT in "Sins of Statecraft--The War on Terror Exposed."

“a group of powerful elites from various countries gathered at an international conference in Jerusalem to promote and exploit the idea of ‘international terrorism.’ The (Jerusalem) conference (on International Terrorism, or JCIT) established the ideological foundations for the ‘war on terror.’ JCIT’s defining theme was that international terrorism constituted an organized political movement whose ultimate origin was in the Soviet Union. All terrorist groups were ultimately products of, and could be traced back to, this single source, which - according to the JCIT - provided financial, military, and logistical assistance to disparate terrorist movements around the globe. The mortal danger to Western security and democracy posed by the worldwide scope of this international terrorist movement required an appropriate worldwide anti-terrorism offensive, consisting of the mutual coordination of Western military intelligence services.”

Time2help's picture
Time2help
Golan Heights, Israel, Oil and Trump

Golan Heights, Israel, Oil and Trump (New Eastern Outlook)

Quote:
Events are moving rapidly to a possible new war involving Israel, the United States, Syria and Russia. Were it to take place, I honestly hope not, it would be yet another stupid war over oil. Only this oil war somehow feels far more dangerous than the US war against Iraq or Libya or previous oil wars. It’s about the part of Syria named the Golan Heights.

Quote:
On October 8, 2015 only days after the surprise Russian announcement it had accepted the request of the elected Bashar al-Assad government to militarily intervene against ISIS, Al Qaeda and other terrorists in Syria, Genie Energy made a major announcement. Yuval Bartov, chief geologist from Genie Energy’s Israeli subsidiary, Afek Oil & Gas, told Israel’s Channel 2 TV that his company had found a major oil reservoir on the Golan Heights: “We’ve found an oil stratum 350 meters thick in the southern Golan Heights. On average worldwide, strata are 20 to 30 meters thick, and this is 10 times as large as that, so we are talking about significant quantities.”

On January 10, 2017, Genie Energy Ltd. announced it was creating a new company, Atid Drilling Ltd., an on-shore drilling services venture based in Israel to drill for oil in the Golan Heights among other places. They will expand the drilling by Genie Energy’s subsidiary Afek Oil & Gas which since the October, 2015 announcement has completed five exploratory wells in Golan Heights.

thatchmo's picture
thatchmo
semantics....

T2H, is that a photo of what, in the Mid-East, they call an "oil rig" these days?  Aloha, Steve.

Time2help's picture
Time2help
Re: Semantics

Probably an FDD, or "Freedom Delivery Device".

suh munasa's picture
suh munasa
Buy quality real and fake passport,([email protected])

buy real and  fake  passports id cards: visas make your nationality resident permits , birth certificates  drivers  licence .  We make fake and real  using  hologrames and  duplicating  machine .About 17  million  OF  our   docupments   are  circulating  world  wide .  we offer  deals  at   cheaper  rates   with   receipts   and  safe   deliveries for  more  info email us on the  above  mail

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments