Credit Unions vs Banks

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ranvis1's picture
Ranvis1
Credit Unions vs Banks

Hi,

I'm a new enrolled member, but I have "lurked" at the site for some time now.  I'm pretty sure this topic has come up before but I can't find it - so here goes.

I'm interested in any opinions out there about the relative safety of credit unions vs banks.  I happen to employ credit unions exclusively for checking/saving/credit accounts.

P.S.  I realize that this distinction has nothing to do with the underlying value of the paper assets therein.  Just a question of solvency.

Thanks.

chrishaiden66's picture
chrishaiden66
intersting topic.. can u

intersting topic.. can u elaborate it more so i can help you

mikelaw1's picture
mikelaw1
credit unions v banks

I also find no clear views about this subject on this site, and very few elsewhere. Don't understand why, as we're all concerned about the safety of our money, and here, the return of our money, not just the return on our money. I just read the following article which favors credit unions over banks: https://popularresistance.org/depositors-not-taxpayers-will-take-the-hit-for-next-2008-crash-because-major-banks-may-use-bail-in-system/. 

I'm also interested in views on the safety of money in brokerage accounts, such as fidelity, vanguard and schwab.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments