10 Democrats that need to go away

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
krogoth's picture
krogoth
10 Democrats that need to go away

November 24th, 2008
Posted by Wisconsin Conservative
The Huffington Post they’ve listed 10 Republicans that need to go away. In response, The Wisconsin Conservative has decided to make a list of Democrats (Liberals) who should go away. Here it is:

1. Barack Obama - has to be number one, as he’s in position to do the most damage to this country. And we believe he will.

2. Nancy Pelosi - Way too liberal for us. How she ever ended up in the position she’s in is beyond our group.

3. Keith Olberman - Do I have to explain? This guy simply drives people nuts.

4. John Murtha - Accusing the Haditha Marines the way he did was shameful. He needs to go away.

5. Barney Frank - Everything he touches turns to crap.

6. Jimmy Carter - Why is he back? And since he has been back, he’s been just as worthless as he was before.

7. Al Gore - Snowing here in Wisconsin. Shut up Al.

8. Hillary Clinton - Health care and foreign affairs. We’re still going to be hearing from her for a long time.

9. Al Sharpton - Worthless and Racist.

10. Chris Matthews - Almost as bad as Olberman.

Honorable mentions: Harry Reid, Barbara Boxer, William Jefferson, Alcee Hastings, Russ Feinglold, Chris Dodd, John Kerry, Joe Biden, Cynthia McKinney, Arianna Huffington.

Arthur Vibert's picture
Arthur Vibert
Re: 10 Democrats that need to go away

I'm sorry. I don't see how this is furthering the conversation. I think there are plenty of idiots on both sides, and while some of the people in the list above fall into that category, there are plenty who don't. Instead of pointing fingers and continuing the partisan rhetoric shouldn't we be looking for solutions that work for all of us?

Arthur

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

yes

FedNix's picture
FedNix

Hear, hear, Arthur Vilbert! 

krogoth's picture
krogoth
Actually, I don't

Actually, I don't

It's ignoring problems on both sides of the fence that got us into this mess over the last 30 so on years. You guys want to bury your heads in the sand and wait to be kicked when it's time to come up, so be it. I for one believe in ACCOUNTABILITY and RESPONSIBILITY. You want to simply wipe the slate clean and let a lot of these people continue in this corrupt system, get rich off it, or do the impossible and change the system as we know it. I want to see some heads roll.

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat

I think partisan politics is an illusion created for discussions such as this. There's no such thing as "reaching across the aisle." The real insight is that our government is corrupt far beyond our most paranoid of fancies. Behind closed doors and, indeed, much of the time in the public eye, these politicians are buddy-buddy. They are so because they are of the same ilk. The differences between Barack Obama and his supporters and John McCain and his supporters are far greater than between the two men themselves. The idea that any politician is "on the side" of the guy giving oil changes down at the QuickieLube is patently absurd. A vote for either major party is a self-rubber stamping of one's own demise and a further validation of their corruption. But people will never do that because of the childish notion of "wasting one's vote." Imagine if on election eve Wolf Blitzer reported that 60% of Americans voted for neither major party candidate. Now that would be the roar of the lion. But for now at least most Americans appear to be throwing their lot in with TV, cheap beer and the lottery.

Arthur Vibert's picture
Arthur Vibert

Gee, I don't recall saying anything about burying my head in the sand or ignoring problems. I'm concerned about the future and where we're going rather than laying blame for the mistakes of the past.

"Seeing heads roll" may be cathartic, but it won't solve problems. I also believe in accountablility and responsibility but as I see it the responsibility lies with us and not our so-called representatives. It's up to us to do something about this mess, and pointing fingers will not solve the problems.

When heads (literally) rolled in France in 1793-94 they ultimately ended up with Napoleon - hardly the sort of solution we need right now.

Arthur

krogoth's picture
krogoth
The Antichrist is here

OK, for the last time, I am CONVEYING information from other sources. Showing both sides. I agree with some, and I disagree with others. I do want heads to roll. I want jail sentences. I want profit from this seized. I want justice.

What do I believe? I believe that if Ann Coulter and Bill O'reilly have a love child, the Antichrist is born. Here is what it may look like.

or this

or this

or this

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
Arthur VIbert wrote:

I'm sorry. I don't see how this is furthering the conversation. I think there are plenty of idiots on both sides, and while some of the people in the list above fall into that category, there are plenty who don't. Instead of pointing fingers and continuing the partisan rhetoric shouldn't we be looking for solutions that work for all of us?

Arthur

ABSOLUTELY!

First, you need a new electroral system.  For a nation that prides itself as the birthplace of modern democracy, your system REALLY sucks.......  Like WHY do you have different voting methods in different states?  In Australia we have a universal prefernetial voting system.  We number squares on bits of paper in PENCIL!

So this way you can vote for the most unelectable candidate (as a protest if you wish) and STILL get someone from a major party elected if enough idiots wissh it so.... 

This method means you can put the screws on majors parties by insisting they implement certain policies to get your party's preferences...

Then you should stop ALL political donations.  ANY donations from corporations over ten bucks punished with jail sentences.

Now go get'em! 

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

Krogoth

Can you please avoid posting 1/2 megabyte pics?  Some of us have download quotas you know! 

krogoth's picture
krogoth

Not my fault, babe. The resizing does not work on CM's website. I will try to edit them down the next time. The re-size of the pic should lower its file size automatically, but it does not work. I figured you for a 1200 baud modem man myself.

Peace,

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat
Damnthematrix wrote:

First, you need a new electoral system.  For a nation that prides itself as the birthplace of modern democracy, your system REALLY sucks.......  Like WHY do you have different voting methods in different states?  In Australia we have a universal prefernetial voting system.  We number squares on bits of paper in PENCIL!

You mustn't understand us, Matrix. See, we specialize in utterly asinine and inane political and civic processes and protocols. Next, we pride ourselves regarding their asininity and inaneness and make the memorization of their vicissitudes its own scholarly discipline. Then people like CNN's Andersen Cooper-clone John King regurgitate these facts to the awe of mainstream media watchers.

There comes a moment in every intelligent American's life (yes, there are some) when they realize that politicians are actually not elected through direct democratic mechanisms but through intermediary representatives of the real voters (delegates) and the bizarre anachronism known as the electoral college. The vast majority of Americans still don't understand that the electoral college actually gives different weight to votes from different states and that one vote in Wyoming is not the same thing as one vote in Ohio because the amount of delegates that each state has is not directly a function of population, registered voters, or ballots cast. 

So we've now reached the point were the apotheosis of participatory democracy is showing up every four years to vote for one of two people in a curtained chamber and then going back to watching TV while engaging in protest, demonstration or lively discussion (public or private) is more or less the purview of those who don't appreciate their "freedoms" and most likely hate America anyway.

Lastly, America will never reform its electoral system, especially if it involves mimicing someone else's, because we are far too arrogant and prideful.

radiance's picture
radiance

Ahhh the savory scent of the ethereal beauty of words. Although I am drunkenly staggered by lightning fisted illumination by new word use, I am reaching for the dictionary in hopes that I might add these to my passive then maybe active vocabulary. Thanks mainecooncat for a piece that stretches my data set.

Ron

Oh ya, well put

radiance's picture
radiance

Any degree of honest introspection would demand that we all admit we have at sometime in life suffered from adolescently spouting uncontrolled accusing tantrums of another's statement in order to avoid the unbearable woundedness born-out of some event that usually takes place in adolescence but not always. On the heals of a tantrum occasionally some will spontaneously journey into elaborate yet faulty constructs as a means to further isolate an internal wound that has risen from the depths of the soul. When children do such things we hopefully understand it in the commonness of childhood behavior and nurture them gently so as not exacerbate the event. When adults do it we respond in diverse manners; some times helpful at other-times with the fury out of our own woundedness. My wife can easily send me trippin' if she desires. Thanks be to God she has matured since I have a long way to go.

What we are witnessing ihrough one person's series of posts both here and in other threads is an adult who is wounded. May I suggest to the person, if you have the self confidence; within your own private thoughts, focus on the emotional pain rising in your soul while asking God to reveal the earliest memory from your life that is associated with this painful emotion. Once the memory and the pain are in full focus ask the Great Physician to reveal the lie associated with the memory. Having seen the truth you will never, never be affected by this event again. Then look up and realize you are created not evolved and the capacity to introspectively examine yourself is because you are created in the image of God. The capacity of self awareness is a neonatal glimpse into a tiny part of the essence of your creator from whom you are estranged. 

Seek and you will find,

Ron

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments