10 86 investments ?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
bcc87's picture
bcc87
10 86 investments ?

Has anybody invested in these plans? Are they really loop holes as described?

please message privately if more comfortable. 

bcc87's picture
bcc87
some nobody on site has

some nobody on site has invested in 10/86 investment plans or has good/bad experiences?

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Describe

Bcc87

It might help if you describe what a 10 86 is.  I know a bit about investing and I've never heard of it.

Travlin 

Angus Mitchell's picture
Angus Mitchell
10-86 plan

It looks to me that the term 10-86 plan is actually made up by some investment advice firms to market a MLPs (Master Limited Partnerships), energy MLPs to be exact.

Upon further research I found this article discussing both the term 10-86 plan and some companies that are considered 10-86 plans http://www.pennymotion.com/penny-stock-newsletters/little-known-loophole-could-triple-investing-income/.

The article talks about the 10-86 plan or Energy MLP as taking advantage of some sort of tax loophole that was exposed or created during the Reagan administration era for real estate related partnerships (I think).  It is my understanding that some aspects of oil and gas are considered real estate and are afforded the same tax advantages.  Leave it up to the investing firms to find those loopholes! lol Hope this helps.

Angus

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Welcome

Angus

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the information.

Travlin 

bcc87's picture
bcc87
Angus, yes that is what I

Angus, yes that is what I read as well. I was curious if somebody on this site has invested

lottomillions99's picture
lottomillions99
Can you tell me about this

Can you tell me about this plan more. I  don't know about this.

Thanks

redryder459's picture
redryder459
dmac59's picture
dmac59
10-86 plan

I looked into this 10-86 plan and I was interested in investing in this. It is an investment in leasing the actual pipeline that oil travels through. These are the pipelines that are everywhere. The oil companies don't own them, but they HAVE TO LEASE THEM. The loophole is they have to pay the investors 90% of the profits back to the investors. That is why they get a massive tax cut. Good for them, good + for the investor. The biggest one is in Texas and the up an coming one is the one that is, or will be the Canadian one coming to the US. I hope this helps. The only thing I don't know is how to invest in this company, or companies. I don't know the names of these companies..

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments