“TARP on Steroids” - Section 1204 (Be Afraid!!)

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
rowmat's picture
rowmat
“TARP on Steroids” - Section 1204 (Be Afraid!!)

Did anyone see this?!!!...

Geithner proposes to give authority to the Executive Branch to issue all future taxpayer funded bailouts to banks with NO cost limit, NO time limit, NO limit on executive bonuses and compensation and NO oversight!

This has the pontential to make Paulson's TARP 'bait and switch' operation seem like a picnic.

http://thehill.com/special-reports/finance-sept-2009/60067-geithner-reje...

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Re: “TARP on Steroids” - Section 1204 (Be Afraid!!)

Good grief...we are in a race to hell.  Thanks for the post!

goes211's picture
goes211

rowmat,

Thanks for the heads up.  I have never heard about this.  We have such little of a republic left it is amazing to watch the people that largely caused the crisis like Geithner claim that they need even more power with out oversight to keep us safe.  It was nice to see a Democrat call out his own party on this.   Change we can believe in my ass!

ron45's picture
ron45
rowmat wrote:

Did anyone see this?!!!...

Geithner proposes to give authority to the Executive Branch to issue all future taxpayer funded bailouts to banks with NO cost limit, NO time limit, NO limit on executive bonuses and compensation and NO oversight!

These people are RAPTORS. They just nearly killed themselves with their version of a free market and now they want more freedom to rake it in at any cost. What happened to personal responsibility?

The problem is this country made business feel like they were special. These people are merchants! The laws governing the structure of corporate malice need to be re written to make them accessible to the people they harm. Under that system all these types will run for Connecticut or the Hamptons  to form a new party [ the really republiban ] and be immediately be replaced by people who have a less inflated sense of their place in the world. Maybe! It might take a few cycles to get some less arrogant people.

A good feel for today's biddness climate can be had by visiting: http://twobeerswithsteve.libsyn.com/

Try How about them apples. It's just one persons experience of merchant heaven at Harvard

Ron

West Oz 9999's picture
West Oz 9999

Found this quote on FS..

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."….. FREDERIC BASTIAT (From his important book ‘The Law).

Yeah precise and to the point..

West

SoonerMax's picture
SoonerMax

I don't see how a Congressman that understands what is going on can stay in his seat and keep from screaming his head off at this SOB when he tries to turn the table over and over again.  This video scares me as much as anything else i've seen in a long time.  We are in soooo much trouble.  I just don't know what else to say.

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Geithner and his criminal cronies...

... engineered this financial crisis.

Now they want the taxpayers to bailout them out of every future ponzi scheme they create 'ad infinitum'.

INDICTMENTS, PROSECUTION, RETURN THE STOLEN $TRILLIONS.... and send all these scum sucking leeches to PRISON for the rest of their days!!

V's picture
V

Does anyone one here besides me find this boring?

We have already established in  a trillion different ways that WE are getting screwed. Does anyone think anything is going to change with more or different regulation or even if more or different regulation could possibly happen?

Does anyone think seriously that any election could possibly change anything in any way that would benefit joe six pack?

If you answered yes to any of the above please send me a pm with the name of the intoxicant you are currently taking and take the eye test below to see if you can spot the sheeple.

V

ANNUAL EYE TEST ! ...... GOOD  MORNING

HILARIOUS!  (and I did see sheep..at first. Then I looked  closer to see if I recognized anyone!)  

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

V,

You're thinking is correct.  Nothing can change this but the citizen of the US via a revolution.  Whether that be peaceful or not, I don't know.  

The Evolutionary Ape's picture
The Evolutionary Ape

Anyone notice the cadence of words and nonverbal communication Geithner used...reminded me of Richard Bandler's NLP techniques. 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments