I thought that it might be a good idea to gather vaccine related discussions in one forum.
For me personally, this topic is currently very hot at this time for several reasons. My first (step) grandchild was born last night.
1) The mother (my step-daughter) and father live deep within “the Matrix” where all vaccines are good and the CDC vaccine schedule was handed directly from God to St Peter on a stone tablet, and from there passed to “Science” (capitalized to indicate “The One Infallible Truth”). Doubting the CDC guidelines is considered “anti-science” and is both wrong and morally repugnant. They will not let anyone hold the child unless they are up-do-date on their influenza and TDaP vaccinations. This creates a quandry for me as I reguard the flu vaccine as useless to slightly harmful (discussion planned below).
2) Within a few hours of his birth, in accordance with the CDC guidelines, the grandchild was given dose #1 of Hepatitis B vaccine. Thanks to GreenDoc, I have recently learned quite a bit about Hep B and it seems to me that this vaccination is A) harmful due to the 250 microgram aluminum nanoparticle load and the recent wealth of information that has emerged linking CNS nanoparticles of aluminum to the immune activation central to the autism process. (detailed discussion to follow), and B) un-needed as Hep B is primarily spread by sex and IV drug use with shared needles. Everyone in his home has been tested and is Hep B negative, he is not going to daycare or to to a nanny’s home, and they will not travel with the child to hepatitis endemic areas of the world. C) Ineffective–more than 50% of teenagers have lost protective antibody titers to hep B by the time they enter their teen years and must be vaccinated afresh at that time.
Areas that might need attention in a vaccine thread include:
1) The tremendous benefits of vaccination in the global health picture: polio, measles, yellow fever, rabies, tetanus.
2) The creation and impact of an imbalance between the Th1 and Th2 “arms” of the immune system. Fghting infections is conducted by the T-Helper Cells Type 1 (aka Th1) arm of the immune system, and has greatly reduced in the last 50 years, while modern-life (including vaccinations, several hundred chemicals and who knows what else) has increased autoimmune related diseases mediated by the Th2 arm. Modern life has created an epidemic of the Th2 mediated conditions: Autism, Allergies, Atopy, Asthma and Autoimmunity. Sometimes called the “Th1/Th2 skew.”
3) The emerging information about the way that nanoparticle aluminum salts are sequestered in macrophages and moved past the blood brain barrier, are not excreted in the urine like normal (soluble) aluminum, and the immune activation that follows from this.
4) Calculating the risk/benefit profile for a vaccination for a particular setting. As an example, the risk / benefit profile of the Yellow Fever vaccine is awesome for people in the Congo where Yellow Fever is endemic, but very poor in Chicago.
4) other things that seem important to other people. Various perspectives are assured!
This is copied from JB Handley’ book, “How to Stop the Autism Epidemic” Kindle Edition, which is recommended. All references at the bottom.
Five Studies of Unvaccinated Children
The first study that compared children who had received a vaccine with children who hadn’t was published in 2000. Although autism wasn’t something the study considered, it was still revealing. Titled “Effects of Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis or Tetanus Vaccination on Allergies and Allergy-Related Respiratory Symptoms among Children and Adolescents in the United States,” this study from the UCLA school of public health did look specifically at the DTP vaccine to see if it might be responsible for allergies and allergy-related symptoms, such as asthma.29 Looking at more than thirteen thousand children, the study found that: DTP or tetanus vaccination in US children is associated with lifetime history of asthma or other allergies and allergy-related symptoms, 50% of diagnosed asthma cases (2.93 million) in US children and adolescents would be prevented if the DTP or tetanus vaccination was not administered. So the first study to ever compare a group that received a vaccine with a group that didn’t found a dramatic difference in rates of asthma and allergies among the vaccinated group, so much so that they thought not getting the DTP vaccine might reduce cases of asthma by 50 percent! Note that many children with autism suffer from what are known as comorbid conditions, such as asthma, allergies, and other autoimmune conditions. [SP note–Allergies and Asthma are mediated by the Th2 arm of the immune system. Thus this study supports the view that vaccinations shift the Th1/Th2 balance towards the Th2 side that causes allergy and autoimmunity.]
In 2008 in the second study ever looking at a group of children who didn’t receive a vaccine, public health researchers Carolyn Gallagher and Melody Goodman from SUNY Stony Brook looked at the possible relationship between the hepatitis B vaccine and special education.30 Were children who received the full series of hepatitis B vaccines (three separate vaccines, the first one often given on day one of life) more likely to end up in special education classes than children who didn’t receive any hepatitis B vaccines? The study, “Hepatitis B Triple Series Vaccine and Developmental Disability in US Children Aged 1–9 Years,” was published in the journal Toxicological and Environmental Chemistry, and the results were pretty clear: The full series of hepatitis B led to a ninefold greater likelihood of receiving special education: This study found statistically significant evidence to suggest that boys in United States who were vaccinated with the triple series Hepatitis B vaccine … were more susceptible to developmental disability than were unvaccinated boys.… The odds of receiving EIS [special education] were approximately nine times as great for vaccinated boys (n = 46) as for unvaccinated boys (n = 7), after adjustment for confounders.
The same researchers from SUNY Stony Brook published another study in 2010, this time looking at the relationship between receiving the hepatitis B series and autism. Published in the prestigious Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, “Hepatitis B Vaccination of Male Neonates and Autism Diagnosis” once again reached very clear conclusions: “Boys vaccinated as neonates had threefold greater odds for autism diagnosis compared to boys never vaccinated or vaccinated after the first month of life.”31 Journalist David Kirby appreciated the significance of the new findings, writing in the Huffington Post: [The study] will be among the first university-based population studies to suggest an association between a vaccine and an increased risk for autism. And that would be in direct contradiction to all those MMR and thimerosal studies that purportedly found no such link. The two Goodman and Gallagher articles about hepatitis B raise many concerns. I’ve met pediatricians who feel that the hepatitis B vaccine specifically has triggered the epidemic of neurological disorders and autoimmunity we now see in our children. Hepatitis B was the first vaccine introduced after Congress indemnified vaccine makers from liability in 1986. The vaccine has a high dose of aluminum, which you will read in chapter 5 is likely a primary culprit of autism, and it’s often given to babies on day one of life, which many immunologists feel is a huge mistake. These two studies raise major concerns, but I’mguessing you never knew either of these studies existed, which supports my point about scientists and PR firms.
In 2017, something amazing happened. Two separate studies comparing vaccinated and completely unvaccinated children actually got published. Unlike the Goodman and Gallagher studies above, which only explored a single vaccine (the rest of a child’s vaccine status was simply not considered), these two new studies met the “gold standard”—they found children who had never received any vaccines and looked at their health outcomes in a variety of ways. The public health researchers from Jackson State University originally planned to publish a single study, until they looked at the data on children born prematurely, noting that the data on the difference in health outcomes for vaccinated versus unvaccinated premature infants was so dramatic it deserved its own study. Published in the Journal of Translational Science, the first groundbreaking study was called, “Pilot Comparative Study on the Health of Vaccinated and Unvaccinated 6- to 12-Year-Old U.S. Children,” and its results were so devastating to the US vaccine program that there wasn’t a single media outlet in the country that covered its release.32
The results of comparing vaccinated children to completely unvaccinated children were no surprise to me, my wife, or any of the autism parents I know, but perhaps would surprise others: The vaccinated were less likely than the unvaccinated to have been diagnosed with chickenpox and pertussis, but more likely to have been diagnosed with pneumonia, otitis media, allergies and NDD [neurodevelopmental disorders]. After adjustment, vaccination, male gender, and preterm birth remained significantly associated with NDD. Specifically, vaccinated children were found to have a fourfold higher likelihood of having autism. I’m reminded of a quote by Dr. Daniel Neides of the Cleveland Clinic from chapter 2, who wondered if we were making trade-offs that aren’t worth it. He said, “Some of the vaccines have helped reduce the incidence of childhood communicable diseases [like chickenpox and pertussis from the study above]. That’s great news. But not at the expense of neurologic diseases like autism and ADHD increasing at alarming rates.”33
Simultaneously, the Jackson State authors published a study in the same journal just looking at children born prematurely, titled “Preterm Birth, Vaccination and Neurodevelopmental Disorders: A Cross-Sectional Study of 6- to 12-Year-Old Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Children.”34 The results were disturbing, as the researchers found children born prematurely and vaccinated were fourteen times more likely to develop a neurodevelopmental disorder! The authors were appropriately concerned: Preterm birth coupled with vaccination, however, was associated with a synergistic increase in the odds of NDD, suggesting the possibility that vaccination could precipitate adverse neurodevelopmental outcomes in preterm infants. These results provide clues to the epidemiology and causation of NDD but question the safety of current vaccination programs for preterm infants.
Given what you’ve learned so far, are you surprised this study wasn’t in the news? Five separate studies, all comparing a group of children vaccinated with a group of children unvaccinated, at least for a single vaccine. I’m guessing that for most readers this is the first time you’ve read about any of these studies.
I think a fair question would be, “Why?” The answer is simple: Studies that might hurt the financial performance of pharmaceutical companies are not publicized by media outlets that derive advertising revenue from the pharmaceutical companies. Are We Being Lied To? Well, has it been asked and answered? Have scientists proven that vaccines do not cause autism? If you read this chapter with your mind even open a little, I know you know the answer to that question is, “not even close.” When spokespeople for the vaccine industry (who often masquerade as concerned doctors or scientists) tell you the science has been done, and when they even get a bit exasperated that they are still answering this question, perhaps remember that this is all part of the Tobacco Playbook to distract, redirect, and delay. The science hasn’t been done to “prove” vaccines don’t cause autism. As you’ll learn in chapter 5, in fact, the biological science is getting done, and it paints vaccines in a very different light.
Solurce: Handley, J.B.. How to End the Autism Epidemic . Chelsea Green Publishing. Kindle Edition.
29. Eric Hurwits et al., “Effects of Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis or Tetanus Vaccination on Allergies and Allergy-Related Respiratory Symptoms,” Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics 23, no. 2 (2000): 81–90.
30. Carolyn Gallagher et al., “Hepatitis B Triple Series Vaccine and Developmental Disability in US Children Aged 1–9 Years,” Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry 90, no. 5 (2008): 997–1008.
31. Carolyn M. Gallagher et al., “Hepatitis B Vaccination of Male Neonates and Autism Diagnosis,” Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health 73, no. 24 (2010): 1665–1677.
32. Anthony R. Mawson et al., “Pilot Comparative Study on the Health of Vaccinated and Unvaccinated 6- to 12-Year-Old U.S. Children,” Journal of Translational Science 3, no. 3 (2017): 1–12.
33. Neides, “Make 2017 the Year.”
34. Anthony R. Mawson et al., “Preterm Birth, Vaccination and Neurodevelopmental Disorders: A Cross-Sectional Study of 6- to 12-Year-Old Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Children,” Journal of Translational Science 3, no. 3 (2017): 1–8.
I don’t have time to do a full write up on this topic, but I wanted to introduce something entirely new to me and probably to most other doctors, nurses, paramedics and parents: that acetaminophen can adversely affect brain function and development in neonates. It should probably be avoided in children! (And this is currently by far the most commonly used drug in neonates!)
Acetaminiphen has a complex detoxification pathway and toxic metabolites can accumulate if the detox pathways should become overwhelmed. (Later I hope to return to the role of the aluminum and mercury in vaccines in further limiting the already very limited detoxification pathways of the neonate.)
These pdfs are from the lecture notes of Paul Thomas, MD (that greendoc sent me). APAP is acetaminophen (paracetamol, tylenol). Detoxification of APAP depletes the cells master anti-oxidant, glutathione.
The detoxification depends on being able to attach a glucuronide group, or a sulfate group to the acetaminophen molecule. Then using another sulfate compound, glutathione, to detox the next step.
There are 12 studies pointing to adverse effect of acetaminophen on brain function.
I hope to return to the hypothesis that aluminum and mercury impair these detox pathways, then when a live virus MMR is given at age 15 months (causing a fever) which is treated with tylenol, we have a perfect storm in the vulerable child.
An Economics and Finance professor, Gayle DeLong, does a statistical correlation between information in 3 databases and concludes that there is a correlation between the number of children receiving the full CDC vaccine schedule and the autism diagosis.
A positive association found between autism prevalence and childhood vaccination uptake across the U.S. population.
A positive and statistically significant relationship was found: The higher the proportion of children receiving [the full] recommended vaccinations, the higher was the prevalence of Autism or Speech and Language Impairements. A 1% increase in vaccination was associated with an additional [1.7%, or] 680 children having Autism or Speech and Launguage Impairment.
The Three Databases
1. The number of children with the diagnosis of Autism (AUT) and Speech and Language Impairment (SLI) was found at the US Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs.
2. The number of students came from the US Department of Education, Department of Statistics.
3. Vaccination schedule adherance came from the annual survey commissioned by the CDC and performed by the University of Chicago National Opinion Research Center (NORC). Each year, surveyors call the homes to find households with children age 19 to 25 months. When such a household is found, the interviewer asks what vaccinations the child has had. Follow up written survey. 30,000 households with children of appropriate age were located and vaccination history obtained.
Handling the Data
1. The children were classified into one of two groups:
A. Children who had received the ALL of CDC Recommended Vaccines by age 2, and
B. Those who had NOT received the ALL of CDC Vaccination Schedule by age 2.
Some of those in group B were completely unvaccinated while others were missing only one or several of the vaccinations making them partially vaccinated. Unfortunately, it was not possible to tease out further details of group B.
A snapshot of the states at one moment in time, 2002. The size of the red dot indicates the percentage of children with AUT and SLI diagnoses. The color shade of the state indicates the percentage of children FULLY vaccinated by age 2 in that state.
The legend in the bottom right is blurry and a magnified image is added here.
The association between receiving the full vaccination series and the diagnoses of AUT and SLI was positive and statistically significant with a coefficient of 1.7%.
1.7% was the coefficient linking the number of children with the AUT and SLI diagnosis with the full vaccination schedule. This means that increasing the full vaccination rate by 1% would increase the number of children with AUT and SLI by 1.7%.
Stated another way, among the 4 million children born each year in the USA, a 1% increase in full vaccination rate would increase the number of children with AUT and SLI by 633.
The author concludes by calling for a long-term outcome study comparing FULLY vaccinated children with completely unvaccinated children. [sounds right to me!]
The introduction to the article gives a nice summary of the state of the “biomedical approach” to autism in 2011.
I am a microbiologist, autism specialist, and the award winning author of Beating Autism. Your comments caught my attention. I am offering this smidgeon of recent history. The scientific study of which you wrote was the Walker-Smith, Wakefield study published in the Lancet in 1998 (20 years ago). The work was done at the Children’s Hospital of Liverpool. It was a study of the linings of the intestines of children on the autism spectrum. One hundred fifty children were involved. One hundred percent of them had measles, mumps and rubella colonizing the linings of their intestines. (150 is not a small study.) This put the pharmaceutical industry in a terrible light. Since these corporations control the peer review nature of the journals, the article was quickly called into question. Some of the paperwork on the part of Dr. John Walker-Smith had been filed incorrectly. That gave the Lancet an excuse to pull the article. Both Walker-Smith and Wakefield were villified by the pharmaceutical industry, they lost their medical licenses based upon a phoney accusation of fraud. Dr Andrew Wakefield received numerous death threats and was forced to flee Great Britian and live in hiding. (I know where he is as I see him from time to time at medical conferences.) The study did do one beneficial thing. It shone a light upon the level of mercury in vaccines. So for a few years, mercury became a hot topic. Most of the mercury was removed from the infant vaccines by 2002. It was then replaced by aluminum which is no better. Mercury remains in adult vaccines, aluminum was simply added on top after 2002. Both Drs. Wakefield and Walker-Smith struggled in court for years to be exonerated. Dr. Walker-Smith was completely exonerated in 2016. Dr Wakefield took up the cause of vaccine injury and autism, and has become a scapegoat and whipping boy for the pharmaceutical industry. He has done some fabulus work on behalf of vaccine-injured children everywhere.
Autism Treated and Cured
I continue in this line of posting mostly because it is so NEW and UNEXPECTED to me. As a traditional doctor, I was simply UNAWARE that it was reasonable and educated to be concerned about vaccine safety. I am learning a lot.
The Rebel Scientist
I remember hearing the story of the way that the Defeat Autism Now! (DAN!) group formed as a group of physicians, scientists, biochemists, toxicologists, nutritioniest who met in the living room of a founder. They met quietly. All had been driven from the comfortable “belongingness” of their herd into the dark world of rebel science. They had been driven out of the herd by PAIN. All had an autistic child or close relative. They dared to explore outside the group consensus.
Stephanie Senneff is an MIT Computer Science senior researcher who has turned her attention toward the origins of autism.
Empirical Data Confirm Autism Symptoms Related to Aluminum [in Vaccines] and Acetaminophen Exposure†
….. This paper investigates word frequency patterns in the U.S. CDC Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) database. Our results provide strong evidence supporting a link between autism and the aluminum in vaccines. A literature review showing toxicity of aluminum in human physiology offers further support. Mentions of autism in VAERS increased steadily at the end of the last century, during a period when mercury was being phased out, while aluminum adjuvant burden was being increased. Using standard log-likelihood ratio techniques, we identify several signs and symptoms that are significantly more prevalent in vaccine reports after 2000, including cellulitis, seizure, depression, fatigue, pain and death, which are also significantly associated with aluminum-containing vaccines. We propose that children with the autism diagnosis are especially vulnerable to toxic metals such as aluminum and mercury due to insufficient serum sulfate and glutathione. A strong correlation between autism and the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccine is also observed, which may be partially explained via an increased sensitivity to acetaminophen administered to control fever.
The full paper can be downloaded here. https://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/14/11/2227
These groups of professionals are developing the “biomedical approach” to autism. They are experimenting and sharing information on the nutritional treatments that can be used to optimize biochemistry and detoxify Aluminum and other heavy metals thought to be important.
I was happy to see NEvans post here.
A 3 minute interview of Neurosciences Professor Chris Shaw on the problem that the vaccine loads of Aluminum being given to our chldren have never been tested for safety!! Lab animal experiments demonstrate significant neurotoxicity from these doses, especially after the macrophage “trojan horse” mechanism for delivery of Aluminum Adjunct Nanoparticles (AAN) was discovered.
- To eliminate false vaccine information and protect public health, the U.S. federal government is mandating vaccine reeducation for vaccine deniers and refusers
- According to the new law, which will take effect one year from now on April 1, 2020, each vaccine reeducation camp will provide federally sanctioned reeducation on vaccines depending on level of vaccine resistance
- Level 1 will include infractions such as reading or sharing social media posts containing anti-vaccination sentiments. Level 2 will include level 1 infractions plus public voicing of anti-vaccination sentiments such as “I know someone who was injured by a vaccine”
- Claiming to have a vaccine-injured child will be considered a level 3 infraction, requiring the longest and most intense reeducation, regardless of whether the individual has engaged in any level 1 or level 2 infractions
- Following successful reeducation, parents will be given a certificate good for re-entry into society. At that point, they will be able to provide pre-established and appropriate answers to safety questions about vaccines, and both they and their children will be up to date with all vaccinations
Yes, it’s April Fools at Mercola.com! Read the full article here: https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2019/04/01/vaccine-r…
I’m not sure how far we ar from something like this. In Canada they tried a program where parents were required to watch a pro-vaccine film before getting an exemption. Their conversion rate was 0%.
Sandpuppy – thank you for putting in the work ot cut through the data and find out what is actually known. That BS about calling a group of children that simply lacked the MMR vaccine the “unvaccinated control group” is such bad science I can hardly figure out where to begin.
As a reminder, my background was study neurotoxic compounds, one of which was Thimerosal, so I know full well the delicacy of wiring up the axonal and dendritic machinery during development and jsut how subtle of a nudge can throw all of that badly off course. That it works at all is something of a miracle.
Here’s one paper I authored:
I had a fine series of such papers before I figured out that universities only cared about the research money (note that my Alma mater, Duke, just got knocked out of March Madness and got whacked with a $115 million fine for submitting falsified data in pursuit of NSF grants – double whammy!).
The point I’d like to make is that there’s a full on push ot stifle any and all inquiry into vaccines right now and the anti-anti-vax memes are pretty much a daily occurance on Reddit. It’s a fever pitch to shut down, demonize, and shame any and all questioners of the vaccination doctrine.
I have to wonder why?
The data revealed ehre says “there’s still many things we don’t yet know” and a responsible, caring, and empathetic culture would be pursuing that knowledge with vigor. Instead we find that the powers that be, mostly caring about money, are doing what they can to muddy the waters, stifle good investigations, shut down inquiries and often promote bogus studies. All so they can make money, not advance science, or promote better outcomes.
I know this runs afoul of some people’s belief systems that would rather remain locked int he view that “they” have our best interests at heart and that any accidents or oversights are unintentional, but there’s just too much contrary evidence for me to hold that view.
How hard would it be for the pharma companies and FDA to simply say “We’re still learning, there may be some bad effects, we don’t understand them yet, but we’re truly working on it”?
Apparently too hard.
The hubris on display, and greed, is stunning and depressing.
Look, the immune system is widly complex. So is morphogenesis, and child development generally. To claim we know how these things work is utter rubbish. A humble tribe would acknowledge that and work to increase its understanding. Instead we find that anybody quiestioning the existing orthodoxy is as hounded as Copernicus.
I thnk we all can look back and say “silly church!” but far fewer are willing to admit that the church is still effectively here, albeit in different form, and stiffling voices that dare to expose its falacies.
New day, same stuff. Humans being humans, that’s the constant.
I didn’t think you (Chris) would sit this discussion out completely, given your background!
When you feel ready, I would love to hear your thoughts on the aluminum adjunct nanoparticle topic specifically, and aluminum toxicity more generally.
At least you know which way the wind is being blown.