Here’s a list of the books mentioned during this past weekend’s seminar:
- Healing Developmental Trauma by Laurence Heller
- The Body Never Lies by Alice Miller
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
- The Creature from Jekyll Island by G. Edward Griffin
- The Origin of Wealth by Erik Beinhocker
- Finding Your Way To Your Authentic Career by Adam Taggart
If you have other good books you think this group would benefit from reading, please add them in the Comments section below.
Here are more books on trauma and healing that folks might find interesting:
The Five Personality Patterns – Steven Kessler – I highly recommend this book. The basis is very similar to Larry Heller's Healing Developmental Trauma and it includes ways of overcoming the survival styles we all develop.
Neuroception: A Subconscious System for Detecting Threats and Safety – Stephen Porges – In a very understandable way this brief article describes how we subconsciously detect threat.
In An Unspoken Voice – Peter Levine – a great description of Somatic Experiencing
Traumaproofing Your Kids – Peter Levine & Maggie Kline
Freedom From Pain – Peter Levine & Maggie Phillips
The Body Bears The Burden – Robert Scaer
Eight Keys To Brain Body Balance – Robert Scaer
Please let me know if you have any questions about any of these or want something different.