As discussed, I think it would be an excellent idea to post screen-shots of the Crash Course in the photos section of the Facebook page.
Is anyone willing to take screen captures from key slides in the Crash Course for posting on Facebook? The best way to do this would be to do it right from the browser and then crop with photo editing software.
If someone would like to step up to the plate on this, please reply to this post stating your interest.
Is there some way to get some mention of the facebook group on Chris’s homepage? I expect a lot of the recent members to the group were in connection to Christopher’s new forum topic … but now that no longer shows up in the new forum topics. Perhaps there could be a short invitation under the ‘crash concepts’ section with the group link. Another option might be to plan something that could sit in the ‘upcoming events’ box for a week or two. Maybe an event like ‘Invite all your friends on facebook to join PeakProsperity.com week’.
Is there also some way we can get Chris himself to join??
I am working on trying to get an "external links" panel on the main page that has links to the Facebook page, YouTube channel, and anything else we come up with. I plan to propose it to Erik soon and hopefully it will be something Chris finds wortwhile.
Tasks that need to be accomplished:
1. Crash Course screen shots for Facebook and future social networking sites
2. Some language in the beginning of the Facebook page indicating that it is the official page and that others are "fan sites". Do it kindly.
3. Facebook page creator to go join all of the other "Chris Martenson" fan sites on Facebook, join, leave a comment, and contact the creator inviting them to join the Martenson Brigade and combine efforts.
4. A new post on the public forums about the Facebook page. This could be a follow-up post updating progress, maybe talking about how many new members have joined, etc.
5. We still need the username and password for the Facebook page. Please send it by email to [email protected].
2. Done, as follows, (input appreciated!): "This is the official Facebook group for http://www.PeakProsperity.com and "The Crash Course". Other groups have been created by fans and supporters, whose opinions may or may not reflect those of Dr. Martenson." Feel free to log in and change it – all you have to do is log in to your personal facebook account, click the groups icon, navigate to the chrismartenson group, and click edit groups (not sure if you know how to do that already).
3. I’m not the creator, but I joined the other pages and have already written on the walls of two of them (one yesterday, one in october). I can post on the others’ walls and message their admins/creators, or we can leave that up to kevin (whichever is fine with me).
4. Sure, i’ll post an update on the two already existing threads right now =]
5. There isn’t a username and password – right now the admins, who each have control, are Chris, Luc, Kevin, and myself. The only way to be able to access it with admin priviliges is to have a facebook page, join the group, and be promoted to admin level by one of the existing admins.
as to the first task, i won’t be able to get to something like that until break in a week and a half, but it would be great to have a database type directory/album (perhaps on flickr or some similar site) with good screenshots.
Thanks for taking care of these items so quickly.
A few comments/questions:
1. That’s okay. You don’t have to be the one who does it either. Perhaps we can get someone else interested in taking on the task?
2. That’s good. I just wanted to make it clear that this is the official page and others are fan sites, which are completely welcome to operate.
3. That’s fine for anyone to do it.
4. I was thinking we could post a new forum topic so it will show up on the front page. If there is a concern that we would be percieved as "spamming" the public boards, maybe we shouldn’t. Everyone feel free to give me your feedback.
5. So, hypothetically, I or Chris could add or remove anyone as an admin? We just want to be sure that we have complete control of the page in the event that the unlikely should happen and we have to remove someone, take down the page, etc.
Thanks for your responses. Good luck at the debates!
4) that would probably be seen as obnoxious… perhaps you or another admin could delete the "old" thread and we replace it? Or we could sticky it, although that seems to be a bit much…I’m really not sure. It does get pushed to the top when we add a post, and it appears in the "Recent Comments" box on the side. Definitely going to need some more input on this one.
5) Not hypothetically – that’s entirely how it is =] You have the ability to edit the info, remove group members, add admins, remove wall posts, remove pictures, movies, whatever – naturally it’s helpful to have multiple admins just so that it’s looked at at least daily. Complete control is yours…although i’m not sure if you have the power to remove admins, if only kevin does as creator, or if admins have to voluntarily step down. We can easily figure that out though.
I was wondering if you’d allow me to message all the facebook group members with a simple message, hitting a few main points:
- Thank you for joining
- Reference to the DVD purchasing site
- Reference to the torrent downloads
- Request to invite as many friends as possible on facebook to "grow the group" and spread the word
- Suggestion to write a note when distributing DVDs, informing the recipient(s) of the facebook group, and, if comfortable, beginnning to organize small and local crash course groups. For example, i am part of an organic food co-op and will be leaving DVDs for people to pick up as they’d like, with a brief note explaining the crash course, and contact information if there’s interest in forming a local group of some sort.
- Cheesy happy-holidays type ending
Would that be okay? Anything else you, or another brigade member, would like to add?
P.S. i’m still working on the youtube summaries. I’m up to chapter 10 now.
I think that is an excellent idea. I think all points on there are great (even the cheesy holiday-type ending!) When you send it out, be sure to post a copy of it here for all to read as well.
On your fifth bullet: Aside from being a stellar idea, I am interested in your organic co-op DVD distribution effort. This sounds like a great project. Would you be interested in posting some more details about it in the new Promote the Crash Course section? Another good place for it would be in the DVD Project & Sales Reporting section of the MB forums. It’s just one of those little things that is an inspiration for others. Sometimes people pass up the small, achievable ideas like that in pursuit of grandiose, untouchable concepts. If you don’t have the time, no biggie.
Futuo, you are a tremendous asset to this team and I am glad have you on board.
maybe some stats on the facebook site like we saw on the cm site?