PLEASE READ: This Website Will Change On Tues Apr 30
Most readers know we’ve been hard at work behind the scenes rebuilding the guts of the PeakProsperity.com website.
We’re moving the website off of an older platform (Drupal 6) and migrating it to a much better one for us (the latest WordPress version).
We’re going to be flipping the switch to the new platform soon — specifically, on Tuesday, April 30.
Here’s what to expect on Tuesday:
- The “look and feel” of the PeakProsperity.com website won’t change. The new site will look almost identical to the old. You’ll be able to read and navigate the site the exact same way.
- You will not be able to comment on the site for the first few hours. We need a little time to finishing porting over all of the articles & user data, so new content (like comments) can’t be added until that process is done. Barring any unforeseen snags, that should only last for a few hours.
- Features and functionality will remain the same, but the controls will look a little different. For example, the comment submission fields will be located in the same place and act the same way. But WordPress designs the controls differently than Drupal, so the interface will look at little new to you.
- The Today’s Markets module on the home page will finally be working! We’ve replaced the old broken module with a cool new scrolling ticker of the financial prices we monitor most frequently each day. It’s a very useful at-a-glance update of what’s happening during the day, and it provides one-click access to our awesome and also newly-improved Today’s Market page
- Groups have been rolled back into Forums. After trying hard for 7 years to get folks to interact with our Groups, we’ve concluded that its best they now live within the Forums, and that going forward, we focus on making the Forums the best they can be.
- There will be bugs — lots of them! Our ask is that you 1) report any major ones you find, and 2) be patient with us as we scramble to fix them in the days following the launch. Every new major site release has things unexpected go wrong — this will be no exception. But we commit to tirelessly working to resolve them as they get identified.
Thanks in advance for your tolerance of our ‘transition pains’ as we launch the new site version on Tuesday. Being on WordPress opens up the door to releasing a long list of new services and improvements to the PeakProsperity.com experience that we’ve been dreaming about for years!
Adam & Chris
Looking forward to it. Good luck with it all.
Is there a specific email address (outside of the website) set up for this process?
Or within the website, where do we report problems we may find?
Thanks and Good Luck.
So will the url for https://www.peakprosperity.com/group/peakprosperity-northeast-iowa continue to be the same?