Peter Schiff Reaction to the State of the Union Address Feb-24-09
This is a great commentary about the speech that Obama gave last night.
The video quality is not great, but the audio is good.
Thanks for posting CaWayne,
Given what Peter had to say, he seemed incredibly calm… Almost didn’t sound like Peter.
Thanks for sharing.
Might as well post Ron Paul here too,
I watched the Ron Paul video first and then Peter Schiff’s video, they kind of go together, Schiff says that the govt is doing everything wrong to save the economy and Paul says they are working towards a one world govt, maybe they don’t want to save the economy so as to create a crisis to facilitate this end? We’ll have to wait and see.
gregroberts said: Paul says they are working towards a one world govt, maybe they don’t
want to save the economy so as to create a crisis to facilitate this
Lord Acton – "The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the people versus the banks."
The One World Government talk is actually one that gets me a little apprehensive. I’ve come across a small number of other people that have the same concerns, and they are not even Ron Paul loyalists…
I don’t think it’s a conspiracy to see that the central bankers are working together closer than they ever have before. It’s also not a conspiracy to take Gordon Brown, Nick Sarkozy, and others at their world when they speak of "global solutions" and "New World Financial Order." The point is that governments are attempting to link the global economy closer than ever before. This seems rather imprudent, to say the least, as the resource limitations we face are going to increase the risks of depending on far flung regions to supply us with goods.
To say the least, World Government sounds ineffective from my perspective, but if you really want to get conspiratorial, then I suppose you could speculate all sorts of diabolical goals that the global statists might have. This is certainly a concern of mine, but I think we’re already seeing protectionist pressures. Global government probably just won’t work. They might try for it, but I think the "power of the market" will win in the end.
On the flip side, this wouldn’t be the first time that a crisis was invented, exagerrated, or extended for the explicit purpose of consolidating or transferring power. As I understand it, the Roman leaders did this all the time…Rome went from a Republic to an Empire, and now Rome is a historical lesson.
Now guys, I ask you: How do you run a One World Government in a Powerdown situation?
Mike, don’t you think a "New World Financial Order" IS what’s needed? A zero growth, usury free, sustainable one? Now I’m not saying that’s what they have in mind, at THIS stage, but surely even blind Freddie will soon see this is the only solution? They just don’t know it yet……
A "one-world" currency or any type of global financial order is just another name for, and an excuse for, the creation of another layer of fiat money.
They cannot think in any terms different from fiat money – it’s in their DNA. In their world, "if only" we had another fiat currency in an "umbrella" position over all the other fiat currencies, then this global currency would be the last last lender of last resort. Acording to their logic, this would prevent something like the current collapse from happening.
Of course, anyone on this site knows this would only cause even larger bubbles and busts, and more destruction of wealth.
Yeah it’s not a conspiracy at all anymore when everything is in the public eye if people would just SEE it…
1. The UN, the IMF, the World Bank…the structures are already in place. And we see what happens when these institutions get hegemonic control like they have in Africa and parts of SE Asia…raping of wealth/resources, impoverishment, starvation, war.
2. Progress has been made on the Trilateral Commission’s efforts: EU is done, NAU is coming. Good news is Asia union is still a long way off and might never happen given how profoundly China and Japan hate each other.
3. The royal families, Rothschild representatives, Rockefeller, key politicians and corporate types meet every year behind closed doors. To what end do you think? Why isn’t it reported? The mass media raises hell when powerful people go behind closed doors, but not a peep from them when this Bilderberg Group meets.
4. Many politicians since Wilson have talked about it (though their initial attempt with the League of Nations failed, they got the Federal Reserved established under Wilson). Kissinger (member of Bilderberg) has talked about it for 30 years. JFK warned against it. Bush senior publicly supported it. Clinton and Bush jr put a lot of the NAU infrastructure in place. And as Mike says, a lot of current politicians are directly endorsing it.
5. Public corporations create a huge amount of momentum toward one-world administration. Mass media does too.
Having said all that, this economic collapse is the death knell of their efforts. Steady inflationary growth under the global Fed banks was driving us toward globalization and one-world govt. Now the people who want it are in trouble. The question is how strongly they’re going to try to maintain control and keep power at the national/international level despite the fact that the economic engine behind it is now dead. If they fight hard by oppressing people, life will be sucky. If they let natural evolution happen, we will go back to a more local world…societies based on relationships and community…the opposite of globalization. I pray they choose the latter. I will probably not stay in the US if they choose the former.
I had seen part of the Ron Paul video before but thanks Greg for posting the full one.
I found it very interesting that Ron Paul warned that the CBers want to control the natural resources of the world. This is the first time that I think I’ve heard him say that…Having centralized global control of resources would be one of the biggest infringements on national sovereignty and personal liberty that I can imagine. That’s pretty much the end of the Road to Serfdom.