Lets make our own wanted list
I want to start a topic of who you think the people are responsible for the economic collapse, recession (which I think we are in) and possible depression. Any one can be included, and these people deserve prosecution, treason charges or seizure of personal assets due to the way they handled corporations or government positions.
My list and why- Not in order of importance
1) United States Treasury Secretary- Henry Paulson- This 500 million dollar man (probably more) has strong ties to China (where probably most of his money is safely hiding right now) and is the former CEO of Goldman Sachs. Thank him for making sure all the crooked bank executives are getting great multi-billion dollar bonuses out of the 700 billion dollar bailout
2) Chairman of the Board of Governors of the United States Federal Reserve- Ben Bernanke- This man is a narcissistic tool, and is the conductor of the orchestration of the downfall of our country
3) Ex-CEO of Fannie Mae Franklin Raines- Lied to the government about the sub-prime mess, He cooked the books at Fannie to increase his compensation (more than $50 million) then bailed before the mess came home to get him
4) Chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation- Sheila C. Bair- Gave a sweetheart deal to JPM Chase killing more that 100 year old Washington Mutual in a deal being investigated in the wrong way going after WAMU execs when they should be investigating her and JPMChase CEO Jamie Dimon
5) CEO of JPMChase Jamie Dimon- The weapon of mass American corruption- How much crap this guy gets away with is incredible. And how much the government assists him is unbelievable
6) Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan- Sat stupid while all the seeds of the sub-prime mess were being planted and acted as if nothing was happening
7) Former Washington Mutual CEO Kerry Killinger- Led shareholders down the Yellow Brick Road, jumped ship after ruining WAMU, and replaced himself with an overpriced buffoon to face the music, and creating the biggest bank failure in history, leaving shareholders with nothing and causing massive emotional and financial stress to millions
OK that’s my starters. Add who you think and why.
Perhaps our time would be better spent working on our self assessment "to do" lists.
Perhaps, but accountability is very important I think for people to understand the individuals responsible for this, with some of them still making large bonuses, or made money during the years leading up to it. I think it’s important for all the people on Chris board to know who the players are in this game, and identifying the conditions and individuals that got us into this mess.
It’s also important that a lot of these individuals be prosecuted and the assets they made during this crisis seized, as well as current bankers and corporations making tons of money from the 700 billion bailout package for themselves. I think as well it should go back a few years to the architects of this whole mess.
I suggest you start another thread called "our self assessment to do list" and monitor it yourself. Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it. I for one don’t want to see any of these greedy bloodsuckers profit one dime off the American public or the bailout package. Bailout money for individuals is simply a crime, and should be watched, reported and wisely communicated to as many people as possible. It’s a passive, I will just pay my taxes, trust my government and keep my mouth shut, and buy as much as I can on credit that got us into all these problems.
We as individual citizens combined have all the power to do anything, the government has seemed to have forgotten this, and they work for us.
I hate to say it, but I feel we are all responsible. We elected the individuals you listed. Like you said, we have much more power than we think. America is just brainwashed…..we think we need a large and "involved" government.