Is Big Media a Big Dinosaur? BE THE MEDIA: The Internet Age has Change Media And How YOU Control YOUR Message
I recently discovered a new book on controlling your media message AND the revenue that your efforts generate. It is called BE THE MEDIA and comes with many stellar recommendations, including media heavyweights and a Nobel Prize winning Journalist.
I believe that the book will have a bigger impact on ALL media than what we have experienced in the last 25 years.
It may even be something folks here may consider using to share and help others reach their dreams, too.
Details on Be The Media is available here.
I have included the testimonials so you can see why I am impressed. A game changer?
"David Mathison’s BE THE MEDIA is a text and bible on how modern methods permit every person and organization to reach an audience that only a few years ago was reserved for the multi-billion dollar media conglomerates. It is a reference for uninhibited and unlimited methods that use print, computers, and the whole spectrum of devices right at hand in almost every community and household. It shows how to spread ideas without the traditional massive presses, major networks and commercial studios."
– Ben H. Bagdikian: Author, The New Media Monopoly; Pulitzer prize-winning journalist; Dean Emeritus, Graduate School of Journalism at the University of California, Berkeley
"David Mathison’s BE THE MEDIA offers the preposterous idea that broadcasting and publishing need not be exclusive to industrial titans. You (yes, he means you) can take the "big" out of "media" and return this most important feature of democracy to the people. The practical advice offered in this book are ideas whose time has come … and none too soon. For those who’ve come to understand that the "news" and what’s hot in popular culture are decisions made by large corporations, this book is must reading. Here is the hand book for those Americans who want to join and help lead the revolution that is urgently returning to the people, the power of conveying information to a populace starved for new ideas from outside the box of big business commercialism." – Phil Donahue
"BE THE MEDIA is the ‘Whole Earth Catalog‘ for independent media."
– Steven Piersanti: President, Berrett-Koehler Publishers
"BE THE MEDIA brings together a remarkable group of independent thinkers and media executives to create a provocative preview of the future of media."
– Alexander Hungate: Former Chief Marketing Officer, Reuters
"BE THE MEDIA is uplifting and empowering."
– Tim Wu: Columbia University Law Professor. Chairman, FreePress.net
"If BE THE MEDIA didn’t exist, like Voltaire’s God, it would have to be invented. David Mathison has assembled a mind-boggling collection of essays by people on the front lines of producing independent media. Since we are rapidly on our way to a point where that could include just about everyone, this is a book everyone needs to read."
– Robert McChesney: Co-founder, FreePress.net.Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Author or editor of 12 award-winning books, including Telecommunications, Mass Media, and Democracy; Our Media, Not Theirs; Rich Media, Poor Democracy; The Problem of the Media.
"If you are going to play the game, it helps to know the rules. If you want ink and airtime for your book, you need to know how the System works. David Mathison’s BE THE MEDIA reveals the secrets."
– Dan Poynter: Author and Publisher, The Self-Publishing Manual (15th Edition)
Again, Be The Media information is available here.