Extra tip for homemade face mask. Sow in a paper towel that won’t dissolve.
Share information. Be part of the solution and not part of the problem.
Good idea to collect mask ideas in one place. I’ll repost this one here:
I’m going with bandana and hair tie approach plus adding the n95 filter fabric layer as seen in video below. I was able to find the n95 filters from home depot.
Here are videos, patterns for no-sew and sewn masks. Note that two seem to be suitable for healthcare workers (not as good as manufactured but acceptable) who otherwise don’t have masks. Of course, these are not “approved” by officialdom, but the doctor in the first video said, “Any mask is better than no mask.”
* A Doctor Explains How to Make the Safest Face Mask (video) using a standard HEPA filter vacuum bag. With instructions for sewing.
https://masks4all.co/#how-to-make-a-mask with instructions for making
* NoSewMask with T-shirt + paper towel
* NoSew mask made with paper towel + rubber bands
* Professional looking sewn mask
Quick Face Mask without Sewing, using a t-shirt and 2 hair bands or rubber bands, like the one made with a Handkerchief or Bandana
* Sewing pattern for simple rectangular mask with pleats on the side: Deaconess – How to make a Face Mask. Idea: use flannel for the inside layer. Soft against the skin plus good for filtering out particles.
* Pattern for close-fitting N95-shaped mask from CraftPassion
5 Free DIY Face Mask Tutorials from Sew Can She.com (duplicates some of the above links).
Cossack silver masks:
I spray my masks with silver dihydrogen citrate to leave a residual amount of silver both outside and inside the mask. Since SDC is non-toxic, I also apply it to my face and hands.