VIDEO Resilient Farm Manager Opportunity (KY/OH)
Fellow PP Member in KY/OH region along Ohio River looking for Farm Manager… see video… Does anyone know of the best sites to post this position?
B-Run Farm in Augusta, KY
B-Run Farm seeks to hire a part-time year-round Farm Manager (FM). FM will be provided full-time on-site housing in a restored 1800s farmhouse (3BR/2BA). B-Run Farm is a 140-acre farm consisting of 20 acres of pasture/farmland. FM will be tasked with implementing a strategy and executing the development and production of agricultural crops and livestock. An emphasis will be placed on using organic and sustainable agriculture techniques.
This job will include part-time salary commensurate with experience and education. Farm will be flexible with days of the week and times of the day when the FM conducts its duties. FM must be proficient in operating and maintaining mowing and cultivating equipment, and have demonstrated skills working with animals or a keen interest and aptitude for learning to do so. The FM must be interested in pursuing a career involving agriculture.
We are open to the FM developing their own enterprises on the farm. We view the FM as a business partner, and would like to help them achieve their enterprise goals.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Grounds Keeping and Maintenance
· Farm planning, production and marketing
· Food production – especially vegetables
· Management of Rotational Grazing
· Livestock Husbandry including swine, poultry, goats, horses
· Be at least 21 years old
· Be dedicated, motivated, physically active, and able to lift at least 50 pounds
· Enjoy working outdoors in all types of weather
· Be a team player and good communicator
· Have 3 years farm experience or similar technical training
· Possess a valid driver’s license
· Be able to pass background check
Augusta, KY (pop. 1,190) is a town located on the Ohio River close to the Bluegrass region. Located 45 miles from Cincinnati, OH and 70 miles from Lexington, KY. B-Run Farm is a family friendly atmosphere and applicants with families will be welcomed. The property has access to 2 public and 1 private school district choices. B-Run Farm has miles of trails along creeks and forests for hiking or horseback riding. Beautiful views, creeks, and wildlife abound at B-Run Farm.