Current Covid experience – what next?

Login or register to post comments Last Post 0 reads   30 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)
  • Thu, Apr 08, 2021 - 05:14pm

    #1
    lmcdel

    lmcdel

    Status Bronze Member (Offline)

    Joined: Jul 12 2012

    Posts: 39

    count placeholder2

    Current Covid experience – what next?

For those who have used IVM and other treatments… wondering what you would now do if you were me.

My high schooler was exposed to covid-19 2 weeks ago. Went to a gathering, and another kid there went home after just an hour, with a sore throat. That was enough to pass on the virus to my child. This is how things have unfolded:

Monday afternoon – we found out my child’s friend tested positive. My child started isolating, and my other child and I went into quarantine. My child tested positive on Thursday (rapid test at home). I gave him 12 mg IVM on Wed/Thurs/Fri. I took IVM prophylactically on Tues and Thurs. My other child and I tested negative on Friday (PCR test via county health dept).

I started having mild symptoms this past Monday… just congestion and a cough when I lay down at night, plus some unusual tiredness… a feeling of “I’m pooped and need to sit down” rather than a desire to nap. We have high pollen count and big winds here, so I would chalk this up to allergies but for my child’s covid. Perhaps I should have treated it “as if” – but, it was confusing with these other environmental factors.

I listened to the latest FLCCC video last night, and discussion on IVM prophylactically, and decided I would next take it next Tuesday, ie, 2 weeks after 1st dose, and continue every 2 weeks. I have been taking D3, C quercetin, mag, zinc daily.

A few minutes ago, I tested positive with a rapid at-home test.

Thinking perhaps I should start the Ziverdo kit tonight?  For some reason, the lag between my son’s onset of symptoms and mine has me somewhat confused. Or perhaps it is all the information I have taken in (and am SO grateful for).

Not sure what to do about my other child.  He is taking D, C, B complex. Perhaps wait on any IVM unless he shows symptoms? Thinking perhaps he should get tested again tomorrow?  I adamantly do not want the vax for any of us, at this point, so for all of us to get covid – with the supplements we have – seems like the best case scenario. Knock on wood.

Any feedback/ideas on treatment and best way to use IVM at this point would be great.

 

 

 

  • Thu, Apr 08, 2021 - 05:59pm

    #2
    Aria

    Aria

    Status Member (Offline)

    Joined: Aug 03 2020

    Posts: 21

    count placeholder1

    Current Covid experience – what next?

I would want to review all this with my doctor to see what I should do. Unfortunately, many doctors won’t discuss ivermectin. If I were in your situation, I would do a telemed visit with one of the doctors who follow the I MASK protocol and explain to them when symptoms started and what exact dosages you have taken so far, and they should be able to tell you what to do.

Here are some links. I have not used them, just what I have found here at PP and a couple of other places.

How to Get Ivermectin

SpeakwithanMD.com | Your Trusted Source for Virtual Consultations

https://myfreedoctor.com

https://text2md.com

Home

I hope you get better soon.

 

  • Thu, Apr 08, 2021 - 06:13pm

    #3
    Canuck21

    Canuck21

    Status Silver Member (Offline)

    Joined: Aug 10 2020

    Posts: 189

    count placeholder2

    Current Covid experience – what next?

I have no medical expertise and cannot give medical advice.

But speaking purely theoretically, I also listened to that webinar and was interested to hear Dr Stone’s comment that she hits covid in her patients as early as possible with a dose of 0.3 mg of IVM per kilo per day for 5 days, which is 50% more than the FLCCC recommends for treating positive covid cases. She did talk about trying to get a “mild” case of covid to give herself immunity but it seems a highly risky strategy to me. And she also said she’d caught it twice, so having it once guarantees nothing.

The lag between your son’s symptoms and yours developing is not out of line with all the scientific studies showing up to 14 days’ incubation period.

Disclaimer: consult your own doctor, of course.

Wishing you the best…

  • Thu, Apr 08, 2021 - 06:15pm

    #4
    Bill in La Mesa

    Bill in La Mesa

    Status Bronze Member (Offline)

    Joined: Dec 16 2020

    Posts: 75

    count placeholder2

    Current Covid experience – what next?

Agree with Aria.  Doubt you could get in trouble for procuring IVM & taking it yourself, but some doc’s could come unhinged if they hear you’ve given it to your kid(s).  Karen Whitsett (Detroit politician) got crucified just for thanking Trump for HCQ.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2020/04/25/detroit-democrats-unanimously-censure-lawmaker-karen-whitsett-who-credited-trump-covid-19-recovery/3025907001/

“Detroit Democrats unanimously censure lawmaker who credited Trump for COVID-19 recovery”

I would play your cards close to your chest if you can’t find a doc who’s open-minded about IVM.

I dearly hope all goes well for all of you.

  • Thu, Apr 08, 2021 - 07:04pm

    #5

    sand_puppy

    Status Platinum Member (Offline)

    Joined: Apr 13 2011

    Posts: 2754

    count placeholder10

    My Personal Covid plans

Hi Imcedel,

The odds are that all of your family will probably do well regardless of what you do.  And having the COVID infection giving you antibodies (and T-Cell response) gives a high degree of immunity.

[I am not at all impressed by stories of “getting it twice.”  The course of illnesses can wax and wane and the PCR test looks for RNA fragments for viruses that were present but may be long gone.  –Think of the general understanding of how the immune system meets any invader.  The invader progresses to overwhelm and destroy the host, or, the immune system responds effectively enough to suppress the infection.  The immune response is a long term response.]

I am probably not going to get the vaccine, but will need to gain and demonstrate immunity so that my family will be comfortable with me around.  My intention is to get the infection, become clinically sick, but not very sick, then hit ivermectin 0.4 mg/Kg orally daily for 5 days.  (This is double the standard dose.)  I’m using the horse paste personally, though I cannot legally recommend it to others as it has not been FDA approved for that use.  So I personally will double dose the horse paste daily x 5.  Plan on being sick for a week.

And the other stuff:  Vitamin C, ongoing Vitamin D3, Zinc, Multivitamin/mineral rich in Selenium and B complex, an aspirin a day, Melatonin high dose (20 mg once or twice daily) and Quercitin.  All ordered and in my drawer.

I have followed Covid19Crusher’s twitter feed and have several other back up meds on standby should things go south and I need more ammo.  A number of the very bright posters here have mentioned them.

But it looks to me that the best way through this point in history for me is to get clinically sick, let my immune system respond, prevent a severe course with meds and supplements, and then do antigen, PCR and antibody tests later to demonstrate to my family that I am safe to be around.

This is not advice to others.  Just my personal approach.  I’m pretty healthy at this point and am not at too high a risk.

  • Thu, Apr 08, 2021 - 07:07pm

    #6
    LBL

    LBL

    Status Silver Member (Offline)

    Joined: Apr 11 2020

    Posts: 238

    count placeholder0

    Current Covid experience – what next?

>>>  Any feedback/ideas on treatment and best way to use IVM at this point would be great.

 

I’ve been squeezing out a minimum amount from the Durvet tubes.

If you have IVM pills, you probably don’t need a scale.

If you are using the paste (1 Durvet holds about 100 doses), you need a way to measure it out.  to Titrate it.

A good scale.

After fiddling with digital scales, I am developing a liking for Analog scales.  (balance beam).

 

It would also help to have a chemistry geek type person to help double check your calculations, if you are breaking up a large amount into multiple single doses.

  • Thu, Apr 08, 2021 - 07:11pm

    #7

    sand_puppy

    Status Platinum Member (Offline)

    Joined: Apr 13 2011

    Posts: 2754

    count placeholder6

    Shifting between prophylaxis and treatment dosing

I have seen this confusion a number of times in friends, family and posters here:

1.  Use prophylaxis dosing when you feel absolutely wonderful and healthy.

2.  The moment you get SICK, shift to the treatment dosing.

——–

Let me give a different advice from LBL.

The Durvet horse paste is 1.87%.  This means that each 1 ml of paste contains 18.7 mg of ivermectin.  This is about the standard dose for a medium-to-large sized human being.

It is easiest to measure an IVERMECTIN DOSE is by using the VOLUME of the paste (not the weight).  And the syringe plunger, the notches on the plunger and the white stop that can be set on the plunger seems the easiest way to measure out a volume.  Each tube contains about 6 standard doses.

So when I use a daily double dose (o.4 mg/Kg) of the paste on myself, I will need about 2 full tubes to get through the 5 day course.

  • Thu, Apr 08, 2021 - 07:31pm

    #8
    stealyourface

    stealyourface

    Status Bronze Member (Offline)

    Joined: Mar 14 2020

    Posts: 45

    count placeholder3

    Current Covid experience – what next?

I would highly consider adding the aspirin as well

 

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/FLCCC-Alliance-I-MASKplus-Protocol-ENGLISH.pdf

  • Thu, Apr 08, 2021 - 08:25pm   (Reply to #5)

    #9

    Rector

    Status Bronze Member (Offline)

    Joined: Feb 07 2010

    Posts: 392

    count placeholder8

    My 17 year old just got it – nothingburger

My 17 year old boy got it from swapping spit with his infected girlfriend – she was asymptomatic.  He had a 103 fever for 24 hours and after lots of sleeping and some D3, he is back to 100%.  None of the rest of us in the household contracted the virus – we been tested – twice.  The other five of us are hardcore exercisers, with lots of vitamins, good diets, and lots of outdoor time daily.  I’m guessing we may have been exposed mildly months ago?

Weird how this disease works.

Rector

  • Fri, Apr 09, 2021 - 04:37am

    #10
    VTGothic

    VTGothic

    Status Gold Member (Offline)

    Joined: Jan 05 2020

    Posts: 610

    count placeholder3

    Current Covid experience – what next?

@sand_puppy, a doctor, said,

I have seen this confusion a number of times in friends, family and posters here:

1.  Use prophylaxis dosing when you feel absolutely wonderful and healthy.

2.  The moment you get SICK, shift to the treatment dosing.

Here’s how I think about it, and how I’d handle it:

First don’t panic. Odds are everyone’s going to be fine unless someone has a morbid underlying condition. Just as with the flu.

Second, follow the Eastern Virginia Medical School’s protocol. That’s basically what Chris has advised, it’s basically in line with FLCCC. Some variances in dosing, but at the core, they all agree and following any one of their protocols is going to be effective for the vast majority of people.

Third, just because IVM works best as a prophylactic (that is, as a preventative), and in the earliest stages of infection doesn’t make it harmful to take later; it could help. Unless an ill person ends up in ICU, it’s not going to make the situation worse.

Fourth, the whole family of a symptomatic person ought to take the EVMS recommendations for early stage infected. None of the parts of those recommendations is going to cause harm, given the dosage levels and relatively short duration of the protocol. (All of the recommended items are available online; IVM from vet supply. Also, IVM for horses is available at Tractor Supply, and likely other animal supply outlets.)

EVMS Protocol: page 9 of this document.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)

Login or Register to post comments