9/11 Conspiracy Solved
I am concerned that real discussion on the vitally important topic of 9/11 will be shut down by poor communication approaches.
I also feel that 9/11 is a seminal event in world history and have come to view it as a false flag deception. Through many hundreds of hours of reading, I am personally certain. But others are not. So how do I talk to good, bright and conscientious people with other perspectives?
Through he school of hard knocks I have a few conclusions:
1. Assume that the other is intelligent and their perspective is reasonable (given their personality and background.)
2. Almost everyone wants to understand the world accurately.
3. Invite another to look through your eyes by describing how it looks from your perspective.
4. They may reject your perspective, even on topics you feel are of life and death importance. (Ouch!!)
5. Don't overstate your case. When we realistically assess of the strength of evidence behind our perspective and communicate that, it lets others trust the accuracy of your words.
So, please be very careful with the language used.
reassuring, to witness on this site recently, the changing of opinion of one subscriber, from 911 conspiracy denier to 911 truth seeker. Credit to both subscribers, especially Grover for persistence. The truth and the obfuscation became self evident in this case.
It would be good to hear of many more similar conversions.
"Condemnation without investigation is the highest form of ignorance"
Ya'll may've seen this already. It's a long read. Worth following the train of events. Would explain a lot of how and why our world looks as it does these days.
Hi Sand Puppy,
I operate from the premise that a lot of people don't want to understand the world accurately. I used to spend a tremendous amount of time trying to get past or fill in what i thought was their information void.
Several years ago I quit evangelizing about this and other 'fringe' topics. Discussion about it is fair — but endless arguments about the obvious? No way. You might as well hand them an Awake or Watchtower magazine and ask them if they'd like to live in a worldly paradise. That is how welcome and respected your ideas will be.
YOU are motivated to seek the truth. It is likely primary to your nature. Basic to other people's nature, over seeking truth is — seeking beauty, pursuing an artful life or it could be chasing material possessions and competing. Winning is primary — not reflecting on life, or how the world works. It's sad, but there must be one greater reason for it. Takes all kinds.
Woops. Double post