Last year, roughly 25 Peak Prosperity readers gathered in the Nevada desert for an an intensive 4-day handgun safety and training course.
We learned a ton. Mostly, how poorly prepared we were to use a handgun before taking the course.
And we had a ton of fun, too, as the photos below show.
The experience was so useful and enjoyable that we’re doing it again this year. And we’ve just finalized the dates: October 18-21, 2019.
Like last year, the excursion is being produced for us by Firearms Training Advocates. FTA’s mission is to increase firearms safety through professional training.
Given record recent gun sales in the US, FTA believes it’s critically important to their own safety and the safety of others, that firearms owners receive professional training. In support of this goal, FTA offers access to world-class firearms training courses in Nevada, outside Las Vegas.
Like last year, there’s a defensive handgun training course. But this year, there’s an added tactical shotgun option. You can pick either.
Specifically, here’s what FTA has put together for us:
- Dates: Oct 18- Oct 21, 2019
- Location: Pahrump, NV
- Program Costs:
- Program fee:
- FREE to PP members attending for the first time (a $2,000 value)
- Returning participants can still receive the same $997 heavily-discounted Front Sight lifetime membership deal ($thousands in savings)
- Firearm rental = FREE to PP members (a $169 value). You can bring your own gun(s), if you wish.
- Ammunition = you can purchase bullets/shells from FTA at a discount and they will be waiting at the range for you (pricing TBA)
- Background check fee: $50 (this is mandatory)
- Program fee:
- Travel, Meals and Lodging: You’ll need to pick these up. FTA is arranging a hotel (the Silverton in Las Vegas) where we can get a group discount.
We’ll all be participating in the same Peak Prosperity group for this long weekend — we’ll head out to ranges together, eat meals together, and stay at the same hotel.
For first-timers, you’re pretty much getting the firearms training experience for free. You’ll just need to get yourself there, and pay for your background check and ammunition, meals and lodging.
And to dispel a myth: this outing isn’t just for men! Not only did we have a number of women participate last year, but one of our returners is bringing a women’s group with her this time. Also, several folks brought their teenage children last year — kids over 11 are more than welcome.
So if this interests you (or your family!), submit your contact information below to have FTA send you more details on the outing and answer any questions you may have: